Thread: First ride

Threaded View

First ride

While on a winter vacation to Reno, I was able to spend a day at Northstar at Tahoe snowboarding. It was my first ride after knee surgery plus I had 2 beginners with me, so we stuck to mostly green and some blue runs. Overall, it went really well and I am impressed that I stayed upright as much as I did (which wasn't much). I was fast compared to everyone else on the bunny hill though. We go to Reno every year to ride dirt bikes with a whole bunch of rowdy internet geeks from a dirt bike website. We had Canadians with their dirt-bike powered bike blender, some Aussies and Kiwis, and riders from half the states in the lower 48. I did blow up my dirt bike's engine somehow though.

I did land on my knee, but there was no familiar popping, snapping, or nauseating pain. So I assume it's ok. I wasn't really supposed to be riding anyway but oh well . . . it's been 4 months so I'm kind of at the tail end of the danger zone or the very beginning of the safe recovery zone, depending on how you want to look at it. EIther way I'm tired of sitting on my ass and wasting all the snow!

So anyway here is the one picture I have of me riding. Yes I know I look dumb. Actually I am not even good enough to know whether or not I look dumb, but I am sure my form sucks.
    Attached Images Attached Images