Unhappy Why am I at work?

Should have called in sick... Really, I should have. If any day this year, this would have been a good day... But I'm not bitter....

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="345"> <tbody><tr><td colspan="4" class="h2">Snow Stats (snow totals in inches)</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="text" width="90"> Last 24 hours </td> <td class="text" width="50">24-36"</td> <td class="text" width="130">Season Total Range</td> <td class="text" width="60">
    512-660"
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="text"> Last 48 hours </td> <td class="text">26-38"</td> <td class="text">Base Depth </td> <td class="text">
    164-212"
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="text">Storm Total</td> <td class="text">66-98"</td> <td class="text"> </td></tr></tbody> </table>
    Sigh, should be at Kirkwood... Floundering in the snow... Playing in the trees... Sloughing the chutes... But no, I'm sipping a 4+ hour old cold mocha that I bought at 5:30am this morning on the way to work, multi-tasking through another conference call that I have marginal if any real added value to add.

Work-Life Balance... Priorities... I keep hearing these words, but still can't quite grasp them...

I'll be playing in North Tahoe Sat & Sunday at least... Squaw Sat, and maybe Alpine Sunday.. dunno... weather calls for possible rain up to 8000ft on Sunday though... That'd be bad.... Guess I'll pack my raincoat and slap on the warm wax and fresh'n up the structure... Pond skimming anyone?
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Try looking at it from your window & not riding

e

Yah, sucks to be you too... will you be able to get out at all this week?
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees
    Yah, sucks to be you too... will you be able to get out at all this week?
    Actually it doesn't suck to me. I said fuct it & went riding in the white out conditions. Mott was darn fun, lots of untracked & then I got 2 runs in Kilabrew. Conditions in there were from deep to avy(started courtesy of me) to riding an ice rink with rocks. Pretty sketchy in areas. Avy danger is extrememly high, probably the worst I've seen since I've been here.
    avE

Glad to hear you got some at least... As for the Avy danger, yah, I expected as much. Some of the splitters are looking to throw something together on Saturday... It should stabilize a lot by then, but will still be sketchy on the N.E. slopes, and the steepers stuff that I'd prefer to be riding. Ah well, I'll be "lift whoring" as they like to call it... Free tick to Squaw, so might as well use it..

Don't work too hard...

And I had to check, just because I like to suffer... Kirkwood got another 18"+.. Their totals so far, 6-8 feet in 5 days...

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="345"> <tbody><tr><td colspan="4" class="h2">Snow Stats (snow totals in inches)</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="text" width="90"> Last 24 hours </td> <td class="text" width="50">15-18"</td> <td class="text" width="130">Season Total Range</td> <td class="text" width="60">
    527-678"
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="text"> Last 48 hours </td> <td class="text">39-54"</td> <td class="text">Base Depth </td> <td class="text">
    164-212"
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="text">Storm Total</td> <td class="text">81-116"</td></tr></tbody> </table>
    Think they'll break 700" this year? Might get another foot early next week.. It'll be close..
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

I wonder if there are any cliffs left. Their extreme contest should be interesting this year. I'm sure they'll break 700, if not some creative measuring will do the trick. Just for reference that would be an average year at the parking lot of Baker & Paradise,Rainier. When I try to explain to people here how bad it is in the NW, I just say imagine Kirkwood having a 20" base on top. Good news is that they are finally getting some snow, nothing like Kirkwood, but a foot here & there is really important.
    e

Baker is actually getting some late snow...might go up next week if the new snow actually arrives....

http://www.mtbaker.us/snow_report/report_fs.html

Quote Originally Posted by canuck
    Baker is actually getting some late snow...might go up next week if the new snow actually arrives....

I hope, expect a full report, plus pics of the au pair's pair.
    au parE

Let's Go!

Canuck, let me know if you are still contemplating taking a day off this week to ride Baker, the constellations seem to be lining up in our favor...
    Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky

I could probably do Friday, which might be reallly good according to long-range forecast?

What you think?

I could probably do Friday, which might be reallly good according to long-range forecast?

What you think?
    Cough! cough! ...yeah, I'm feeling a cold brewing inside, and I wouldn't want to be so rude as to risk the health of my co-workers, right?
    Canaria

can we make the call tomorrow? See how the weather is looking?

Sounds good

10 inches in the last 24 hours

I've put a call out to all my hellion rider girlfriends, the temperatures are falling in the mountain and the snow is getting fluffier, let's keep our fingers crossed.
    Canaria