Hello, Fellow Fly Flickers!
As some of you know, a number of us will be making our way west soon for a few days of comraderie, fly flinging, and hopefully, string-stretching! I just was wondering how you all pack your flies for flights on commercial airliners. In the past, I've just loaded several fly boxes with what I thought I might need and packed them in my vest, which went into my baggage. This trip, I'm going to be bringing a fairly large number of tolerably large woolly buggers, sizes 2-6, as well as other large streamers and assorted bugs. In order to prevent misshapen flies, I would have to pack several fairly huge fly boxes to accomodate these beasts. I'm thinking of packing my stash in a 3700 or 3600 Plano box; the ones with the moveable dividers. Then, when I arrive at my destination, I will transfer enough flies for a day's fishing into one fly box, reducing the bulk I have in my vest. In the past, I have witnessed this method being used by the illustrious Messrs. Bob Hook anfd Dave Ecklund; they seemed to be pleased with this system. Any comments or additional suggestions?
(Can you all tell I'm stretching it to get some discussion going on this board?!? ;) )