Brazilian Whipping Boy

Tahoe Must-do's in the summer?

So, let's say someone's gonna get married, go on a honeymoon, on the way back from a distant, romantic country said couple will stay overnight in San Francisco, then head up to Tahoe for 3 nights. (Reno-ish apparently)

Are there anythings the Tahoe peeps would recommend as must do's in the area?

Thanks!

T

Hmm... Good question... Take a drive around the lake.. Always cool... If weather is good, hit up Zephyr Cove for some nice lakeside beach volleyball.(bar/food drinks there too). Take a cruise across the lake in the Dixie Queen or one of those touristy boats. Check out Emerald Bay, short walk, good view. Rent bikes and go for a ride up by Camp Richardson, Fallen Leaf Lake Campground, etc and have drinks on the lake at...um, can't remember the place there but it's food/bar by Camp Richardson with nice lakeside view... Very good view from top of Heavenly Gondola (loads in downtime South Lake Tahoe) Can do a nice romantic dinner for two up there I believe as well.

Try to stay in South Lake Tahoe instead of Reno... By far a better choice... Reno is a pit...

I'll see if I can think of any other places worth your time...

So what's the date? Our 1-year is July 9th...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Thanks brudda!

Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees
    Hmm... Good question... Take a drive around the lake.. Always cool... If weather is good, hit up Zephyr Cove for some nice lakeside beach volleyball.(bar/food drinks there too). Take a cruise across the lake in the Dixie Queen or one of those touristy boats. Check out Emerald Bay, short walk, good view. Rent bikes and go for a ride up by Camp Richardson, Fallen Leaf Lake Campground, etc and have drinks on the lake at...um, can't remember the place there but it's food/bar by Camp Richardson with nice lakeside view... Very good view from top of Heavenly Gondola (loads in downtime South Lake Tahoe) Can do a nice romantic dinner for two up there I believe as well.

Try to stay in South Lake Tahoe instead of Reno... By far a better choice... Reno is a pit...

I'll see if I can think of any other places worth your time...

So what's the date? Our 1-year is July 9th...
    Bunda became Mrs. Bone on Saturday, June 4 in Houston, TX where wearing a tuxedo was not all that comfortable due to humidity. ;)

Leaving for the honeymoon Thursday for two weeks, last three days of which will be up around Tahoe.

Congrats on the 1 year and thanks for the ideas.

T

Congrats man!!!!!!

enjoy the honeymoon!

Woo hoo...

no more living in sin. Have a nice honeymoon. Where again are you kids going?
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Conga Rats!

Quote Originally Posted by TBone
    Bunda became Mrs. Bone on Saturday, June 4 in Houston, TX where wearing a tuxedo was not all that comfortable due to humidity. ;)

Leaving for the honeymoon Thursday for two weeks, last three days of which will be up around Tahoe.

Congrats on the 1 year and thanks for the ideas.

T
    Woohoo! Way to go! Have fun on the honeymoon... It's all down hill from there. But being a snowboarder, you know it's all about the ride downhill...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Thanks bro!

It took me long enough, and then I don't remember anything cause it went by so fast. All that friggin planning and then you don't get a chance to actually enjoy any of it.

The good news is, Stu, my alcoholic friend did get drunk and appeared to have a good time.

T

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Thanks T!

We're going to Cabo for a week, staying overnight in San Fran on the way home, then heading up to Tahoe. Maybe try to meet up with some of the Tahoe faithful if they're around.

We need to get the smart ladies together and drink beer one of these days. Been a while!

T

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Thanks brutha!

Congrats again on the anniversary! Anything special planned?

You gonna be around the Lake anytime from the 17th - 20th of June? If so, give me a jingle. Will PM you my celly number.

T

I'm in...

Quote Originally Posted by TBone
    We need to get the smart ladies together and drink beer one of these days.
    After the excitment of the honeymoon, PM me and we'll talk. Our schedule is crazy until after the July 4th weekend.

Have fun!;)
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.