Antti got robbed

I saw a vid link on the transworld site for the US Open 1/2 pipe. I think the run Antti threw down was better than the X-Games run. His first 3 hits were huge, never went smaller than 10' out, back to back 10's, to a 7 & ended with a 9. His first hit was a huge bs grasser. Then I watched Fischer/Kass's run. The only thing they had was they got 6 hits in where Antti had 5. But they didn't have technical runs nor amplitude. I guess 3rd is good, but it seems he should've won. On another note, Risto won the slopestyle with Lago(17yearsold) got 4th. I'm happy for Risto since he has seperated ribs, guy needs to start lifting weights or something.

On another note,sorry, but what do you all look for in graphics? Seems the high end boards has more simple graphics & the low end boards have all the little bells & whistles. Which sucks for me. Just curious about what people want for graphics; bells & whistles or clean & simple.
    e

I'm a clean and simple guy myself... And it kinda makes sense that the graphics would be distributed the way you described. After all, the folks paying for higher end boards are going to be drawn to a board for it's specs/performance rather than looks. Where the lower and mid have less to differentiate themselves from other manufacturers so they have to have the looks/graphics to get attention.

Anyway, yah... Clean and simple for me...

Oh, and for AA, yah, he got robbed. Saw that run as well and it was pretty sweat.. Sometimes I just don't get the judges... Maybe they were tired of seeing the flying Fins from flow flurish... hmmm... okay, no more for me today... must go home...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees
    I'm a clean and simple guy myself... And it kinda makes sense that the graphics would be distributed the way you described. After all, the folks paying for higher end boards are going to be drawn to a board for it's specs/performance rather than looks. Where the lower and mid have less to differentiate themselves from other manufacturers so they have to have the looks/graphics to get attention.

Anyway, yah... Clean and simple for me...

Oh, and for AA, yah, he got robbed. Saw that run as well and it was pretty sweat.. Sometimes I just don't get the judges... Maybe they were tired of seeing the flying Fins from flow flurish... hmmm... okay, no more for me today... must go home...
    Seems to be a common thought, people that actually ride are not so taken in by graphics. The lowend crap is where you have to have graphics & of course cheap a$$ boards. Kind of sad, but this is what the retailers/distributors want. Better start working on my Chinese.
    chyknEEs

naked or semi-naked women?
    my boards are both basically graphic-less unless you count the holographic thingy on my custom....

I kindof like wilder stuff on the base, simple on top..like the supermodel had..Jamie Lynn's stuff is a bit much for me although I hear girls think he's cute.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck
    naked or semi-naked women?
    my boards are both basically graphic-less unless you count the holographic thingy on my custom....

I kindof like wilder stuff on the base, simple on top..like the supermodel had..Jamie Lynn's stuff is a bit much for me although I hear girls think he's cute.
    He is cute! Uhmm, that's what my mom said. Thanks for the feedback.
    jamE

The one person I've talked to who was there also said that Antti got robbed, so I'll second that statement.

As for board graphics: On top I have no distinct preference between clean & simple / bells & whistles. I have both and love both. I like easy to spot (whatever that might mean) bases just for the convenience, preferably in a dark color so you can't see that we've been riding dirt here in Washington instead of snow for the past few months.

Traumatized by my first board

Blame it on those Gnu Kinetics in fluorescent colors... after that, it's been black or wood for me. Metal studs, ok
    Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky

SpaceCowboyGangsterofLove

Is it too late to put my 2 cents in?

Quote Originally Posted by elex
    I saw a vid link on the transworld site for the US Open 1/2 pipe. I think the run Antti threw down was better than the X-Games run. His first 3 hits were huge, never went smaller than 10' out, back to back 10's, to a 7 & ended with a 9. His first hit was a huge bs grasser. Then I watched Fischer/Kass's run. The only thing they had was they got 6 hits in where Antti had 5. But they didn't have technical runs nor amplitude. I guess 3rd is good, but it seems he should've won. On another note, Risto won the slopestyle with Lago(17yearsold) got 4th. I'm happy for Risto since he has seperated ribs, guy needs to start lifting weights or something.

On another note,sorry, but what do you all look for in graphics? Seems the high end boards has more simple graphics & the low end boards have all the little bells & whistles. Which sucks for me. Just curious about what people want for graphics; bells & whistles or clean & simple.
    e
    In terms of board grafix, I was really hoping that Suchick was gonna convince Burton to do "a little something special" in terms of graphical board flourishes when she worked for them, but alas, just more dragons, and demons.

What I'm looking for is something really over the top! Comon, somebody incorporate numerous flashing LEDs, and EL wire into a see through snowboard and I'll buy it!!! Who gives a fart about how it handles, it's all about the look baby! The way a board performs should always be a secondary factor. Hey if it rides well too, then we'll just consider it a bonus.

Hmmm, maybe I'll construct a prototype in all my spare time. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie
    In terms of board grafix, I was really hoping that Suchick was gonna convince Burton to do "a little something special" in terms of graphical board flourishes when she worked for them, but alas, just more dragons, and demons.

What I'm looking for is something really over the top! Comon, somebody incorporate numerous flashing LEDs, and EL wire into a see through snowboard and I'll buy it!!! Who gives a fart about how it handles, it's all about the look baby! The way a board performs should always be a secondary factor. Hey if it rides well too, then we'll just consider it a bonus.

Hmmm, maybe I'll construct a prototype in all my spare time. ;)
    I would do this, but I'm sure Burton is all over it.
    e

I like their new prototype board with a built in dvd drive and 8 inch screen built into the deck just behind the nose....

bit dangerous to watch riding fakie, you'd think those idiots would have thought of twin-screens?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck
    I like their new prototype board with a built in dvd drive and 8 inch screen built into the deck just behind the nose....

bit dangerous to watch riding fakie, you'd think those idiots would have thought of twin-screens?
    I'm working on having a built in Ipod,digital camera & a Duke's of Hazard horn.