The white monester has struck again

I guess this doesnt concern you peeps, but still...One of the boys who helped built the dutch snowboarding site I frequent (and that I wrote reports for myself, when I was still somewhat regularely boarding) died in an avalanche while doing a season in Austria. He was 22. One of them goofy, forever smiling and playing jokes kinda kid, that I only met three or four times during meetings, but of whom my instinct had always whispered: "Good folk"

Ride on, Walt. You really should have had more time here.

( We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing ~Shaw )

Have a look at my
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm sorry to hear this...

It sounds like you were fortunate to meet him, albeit only a few times.

If only he could have been as lucky as these three <a href="http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?OSGNAME=KUSA&IKOBJECTID=19cfb523-0abe-421a-015e-72ebebebcc7f&TEMPLATEID=0c76dce6-ac1f-02d8-0047-c589c01ca7bf">knuckleheads</a> who triggered 2 avys, called for help, and then hid from the search and rescue teams.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

bummer....when did this happen? and where? circumstances?

there is an article in the latest outside mag about backcountry snowboarding and avalanche deaths. the most accidents happen to the most experienced people (because they take more risks). the next most accidents happens to beginnners. i'm trying my best to keep myself in the intermediate level. it seems no matter what you do, the unpredictableness of the mountains overrules everything else.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.