New Order is Krafty.

Just listened to the first single, 'Krafty' from New Order's new album, and it's pretty damn good! Hope the rest of the album is as good.

Also, I think Bauhaus has a new album out. Damn. The 80's are back.

Tantrum should be happy, though. Maybe Men Without Hats or Kajagoogoo will put out some new music.

-mht

So, how's about sharing...

the file? I'm always in for a new song from New Order.

Speaking of 80s, I just purchased a 3-disc set of Ska from Trojan Records. Can't wait to get it burned and on the MP3 player.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

can't.

I don't have the file. I listened to it on Rhapsody. The album isn't out yet, but the single is, I suppose. Then I listened to a New Order sampler of all the great hits. Good stuff!

You a big ska fan? I've never got into it much. Always preferred reggae, I guess.

-mht

I see...

You get your music legally. Didn't peg you as a goody-goody.

Yep, I'm a rude boy on the inside. Ranking full stop!
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Big 80s

Quote Originally Posted by Tantrum

Yep, I'm a rude boy on the inside. Ranking full stop!
    And we love you for it.

Say, do you get Nina Blackwood's "Big 80s" show on your local station? Good times, my friend.

My new music-related kick: Steve Jones' radio show. You can stream it here, I think.

Jonesy's Jukebox

He spins anything and everything. Last time I listened, it was cheese-metal, interspersed with lounge, intermixed with his funny observations on the music scene. He likes to bag on bands with faux-deep lyrics. And gotta love his accent.

(Hmm...is it getting to be time for a CD swap?)

accidentally legal

You get your music legally. Didn't peg you as a goody-goody.
    If there was a better way to get so much music, so easily, I'd do it. But as it stands with a couple of clicks I can listen to whole albums, brand new or really old, from pretty much anyone I want. The new jack johnson is good, by the way. As is the new Handsome Boy Modeling School "White People", which has Jack (and other white people) on it. Oh, and it even has Darryl Hall on it. So you'd like it.

-mht

Sweet...

I'll add that to the things to do at work!;)

How long has this station be on the air? Is it better than KROQ? It seems every LA station has to have its resident Brit to give it some cred.

I was tooling around and found the mash-ups. There are some good ones to be had (and some not-so-good).
    Tantrum

How do you listen to music...

away form the computer? Mrs. T got me a MP3 player for X-mas and I dig it. I spent the last 2 months ripping my CDs into audio files.
    Tantrum

Darryl Hall! woohoo

The new " G Love" disc is good (well 2004 not really new)
    I like the new Jack although it sounds pretty much like the old Jack.

roger that jack?

well, a couple of ways

away form the computer?
    first, since I'm at work behind a computer all day, got that covered.
    second, at home, I run it through my computer to my home stereo. So I guess I'm not actually away from it per se, but right now the laptop is my remote controller.

the only place I can't listen to it is in the truck to and from work. working on that one. If I do hear something I like enough (or put together a playlist I like) I can burn it for like .79 a song.

I considered getting an iPod or something but figured the only time I listen to headphoned music is when I'm on an airplane, so didn't make much sense.

added bonus: I'll never lose, erase, scratch or otherwise destroy another track since it's stored elsewhere.
    bonus 2: no need to take up harddrive space with 1500mp3's!

-mht (they really should be paying me for all this shilling)

You mean you guys don't have the new order album yet? "Waiting for the Siren's call"... Actually has some other songs that aren't bad. I still prefer the 80's stuff better, but it doesn't suck. I mean, it's not like that World Cup soccer song they did... Wow, that was REALLY bad...

Anyway, if someone wants, i can hook them up on the album to preview until they can purchase the UK version late this month, or the US version in April.. It's about 70mb...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

where's my boobookitty?! evilninja's Avatar

new order...

I havent heard the new single yet....but liked the last album, so I am looking forward to it...
    Did someone mention something about cd sawp? Perhaps that was just the voices in me head.

later....