Thread: board size

legend

board size

hi all i'm looking at a new board this year, maybe the Ride Yukon, is there much difference between that and the Timeless, the only thing i can see is its a bit wider ( i've got size 12.5 boots) than the timeless. What other boards can anyone reccomend for the bigger footed rider, have been riding for about 3 years, and seem to be able to go anywhere without to much trouble.

cheers frog

Quote Originally Posted by frog
    hi all i'm looking at a new board this year, maybe the Ride Yukon, is there much difference between that and the Timeless, the only thing i can see is its a bit wider ( i've got size 12.5 boots) than the timeless. What other boards can anyone reccomend for the bigger footed rider, have been riding for about 3 years, and seem to be able to go anywhere without to much trouble.

cheers frog
    Yes, the Yukon is a wider version of the Timeless. A good freeride board that's on the stiffer side. Your other option is to go with more of a mid-wide board for better edge to edge quickness and add Palmer Power Links under your bindings. This set up would work well, as long as it's not on a board like the Timeless as it has a step cap construction and thus the Powerlink wings could not be brought out all the way to the board's sidewalls.
    MARK

legend
    I'm using Drake MTX bindings that have the ramps at the toe & heal, they seem to work well, i have been riding a Ride Mountain 168, with no trouble for the past couple of years. i was looking at the Yukon, as ride seem to think its as good as the Timeless only a bit wider??? Also the new 04/05 Yukon has some very cool graphics, its all black top with a thunder cloud and lightning bolt coming out of it.(not that that really matters). cheers