Problems with my boots

I got a new pair of Solomon boots for Christmas. I got them at Ski Dazzle in LA. I must have tried on 12 pairs of boots, over and over again for nearly two hours and they were the most comfortable by far!

My problem is that my front foot falls asleep on me after a couple of runs. I've tried wearing different weights of socks, resetting the binding straps.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

Aerin

That's no fun... Normally I hear that thinner sock do better at avoiding, or at least managing the sleep issue... (technically, blood circulation, etc)

As far as other things to try, not sure. Keeping the toe strap out towards the toes, or picking up a Burton or Technine "Cap-strap" for $30 or so to replace your toe strap has helped some. If it's the upper strap that's pinching your circulation, that's a bit tougher to adjust.

The last thing is that it could just be the boots are just laced a bit too tight or not quite broken in enough to allow proper bloodflow. Some of Salomon's higher end boots have Heat Moldable liners. If yours do, it might be worth taking them to a boot fitter and getting them baked and fitted properly. This can make a HUGE difference in fine tuning the fit and feel...

Anyway, not a whole lot of help, I know... Hopefully they'll fix themselves with a little more break-in...

In them meantime, I'm looking at a silver dollar size hole in the back of my left heal from two days of backcountry split-boarding in boots with new liners that weren't quite fitted right.... Pain is groovy...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

This may be overly obvious, but make sure you loosen the straps a little after each run. Sometimes the placement of the boot within the binding can change things as well. For example, I always hit the outside toe box of the boot so that it is all the way against the inside of the binding. This for some reason makes strap pressure even less of an issue being that I really crank down my straps before each run. Of course it could be an arch issue in which a custom foot bed may help.
    MARK

New Boots

Hey Greg and Mark,

Thanks for the info. I will try loosening my straps a bit. I always thought that they had to be as tight as they could be comfortably, especially for steep, packed terrain.

I did ride better yesterday. Went up to Mt. High (in So Cal) for very, very warm spring conditions and stayed for a little night riding. Perhaps they do need a good breaking in period.

Greg, hope your heel heels quickly.

Cheers,

Aerin

If you aren't lossening your ratchets by a few clicks after each run then I can almost guarantee that is the issue. Good luck.
    MARK

thermofit liners

if you do have the thermofit liners (i have the salomon malamute which has them) here are the instructions on how to mold them DIY. i did the same, easy peasy.

http://www.bombersplitboards.com/Pag...ing_liners.cfm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.