Rounding the edges

I think my board is nearing its end and I think i'm gonna use it strictly as a jib/park board. I'd like to round the edges for catch free boardslides, how is this done? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexK
    I think my board is nearing its end and I think i'm gonna use it strictly as a jib/park board. I'd like to round the edges for catch free boardslides, how is this done? Thanks.
    I'd advise only detuning in betwen your bindings as you will still need some good edge to get you to the park, around the mountain, etc. First lightly use a flat mill file to round off the edges. Do this using just a few strokes of the file at a 45 degree angle in the direction that the edge runs. Now use a gummy stone to deburr what you have just filed. A common mistake for people first learning to detune is to take too much edge off. It should be slight and remember that it's a lot easier to take steel off than to put it back on
    MARK

one more

Ok, that all makes sense but I have one more question. You say not to take too much edge off. Are you saying I shouldn't actually file the edge into a rounded surface?

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by MARK
    I'd advise only detuning in betwen your bindings as you will still need some good edge to get you to the park, around the mountain, etc. First lightly use a flat mill file to round off the edges. Do this using just a few strokes of the file at a 45 degree angle in the direction that the edge runs. Now use a gummy stone to deburr what you have just filed. A common mistake for people first learning to detune is to take too much edge off. It should be slight and remember that it's a lot easier to take steel off than to put it back on