Hybrid View

about board patterns tho

thx for answers guys. but
    i have k2 board and insert patten is 2x4 on tail and 2x3 on nose. so how do i center my stance??

Well...

Quote Originally Posted by yoon3606
    i have k2 board and insert patten is 2x4 on tail and 2x3 on nose. so how do i center my stance??
    Some boards will show a small mark among the inserts with the reference "centered" location. I'm guessing this is not the case with your board otherwise you wouldn't be asking...

The old school way to figure out the true center of the effective edge of your board is to put it on it's side, perpendicular to the floor. The board edge will be contacting the floor in two places. Mark those spots on your board. In theory, to check your work, lay your board base flat on the floor and it will contact the floor in the same two spots. If you see a big difference here, you may want to base your measurments off these contact points instead as you board is a bit funky.. For carving and the likes, I prefer to center based on edge rather the base contact points. For beginners, they would do better to center their stance based on base contact points... In most cases though, they should be damn near the same if not exact... When they differ by much, the ride quality suffers...

Anyway, find the half way point between these spots on your board. Center your stance over that. If you like a 22" stance, go 11" forward and 11" back of this point and find the inserts that match the closest... This will give you a true centered stance. For most freeriding, you will want to offset this back 1" towards the tail.. So go 10.5" forward, and 11.5" back of your center. On a big powder day, go back another inch or two...

Hope this help some... If not, well, you get what you paid for...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Quote Originally Posted by yoon3606
    I have a K2 Ambush that has that bolt pattern. For most days I use the front four bolts for the front binding and the middle four bolts for the back binding. For days when there's over 8" or so of new snow I'll move the bolts back and use the back four bolts for both front and back bindings. K2 usually puts a star like indentation on their boards for where they recomend you place your bindings. Start there and make adjustments.

Even more simple...

K2 uses the first four inserts closest to the nose as the center mark on a 2x3 pattern. This is generally indicated with a marking(often a star) in the middle.
    MARK