Mammoth for sale

Intrawest will buy it and turn it into Whistler South, resulting in high prices, way too many Aussies, and years of no snow.....http://www.canada.com/vancouver/thep...f-18818aa154d1

Yes, that'll be a sad day when Dave is no longer running the show. I honestly having had a chance to ride there yet in the winter, but have spent a lot of time in the area. I know who'ev get's there hands on it will be looking at going big with it. There have already been talks of a larger local airport to accomodate international traffic. I'd hate to see what that would do to the area... It's pretty cool, as-is...

Just have to wait and see...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Gee, wish I'd know sooner!

I just bought into a consortium that runs a private operation up in the local mountains. It's the coolest place ever: original '50s ski lodge with outhouse (brr!), rinky-dink diesel-powered nutcracker rope tows, all b/c, no grooming. A real gem. Just got 8' of snow. You coming for a visit?

Sounds cool LL. I always thought about buying the side of a hill up in Tahoe somewhere to put in my own rope-tow just for friends and family... Where's it at? How do we get hooked up? Does it have fun trees and stuff to ride through? Photos? Wassup!

sorry, long week Friday buzz going in full affect.. Can't wait to get out of work..
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

You can be...

The money man with your deep pockets and I'll be the brains because of my big head. The Canadian dollar is strong so why not?
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

wehugtrees

Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees
    Sounds cool LL. I always thought about buying the side of a hill up in Tahoe somewhere to put in my own rope-tow just for friends and family... Where's it at? How do we get hooked up? Does it have fun trees and stuff to ride through? Photos? Wassup!

sorry, long week Friday buzz going in full affect.. Can't wait to get out of work..
    Yup, a tree-hugger/mugger's paradise! I'll try to get some photos next time I go up. Avy danger was extreme this last weekend, and I suspect the tows were buried (!). I can PM more info if you're interested. We can run up there if you make it to L.A. this winter...just bring five bucks for the ropetow diesel fund, and you're in.

Oh, and for those like me who'd never seen a nutcracker rope tow, here's a link showing one in action in NZ. Add to the fun that you're being yanked up a steep ravine, between trees, on bumpy snow. Tricky on a snowboard.

I'd like to take you up on the offer... Not sure if I'll make it this year though. The rest of my weekends are booking up fast. Shame I didn't know sooner, as I'll be down that way in a couple weeks for a wedding, but already filled in the extra days around that as well. Darn, poor planning... Oh well..

As for those nutcrackers, those are brutal... I've yet to try one on a board, and don't imagine it'd be any more pleasurable than on skis...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Quote Originally Posted by LazyL
    I just bought into a consortium that runs a private operation up in the local mountains. It's the coolest place ever: original '50s ski lodge with outhouse (brr!), rinky-dink diesel-powered nutcracker rope tows, all b/c, no grooming. A real gem. Just got 8' of snow. You coming for a visit?
    Looks like I'm moving down there in June, not sure if full time or what. I would like to check out that place. Sounds cool. I'm not worried about the outhouse, I tend to wear diapers when camping.
    pEEdiddE

So it's official, E, eh? Bummer... Office in San Diego area, or is it somewhere else?

Not like it means I'll see you any less than I do now though... You can work on your tan? Hmmm... Closer to Tijuana?

Well, at least it's a job... Better than the alternative... Sometimes at least...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

San Clemente most likely. I still get to ride a lot, probably even more. I might just leave a car at my parent's house & get a pass at Alpental. I miss it up there, even though this year is horrible. Here's one of my daily cliffs, rider not me. Too bad this guy is taking the weenie line, over the trees is the line.
    e
    Attached Images Attached Images  

San Clemente isn't bad...

Flow will have to start making surfboards with Trestles so close. John Wayne Int'l Airport is not much of an improvement over Reno though.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantrum
    Flow will have to start making surfboards with Trestles so close. John Wayne Int'l Airport is not much of an improvement over Reno though.
    The parent company owns a bunch of watersports crap, so I guess we will be one big happy family. I guess they are trying to form a company or something. I have no idea what my plans are, but I will be getting a tan & learning to surf, like everybody else in the company, when I have time. Actually I doing an outstanding job of wasting time today.
    e

Not bad at all!

Quote Originally Posted by elex
    San Clemente most likely. I still get to ride a lot, probably even more. I might just leave a car at my parent's house & get a pass at Alpental. I miss it up there, even though this year is horrible. Here's one of my daily cliffs, rider not me. Too bad this guy is taking the weenie line, over the trees is the line.
    e
    San Clemente is a great area. Well, except for the over-abundance of exceptionally good-looking women who ruin the curve for the rest of us. I think you'll have a nice summer!

Keep me posted on your move. We can meet up and swap canuck stories.

youhug mehugs?

that place sounds pretty sweet. now you just need to get that deisel puppy running on veggie juice and you're totally green!

how are ya, sug?

-mht

I've never met E... an overabundance of hotties huh?

I'm going to Vegas in May, you wanna drive up?

me too.

I'm going to Vegas in April and June. How bout you stick around for a month. I'm sure there is something you could do there to keep you satisfied. There is a mechanical bull at Gilleys!

-mht

Wow, you're planning on getting married twice??

-I seriously doubt my wallet could handle a month in Vegas!

Quote Originally Posted by canuck
    Intrawest will buy it and turn it into Whistler South, resulting in high prices, way too many Aussies, and years of no snow.....http://www.canada.com/vancouver/thep...f-18818aa154d1

Doesn't $200 million seem kind of low? I mean it's a huge chunk of change to the average person, but for a resort the size of Mammoth....
    I love the fat boards for the pow pow...

yeah.

I mean, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, right?

actually, the April trip IS for a wedding, though not mine. yet. And the June one is to prevent a wedding, I mean for a bachelor party. I'm frightened of the June one, actually.

-mht

Are you not telling us something?...

Quote Originally Posted by mehugtree
    though not mine. yet.
    Is there a hillbilly wedding in the near future? Do tell!
    Tantrum

naah.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantrum
    Is there a hillbilly wedding in the near future? Do tell!
    no, my sister is already spoken for.

no plans anytime soon, but I am shacking up with a lady now. She doesn't snowboard, so I can't see it going anywhere. ;)

sorry LL. If you only lived 1000 miles closer......

-mht

Omg!...

ROTFLMAO!

sorry LL. If you only lived 1000 miles closer
    But that would put her somewhere in Texas and that still wouldn't work.

PS I'm still laughing at that sister wise-crack!
    Tantrum

no plans anytime soon, but I am shacking up with a lady now. She doesn't snowboard, so I can't see it going anywhere. ;)

-mht
    Too bad, could've called you Uncle Daddy. Does your lady cook, clean & fetch you PBRs?
    pEbEr

my May trip is for a friend's wedding....I'm hoping Elvis will do the honors

Normally we use women to strip at the bachelor party, maybe it's different in Canada.
    e

ah, you know, strippers just make me all shy and embarrassed like....

-so the rumours about you and the sheep are untrue then?

Geography was never my strong subject...

-mht
    I thought Atlanta was some mystical place under the sea? I kept looking for you when I'd duckdive the waves.

Honey-keg, as long as she's good enough for you, that's good enough for me. (sniffle) But should your heart ever find itself homeless, it can always come crash on my heart's couch.

My friendboy can't parallel park worth a damn, so I'm not sure if it'll go anywhere, either.
    ;)

Maybe May

Well, if you think you can squeeze me in between the strippers (hmm, that came out sounding sexy), I just may roll out to Vegas. I just landed my first big client, so we need to celebrate, this time on me. All the Taco Bell you can stomach, baby!

Yo quiero Taco Bell... woof!

Congratulaciones LL!!! Check you out, getting your company going and buying part of a ski area. Forbes, take note!
    Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky

Pride of ownership

Quote Originally Posted by CanariaChick
    Congratulaciones LL!!! Check you out, getting your company going and buying part of a ski area. Forbes, take note!
    Thanks! Not quite Forbes status, but better than the lordly $650 income I made last year.

Just got word that the roof of the ski lodge collapsed under the weight of all the snow we had recently, so I'll be up there this weekend with a shovel to dig it out. What height does m'lady prefer her kicker? Come visit!