G3000 - SICKEST day

Some was definitely gotten at G3000 today. First open day after the dump, on first lift up (a total of 10 people) and first ones in the Combe d'Audon breaking trail. It was sooo goood tooo. Knee to waist and fluffy everywhere. We logged near 8500m of vertical today. I feel like it too.

Some video capture shots for now. More later...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Where are the crowds?...

Damn, that was awesome! This last weekend (President's weekend) in Summit was CROWDED. Snow was nothing like you had.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Urf...

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot
    That was pretty, I have not seen snow like that since last year!

What are you using, a helmet cam? or carrying the digi in your hand?
    Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky

Nice little vidi... I see the helmet cam is working well.. Damn nice snow... Definitely a good day for the swallowtail... Had some good days over the weekend myself, but nothing quite as open and untracked as that... Pretty... Pretty... Pretty...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

it's a helmetcam setup. you can see the little "nub" in my shadow.

i'm having fun with the helmetcam but it sure can be a PITA. wires, batteries, tapes, etc. i'm getting better at it but it kinda takes a bit of the fun outta the day. case in point: we arrive at parking lot with 5 minutes before first lift. mad scramble to get everything on and together. we make the first lift. we get to the top and the access to the Combe is roped off. piste patrol says they are still preparing and to get a coffee and wait a while. everyone (8 people) go in the restaurant while we wait outside. 10 min later a piste patrol on a snowmobile pulls up and he starts taking down the ropes. we drop in down the hill and cross the ropes just as he takes it down, hootin all the way. first one in the Combe, breaking trail, first tracks (of the season) all the way down..... so we get back on the lift to take us back up for round two and i then think to myself "did i plug in the battery pack for the helmetcam? nope." doh!

Yep, been there, done that. I've been too lazy to set it up so far this year. This last weekend would have been good... But no, didn't bother... I find what I bother to shoot and photograph depends highly on the folks I'm riding with... And well, lately it's been fun and all, but not all that inspiring for the follow-cam type stuff... Ah well..
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees
    Yep, been there, done that. I've been too lazy to set it up so far this year. This last weekend would have been good... But no, didn't bother... I find what I bother to shoot and photograph depends highly on the folks I'm riding with... And well, lately it's been fun and all, but not all that inspiring for the follow-cam type stuff... Ah well..
    to me, unless it is a fresh untracked powder (or very lightly tracked) bluebird day it doesn't warrant a helmetcam day. but then there's the powder problem - i took the helmetcam to leysin in waist/chest deep blower and all i got was a few turns, faceshot, then 10 minutes of an obscured lens with some sound. ah, what to do....

i'm actually more looking forward to bike season with the helmetcam. i think the summer trails here will be far more interesting. and i won't have any problem of going too fast for anyone either. <ha>

so how long do you figure on living over there anyways???

Quote Originally Posted by canuck
    so how long do you figure on living over there anyways???
    i've been asked this a lot lately. easy answer: when it starts to suck. does it suck now? definitely not. it's only gotten better!