Ride Edge Angles

Hi all,

I have been having a great time lately riding a Ride Yukon around in some pretty good conditions up Alberta/BC way and it is time to do some edge work. Does anyone know what the factory edge and base bevel angles are for the Yukon or Timeless? I love the current angles and want to be sure not to change them.

Thanks in advance.

Bozo

Actually a very good question... I'm kinda curious myself..... It doesn't matter for my old Timeless because I've tuned it to basically 0 bottom/side and been quite happy with he results... Need to check for my new No. 4 before I do any edge work...

If you find out, let us know, and I'll do the same..
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Wave-Maker / Pot-Stirrer

Talking Angles

I asked Ride about this a few years ago, and here is what they basically told me: 37 for aggressive riding, 45 for more control, and 90 for complete control. I typically use around 60 to 70, at least that's what my jig is set up for. The shop on my mt uses close to 90 for everything, probably cuz it's more tuned for skis. I like the smaller cuts better, not sure about cutting to 37, but I might go a little smaller than 60. Hope this can help...
    Rampage

"Beware the good assumptions in life, the light at the end of the tunnel is probably an oncoming train!!"

Not edge angles...

Rampage, those numbers you were given aren't the edge angles, but rather the sidewall angles used on various models within Ride's line when constructed ;) Manufacturer's commonly use a 90 angle on base and side, or a combination of a 90 and perhaps 89. I'm not sure where 60/70 comes from because that would make edges easily damaged and very much negatively affect performance(assuming that angles of that magnitude could even be achieved with a standard file holder).
    MARK

I was about to ask what you were refering to with those numbers Rampage, but it looks like Mark cleared it up... I'll check the Ride No. 4 when I get a chance, as I haven't touched the edges yet on that. Most likely it's like 90 on my Timeless, but I am curious. No matter, I've always gotten the performance I've needed with 90, or 0 degree bevel side and bottom...

Anyway, good times...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Wave-Maker / Pot-Stirrer

Too much cold to the brain maybe.

Yeah, I was way on crack there. I gave my friend up at the lodge a good laugh too!! He just told me he shaves them square (90), and that is what my jig is set up for. He also told me what you were saying Mark. So, for now, I just have to lay off the booze. Sry for the bad info. Either Ride misunderstood me or I did a cruddy job of asking my questions to them, lol. For now, I'll just let the shop do my complete tunes and I'll use my jig for cleanup.
    Rampage

"Beware the good assumptions in life, the light at the end of the tunnel is probably an oncoming train!!"

It's all good.... All I knew was you were talking some very different numbers from what I was used to...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Thanks.

Cheers guys. The numbers were pretty close to what I expected but just wanted to be sure before I adjusted them. Since the Yukon is only bought out on odd occasions I think I'm going to go with a 88 degree edge and 0.5 base bevel angle. I have a Head Intelligence set up that way and it works just the way I like it.

Thanks to all.

Bozo

Finally an answer from Ride.

The reply I got today from Ride Canada;

"Hi,

The bevels are a 1 degree edge and a 1
    degree base on the Yukon.

Ride Canada"

Cheers.

Bozo