Cool Last week in Tahoe... Pt. 1

I was lucky enough to be up in Tahoe last week when the storms rolled through. Didn't get to ride where I wanted, but still managed a few powder days. First batch of photos...

And this first one is kinday funny. Guess I went a bit bigger and closer than the camera man expected. At least you can see what board I was riding...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Cool Pt. 2 - more photos...

More shots... Mostly from Homewood, some from Alpine... The storms limited our options... Oh, and mow added some from Kirkwood yesterday... Had to steel one more good day before going back to work...

And sorry about the details of the photos... The light was really bad for most of them and depth was hard to capture... This was especially noticeable looking down into a couple of the chutes and cornices pictured towards the end... Oh well...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Drooooollll... Flufffy

Man, that looks awesome, I went riding yesterday, cought a couple of powder pockets docking the line, but for the most part I was wondering whether I was snowboarding, or mountainboarding... coverage was the lowest I've ever seen in WA for opening day in freaking January!!

Our usual opening dates range between Thanksgiving and Christmas, this year even the United Arab Emirates got snow before we did, and WTF is up with Cali? you guys stealing our goodies, give some back!! It ain't fair!!!!
    Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky

Ya, it totally sucks doesn't it??!!?!?!?

This was, however, Baker on Jan 1st...too bad I missed it!

Wow, powder AND blue sky. You guys are the lucky ones... Nice photo... I didn't get a whole lot of fresh tracks, but enjoyed the sloppy seconds, and thirds, and fourths, etc...

I need friends that understand the old saying "There are no friends on powder days". Unfortunately this friend I spent most of my time waiting for is also my current boss. Guess I can't complain... Oh well...

Another important note: The garage is a sweet parking spot so you don't have to dig out your car on pow days. However this matters not when your friend lines up their care in front of the garage the night before, so you have to dig their a$$ out before you can hit the slopes... Sneaky *******s...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

still think this is the correct line these lameasses should've taken?

Wave-Maker / Pot-Stirrer
    Good line Canuck... problem is... those lameasses probably aren't hikers. Not everyone will take off there board and go find a good line. I actually like the one just to left of yours, but would have had to rode down at least once to see it. They look so different when you're looking down as compared to when you're looking up it. Actually, I'd have been so overwhelmed by the lack of trees, I would have probably rode every line I could find there! I've gots to start traveling, my mountain is nice, but always packed. Sucks!
    Rampage

"Beware the good assumptions in life, the light at the end of the tunnel is probably an oncoming train!!"

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Great shots man! Snow looks nice!

You guys got hammered indeed. We're starting to get a bit of it in CO, but it'll probably be all gone by the time the weekend comes around.

Bunda's got a few shots from our trips so far, but hasn't posted yet. I stopped taking my camera up because I've got a bigger, better camera that I don't want to risk having issues with getting it wet.

You guys have another storm coming through as well, right? I'm jealous!

T

weather here today so totally sucks!!!!
    what the fruck is going on...

snowboarder mtbiker coder mikeG's Avatar

Thumbs up shaweeeet!

Nice pics man. What camera do you use? I have a Cannon D300 but would be afraid of getting it wet/smashed.

I have an Olympus Stylus 410. It's weather resistent, not totaly proof. Anyway, the shots are pretty random in white balance, etc.. The conditions weren't exactly the best for taking shots. A shame, because there was a lot more I wanted to take pictures of, but between the fog, flat light, and near blizzard conditions it was tough...

It's all good though.... Got a taste of it captured at least...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

I think we are about to steel some more of your snow.... Report is calling for 3-5 feet more above 5000ft, and even bigger totals up high this weekend. Hope I can actually find an open road to get me somewhere on Saturday... That's my only option... I might get shut out though, as there will be some good winds going with this system as well... Supposed to keep snowing 'til mid next week at least...

Crazy stuff...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

It worked!!

same pic a day later!!!!

"Howzit Brah"

Calling NK...

That chute pic looks familiar! Is that the same one we hit last year at Alpine? Hey, whats your plans for this weekend and the following week? Just wanted to let you know that I'll be off from 1/15-23. If those dates work then drop me a line at Richard.Gaughen@dcss.ca.gov

RichE