Thread: Costa Rica!

Costa Rica!

tomorrow!

yee haww!!!!!

going down for a mountainboarding event and, of course, to drink cheap beer. Think I can reach .9% bac on $.50 beers?

oh, and I suppose I oughta surf when I'm down there, huh? Anyone been? Have suggestions?

-mht

MTB'ing in the rainforest? Cool... I have no clue on where to surf or what to do while down there, but the .9% BAC sounds like a worthy goal....

Have fun!
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Mrs. T and I went 2 years ago...

I'll shoot you a PM.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

suggestions

hell ya, i'm loaded with suggestions. i forget tho the seasons there and whether it is worthwhile right now. but even if the waves are flat, for sheer beauty, remoteness, and killer tropical rainforest, head down to the tip of the Osa Penninsula. Matapalo is da bomb!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures...

Dial up beware!

<a href="http://rain.prohosting.com/tantrum5/costarica.htm">Costa Rica Feb 2003</a>
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Get outta here!

Now, scoot, you!

Costa Rica?? For reals? There's mountainboarding there? Neato.

I'm so jealous. Lucky devil.

Get plenty dirty, drink plenty beer, and gives those loooooong salty lefts a big smooch for me.

Full report upon your return, por favor.

(Do the guys wear Speedos there, a la Brasil, or is it a civilized country?)

It's quite civilized...

All of the beach bums were sporting baggies from Quiksilver, Billabong, etc. Quite current on US surf fashions and equipment. Channel Islands seems to be the stick of choice for the Tamarindo locals. I think Wingnut from the Endless Summer has a place down there and puts up traveling US/Int'l surfers.
    Tantrum

Drat

Quote Originally Posted by Tantrum
    All of the beach bums were sporting baggies from Quiksilver, Billabong, etc. Quite current on US surf fashions and equipment. Channel Islands seems to be the stick of choice for the Tamarindo locals. I think Wingnut from the Endless Summer has a place down there and puts up traveling US/Int'l surfers.
    I was hoping for some photos of you-know-who wearing a banana sling.

...off to peruse your trip photos...nice diversion on a rainy day.

I said the locals...

don't wear speedos but I am partial to banana hammocks. Search the photos well.
    Tantrum

Ah, I see!

don't wear speedos but I am partial to banana hammocks. Search the photos well.
    Nice beret you're sporting, bro! Your swimsuit is rather modest, though (not to mention hirsute).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It seems my tail...

forms an un-sightly bulge in the BACK of my banana hammock. Now I see why the females keep a safe distance. Maybe I should stuff it down the front?
    Tantrum

It's one thing to be well-hung...

...but to have the equipment to hang well? Upside-down, even? Now that is something.

I wish I had a prehensile tail. Pout.

(Looks like you two had a fab time in CR, btw. Gosh darn gorgeous place.)

Well, we did see some...

well-hung howler monkeys and they weren't shy about showing you the full monty. They reminded me of 3-year-old boys the way they were playing with themselves (or 35-year old men for that matter!). You'd think they just found it!

It's quite an experience to be in the jungle and have a howler monkey scream at you from 20 feet or so. It's even better when you didn't see the bugger to begin with. That will scare you into keeping your eyes open.
    Tantrum

Pura Vida!

TOMORROW??!! Agghh, you lucky bastage... for how long are you going?

As you know, I wish you a rambunctious good ol'time, or better yet, I wish you were here, and I were there!

My friend Sergio (remember him from the Bali photos?) was just there in Nov.Dec., you should check out his report/photos Diario de Costa Rica, it's just beautiful!

I'm supposed to head over there in June to work on a surfer friend's property, bringing some solar panels, but mainly surfing, let me know how it works out for you to rent a surfboard, or whatever, so I know if I should bring one with me (pay shipping, risk transport damage), or if it's more convenient to just rent one there.

Man, I can totally see myself there.... kinda like this!
    Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky

Wave-Maker / Pot-Stirrer

Talking Visiting tips...

You'll like Costa Rica. It's not the best time of the year though. I've been there a few times in the Army on one of their "tropical vacations!!" One place I saw there that I'd really like to get back and really get to visit is La Paz. Didn't get to stay long before... long story. There was some cliff diving events there that we were told to go see by our CR gov'mt official if we were ever there on pleasure type visits. Haven't as yet made it back, but I love the jungle. Spent most of my time in the Army in the jungles of central America, great stuff there. There are some things you should know, though. Not everything you can eat down there is good for you, and some of the water is not really potable... so beware. But the people there are some of the most friendly I've ever met!! Oh, btw, the mosquitoes there can carry off small animals, so once again, be careful.
    Rampage

"Beware the good assumptions in life, the light at the end of the tunnel is probably an oncoming train!!"

That monkey needs a good spanking!

well-hung howler monkeys and they weren't shy about showing you the full monty. They reminded me of 3-year-old boys the way they were playing with themselves (or 35-year old men for that matter!). You'd think they just found it!
    Nothing further, Your Honor.

(Monkeys freak me out. Those lewd howlers are too much!)

Question Soo.....?

How was it?

Did you bring me back a monkey?

oh yeah. I came home.

Costa Rica was awesome! But no, I did not bring you back a monkey, nor did I even see one. Heard one one morning, but that's it. I did, though, see 5 lizards, 10 huge frogs, 20 cows, 15 crocodiles, 72 chickens and about a zillion hookers (being ogled by a billion old american men).

Thanks to George Bush being reelected (and causing the ensuing end of the world that kicked off with the Tsunami), Costa's dry season was started with a flood and rain. Which made the track, which would be the bomb when dry, a big mud pit. Thanks George. It was still a hoot though, and did get to meet some very cool people. A handful of Ticos (Costa Ricans) jumped on a board for the first time and were totally stoked. Only spent a couple hours in the surf and, well, I suck. I blame the small board. Did enjoy staying up really late on a remote black sand beach watching the stars twinkle on the sand.

definately did NOT spend enough time there.

AND I had to come home to a NEW "REAL" job. ick.

-mht

Fotos?

I wanna see! ;)

...and remember, Global Warming is not happening, it's just cow farts.

Seeing the effect on my local sky areas, I'm all down for a Benno-for-Cows fundraiser.
    Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky

With jobs, as with breasts, sometimes "real" can be nice

My "fake" job paid all about 32 cents last year. Leisure time rich, cash poor. Anyway, I hope your new gig treats you like a king, and pays a princely wage.

Quote Originally Posted by mehugtree
    I did, though, see 5 lizards, 10 huge frogs, 20 cows, 15 crocodiles, 72 chickens and about a zillion hookers (being ogled by a billion old american men).
    ...and that was before you even left the frontyard of your home in ATL! har de har har

Glad you had fun in CR. Did you win the mud wrassling comp?

flip floppin

yeah, my job last year(well, last 4 years, really) didn't pay for much, but I had plenty of time to do it.

I think I won the mud wrasslin...what do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Oh, you are a handsome fella!!

-how's the beer down there?

so and so

the beer was fairly cheap. not the .50 as in Brazil, but not too bad. And most of it was pilsner, of course, so no great taste. The good thing about the beer, though, was that usually while drinking one all around you were beautiful women and beautifull scenery, which made it nice.

-mht

Red face Naah, nah, nah-nah-nah-naaaaaaaah

My angel is the centerfold.

Nice belly-button staple.

(Great photo!)