Pacific NW area's - anything decent yet?

I just picked up a new Option Free Plus for 40 % off and am dying to get out and ride it. I don't want to spend the day riding over rocks though. Anyone been to Whistler, Baker or Steven's Pass lately who could report on the conditions? This has been the most bizarre year ever.
    Thanks all.

Whistler = icy groomers.....worst snowpack ever for late Feb!!!
    Baker = 3 foot base....can't be much better.....

book a trip to Tahoe!!

Wave-Maker / Pot-Stirrer

Idaho is doing fair.

It seems Idaho is doing enough to just get by this year. All of our resorts are open and seem to be running at near 100%. We just got 10" of fluff last night which puts Bogus Basin at 42 on the base and 60 something on top. Great riding this year so far. I've had close to 30 days up so far. No deep pow pow, but pack is better than no snow!!
    Rampage

"Beware the good assumptions in life, the light at the end of the tunnel is probably an oncoming train!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage
    It seems Idaho is doing enough to just get by this year. All of our resorts are open and seem to be running at near 100%. We just got 10" of fluff last night which puts Bogus Basin at 42 on the base and 60 something on top. Great riding this year so far. I've had close to 30 days up so far. No deep pow pow, but pack is better than no snow!!
    I hit Idaho in January, one day at Bogus and two days at Sun Valley, thats been my season along with two days at Baker in December. I may need to get back over there. The weather person said last night that we probably won't get any rain in Seattle until early March. This is getting really bad.

Pathetic NW Report

Went to Volcom's PB Jam rail fest at Summit on Saturday, I wish you could see what I saw... after a month and a week of all local resorts being closed, things have not improved much, therefore, all lifts were still closed, so the event consisted of bringing a couple of snow blowers near the bottom, arrange 3 rails within the pile of freezer scraps accumulated, and bask in the sun with 5 of your best friends, and 50 others.

Don't get me wrong, while still fun, it's just not what you would expect of February in the PacNW, ironically, end of January and February are usually garanteed solid base, plus, plus, and March brings in the powder and bluebird days.

Baker is the one faring best out of all the NW resorts, and yet, it is still recommendable to use your beater board (34 in base), if the snow fall ain't fresh. However, on the days they have had some fresh powder, look out!
    Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky

Talking

We just got another 3-4 feet in tahoe, the past 4-5 days.

Wave-Maker / Pot-Stirrer

Talking Bogus Basin

Got a couple of hours in at Bogus today before work. Wet powder everywhere. We got far more pow on the northside than we did on the southside, which explains why they said we only got 10 inches. The stupid marker is on the south side, where the lesser snow dropped. Anyhoo, powder isn't waist deep or anything, but most of the runs were groomed real nice just before the pow dropped so the ride is awesome. No glacier type surfaces to have to watch out for and man that's nice. Weatherman says the skies are going to be blue and dreamy for the rest of the week, so I'm gonna take the rest of the week off and go zoom zoom. Weekdays are so nice here, rarely have to wait in lift lines. Weekends though, are dreadful. Have to stay on expert or better terrain to get rid of the kids...
    Rampage

"Beware the good assumptions in life, the light at the end of the tunnel is probably an oncoming train!!"