Powder Snowboard Help

I am looking for a powder board. I've found the following online:

Nitro Saber POW
    Burton Fish
    WinterStick Swallowtail

Has anyone ridden any of these? What do you love, hate about them? How does the swallowtail design ride? The local shops don't have much info to help me out.

I was in Tahoe the past 5 days and after that storm my Palmer 161 HoneyPRO did good but I want a true POWDER board for the next week or so since this storm is DUMPING all over and no one can get up here!!! Please help!!!

Thanks,
    YT

I would help you out but I'm one of the sorry cases stuck down in the Bay Area working while you are up there having fun....

But, I'm a nice guy...

So, what's your weight and shoe size? What angles do you run?

Reason being is the Nitro is pretty wide, the Winterstick is a bit wide, but the Burton is narrower....

Tree's and all around I'd go Burton as it's quicker turning, and probably matches up with your weight/size...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Here's a sick day on a new swallowtail:

swallowtail
    MARK

Mark, you have to give the link to my review of the board as well.....

http://forums.outdoorreview.com/showthread.php?t=774

Anyway, I prefer the bigger ones myself, but a 169 ST isn't bad for most folks...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Quote Originally Posted by yellow_tail

Nitro Saber POW
    Burton Fish
    WinterStick Swallowtail

Has anyone ridden any of these? What do you love, hate about them? How does the swallowtail design ride? The local shops don't have much info to help me out.

I was in Tahoe the past 5 days and after that storm my Palmer 161 HoneyPRO did good but I want a true POWDER board for the next week or so since this storm is DUMPING all over and no one can get up here!!! Please help!!!

Thanks,
    YT
    The Winterstick is not really meant for ski areas, it's only for powder, that's it.
    Fish is good for medium depth pow,trees & smaller cliffs. Nothing against the Fish, but with the severly set back stance & small tail you do lose a bit of performance in the bigger mountain riding.
    I don't know much about the Nitro,sorry.
    I have 3 swallowtail versions, I haven't ridden one of them, but I do see a balance between powder & non powder riding(groomers,bumps,extreme steeps).
    Companies to look at; Glissade(just big boards),Prior & StepChild Ranquet. I heard great things about the StepChild board, but then again I heard it from the designer.
    e

Quote Originally Posted by elex
    The Winterstick is not really meant for ski areas, it's only for powder, that's it.
    Fish is good for medium depth pow,trees & smaller cliffs. Nothing against the Fish, but with the severly set back stance & small tail you do lose a bit of performance in the bigger mountain riding.
    I don't know much about the Nitro,sorry.
    I have 3 swallowtail versions, I haven't ridden one of them, but I do see a balance between powder & non powder riding(groomers,bumps,extreme steeps).
    Companies to look at; Glissade(just big boards),Prior & StepChild Ranquet. I heard great things about the StepChild board, but then again I heard it from the designer.
    e
    I meant to say I've ridden only 2 of the 3 swallowtail versions that I have.
    e

Thanks guys

Thanks for your advice. After reading lots of reviews and opions I think I am going with the Burton Fish. I need something to turn in the tighter trees and I think the ST's are not the right one for that. But that OSIN board for $130 is a steal! Maybe I can talk my GF into a early b-day present and have her pick up that OSIN for the wide open bowls that I might find on a trip somewhere!!

Nitro Saber POW
    Burton Fish
    WinterStick Swallowtail

Thanks,
    YT

Thanks for your advice. After reading lots of reviews and opions I think I am going with the Burton Fish. I need something to turn in the tighter trees and I think the ST's are not the right one for that. But that OSIN board for $130 is a steal! Maybe I can talk my GF into a early b-day present and have her pick up that OSIN for the wide open bowls that I might find on a trip somewhere!!
    You might want to also take a look at the Option Northshore and Pintail. They are similiar to the Fish in design.

I would go for the fish any day.
    On my second one now
    It floats on anything. No leg burn, lands drops and isn't bad on cordroy either