I have to work tomorrow :(

Today I got to work & my boss calls to beg me to work tomorrow. So now I'll be stuck in the pharmacy. If Noknees or Tantrum sees this let me know if you'll be out for dinner or something. Maybe we can meet up in Truckee. Let me know. I emailed Tantrum with my digits.

--jerel

Didn't get your message 'til later, but you didn't miss anything. We bailed early afternoon as the conditions there were getting a it slushy, and well, it was Boreal and we were pretty much done... I had to run back down to the Bay Area for a party that night, and the rest of the folks went their way.

Next time we'll have to hook up though. Are you around between Christmas and New Years? We'll be hanging in the Truckee area that week and riding the north shore resorts. Maybe dinner or drinks some time? I'll shoot you an email...

As for the day riding at Boreal, the company was good, the conditions were okay.. Met up with Tantrum, ReverandSC and his wife. Conditions were very spring-like with crusty cord groomers in the morning, softening as the day went on, to spring slush in the afternoon.

We went over to the lesser traveled backside (actually just side/side) and cruised over there. There was a lot of untracked, but that was for a reason. The area has a lot of sun exposure, and seems to have gone through at least one real good melt/freeze cycle. I hopped off the groomed track for a second only to find perfect ice. Tantrum took a similar sample of the goods with the same results. We didn't even leave a track on the pretty icy surface. By around 1pm it had softened up enough for us to go back to it and leave some tracks. Interesting riding corn in early December..

So, the day was spent flying down the groomers, takin a little air off the rollers, and washing out heelside turns due to binding/boot setup. At least that's the excuse I'm using...

Ended the day with a beer, and parted ways... A good time was had by all... More or less... Sure beats a day at work...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Bummer...

I'm sorry PJ but I didn't get your e-mail until this AM and I didn't take my computer.

I left Thursday night to 24"+ over the prior 2 days at my local hills and arrived to 60 degree weather in Reno and 50 degree weather at Heavenly and Boreal. On Friday I met up with elex and his roomamtes at Heavenly. The weather was partly sunny and warm. Heavenly had received some good snow up until Wednesday night I believe but the warm weather instantly changed the powder into crusty Sierra cement. Elex et al showed me the local's sweet spots for most of the morning and it was fun. We found some nice stashes of decent snow. The terrain is much different in CO in terms of tree runs and chutes. The tree runs in CO aren't as nicely spaced as Heavenly and they are littered with stumps and rocks. Also, the chutes in CO are not lift accessable like Heavenly so you're hiking to get to the steeps. The vaiable conditions made for some nice falls. About 1:30 elex et al left to take care of domestic chores and I stayed to get my money's worth.

Saturday NoKees and I met up with RevSC and his wife for some jibbing at Boreal. NoKees pretty much sums up the day's riding conditions. NK and I stayed until about 2 then I bought the first round as promised. Nk had a long drive back to SJ and I left for the tropical paradise of Reno.

The riding could have been better but it was a blast to meet the crew. As always, if your travels take you out to CO, just hollar and I'll reciprocate with some local's knowledge.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.