Neomaxi Zoomdweebie Reverend SC's Avatar

Bruised knee, ego

Saturday at Donner was going to be perfect. Hard pack, kinda crusty, the kind of conditions that keeps the riff-raff in the lodge until things loosen up. Me? I love it, ice is nice, great board response, edges edging, all your gear you paid so much money for is paying off. I take the first run down to loosen up, all is well. A-OK.

I rolled up to the lift, waited for only one chair, coasted to the loading area, stepped off and....

...before I knew it, I was getting up from a quick fall. The loading zone was pure ice, with a tiny dusting of sugar. My boot never got any kind of traction. I slammed my knee hard, right on the patella. On the ride up, I got that queasy-injured feeling, I know I was a little pale. I unloaded at the halfway spot, gimped aside, strapped in and cruised down. It didn't really hurt to board, but if I barely touched it, OUCH! That's gonna leave a mark...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

This pic doesn't quite do it justice, the greenish-yellow extends halfway down the shin.

I really wanted to tell you guys I got it falling off the peak of a 15 foot rainbow, but I couldn't lie. Lift line.

On the plus side, I got "her-on-top" that night! Hey, I'm injured, lol!
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

A classic post in more ways than one
    MARK

Ouch...

A little lovin' should do the trick.

Can't see much of the bruise from the picture. You need to photoshop it if you want some serious sympathy. Maybe you could put some of the golf shoe spikes on your boots to keep the slippage to a minimum.

Next time out you'll be good as new.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

you just never learn do you?

do i have to dig up my post to you about ice from LAST season? and now this. what is it gonna take, compound fractures? tsk tsk...

;)

btw, i did the same thing last weekend, sans bruise.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Damn, I feel your pain...

I was riding powder late in December when my nose dived into a rut which threw me over the handlebars and completely tweaked my left knee. I thought I did major damage as it took me 5 minutes to recoup. Managed to get down the hill, but the pain was pretty bad.

Now it’s almost two months later and I still feel the effects of the injury. I can't get my HMO to perform x-rays or MRI's to save my life. I have been doing strength exercises and have now been able to run for exercise. I think I'm OK, but who knows what lies beneath. Just take care of yourself and don't rush back too soon.

Ross

Just don't getcha one of these . . .

Do any of you guys wear knee braces or pads?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

ouch!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Firecracker
    Just don't getcha one of these . . .

Do any of you guys wear knee braces or pads?

I suppose that cut into the "leg model" career for awhile! It's been 16 years since a knee operation for me, and I'd like to keep it that way!!!
    Sounds like you are recovered mostyl though.

It's all fun and games...

...until I miss a day...

I thought this was a cool bruise, doesn't hurt to walk, looks neat, etc.

But I still can't kneel at all. Any direct pressure on the area sends me through the roof! And when I board with my wife, there's a lot of kneeling to wait for her (less now than before, but still). And if I should happen to fall....

So I'm staying home this weekend. ARGH! Now it's pissing me off...

Oh well, got Amped 2 for the Xbox last week, so at least I'll still be "boarding".

...or would that be "bored"ing...

Suck it up man!

J/k... if were to be an epic powder day, that'd be one thing. But for a light dusting on variable conditions, not worth the effort if you have something to loose. Of course I'll be riding Sat and Sunday, but I'm physically healthy at least...

I still like telling people how went boarding for two solid days 2 days after they put a screw in my shoulder last winter. Not bright, but it was 2-4 feet of real pow... I mean, come on, can't pass that up.
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Quote Originally Posted by beez
    I suppose that cut into the "leg model" career for awhile! It's been 16 years since a knee operation for me, and I'd like to keep it that way!!!
    Sounds like you are recovered mostyl though.
    Well I recovered from THAT one, then got myself another one. Less bruising after surgery, WAY cooler scar. Different leg. Kind of recovered from that one--it was only 4 months ago. I boarded on it on 2/13 (talk about tempting fate--Friday the 13th, 800 miles away from home AND staying in a hotel with 3 walls of solid mirrors) and it did ok.

What kind of knee operation? ACL recon or just an arthoscopic clean-up?