SpaceCowboyGangsterofLove

o.k., who likes FLOW bindings?

So there I was standing in the local SportsAuthority the other day, checking out the snow goodies, when I happened across some FLOW bindings.

As always my overwhelming laziness demands not only ease of use, but comfort, which has made me a step-in kinda guy since day 1 (that and the shite short runs here in the East make the frequent bending over to tinker with straps a bore).

Anywhoo, I played with the FLOW bindings and they actualy look pretty simple to get in and out of, so it's a potential replacement for my ageing SWITCH setup.

I remember many o' the crew sporting the FLOWS, but I also remember somebody's binding going to poop on the hill (me no like that). Who was it (A.C., Sue, Canaria), dang if I can remember.

So what's the poop on the FLOWs eh?

AXE camara!

chuckie

E's the man on this subject, but I have no problem with them, other than price...

Being a big dog with poor technique, I need the higher end ones that cost a bit more but don't flex as much. So, I don't use any right now for primary use. Have an older pair as a backup.. They are comfy though. Set them up right, and you'll get the best combo of comfort and performance out there. But your boots may make a difference in the big picture. Test them out first before you buy.

As for breakage, AC was the guy who used to break some of the older bindings. But if you ever saw him land a jump in the park (you'd be in rare company) you'd understand what was going on here. You should know, as "It's not about the landings"... Anyway, I haven't seen or heard these issues lately.
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

SpaceCowboyGangsterofLove

it's most definitely "not about the landings"...

Good memory there, yes I do think it was A.C., and as to why, yer right there too.

You have a good point there that's beginning to disuade me again, and that's the whole going through the variations in boot shizz again. Yeah, if I can demo em' then maybe I'll buy, but I have an awful time with boots.

chuckie

Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees
    E's the man on this subject, but I have no problem with them, other than price...

Being a big dog with poor technique, I need the higher end ones that cost a bit more but don't flex as much. So, I don't use any right now for primary use. Have an older pair as a backup.. They are comfy though. Set them up right, and you'll get the best combo of comfort and performance out there. But your boots may make a difference in the big picture. Test them out first before you buy.

As for breakage, AC was the guy who used to break some of the older bindings. But if you ever saw him land a jump in the park (you'd be in rare company) you'd understand what was going on here. You should know, as "It's not about the landings"... Anyway, I haven't seen or heard these issues lately.

Chuckster!!

What's up? Well, having met you, I would say that Flow is right down your alley, I thought they were quite comfortable, easy to get in and out, and responsive during the couple of seasons I used them. I still keep up as back up bindings, and may even dust them off this season, the only reason I went back to regular strap was the weight difference, but I think that may have been tinkered with in the current models, but I don't know.

If what's throwing you off is the boot hassle, I hear your pain, it took me nearly a decade to find a decent replacement, as I am not into the stiff fit thing, I like them comfy like ol'sneakers. Having said that, if you are ready to retire your Switch system, you will need new boots regardless, so may as well do it well, and build from the boot out. That should give you the answer as to what system you should get.

BTW, Got e-mail from SueChick: Hugs to all the "usual suspects" - mehug, No Knees, shannon, canuck, chuckie, caribbean Ian, pinky jerel, Stine, tantrum, Mark, et al.
    Also word from Mr. Caribbean, who may be going snowboarding to France this season, and who is finally now editing some video we filmed last winter in Whistler. ;)
    Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky

Full report...

After next weekend when I try out my new Flows at Tahoe.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

What AC had is from along time ago. He broke an insert in the hiback. I would look at anything Amp & higher. They are easy to use & comfy. Weight will be an issue to everybody till we retool everything. The weight isn't a real problem since they are attached to your feet. But this is something that needs & will be improved on. Still a lot lighter, easier to use & more comfy than Cinches.
    e

You know I'm a Flow dealer right? Anyway, you boarding this season or what?
    MARK

I have a set of flows and have been using them for a couple of seasons now. No real problems with them. Reasonably comfortable, in and out is easy.

The only problem I did have is when I fell in Chamonix and was sliding down on my back - backwards head down, and one of the cams caught on something and the binding opened.

Apart from that 1 fall, I have had no problems.

My only suggestion is that they put some type of lock on the cam to prevent it from opening.

Other than that, I like em, and like you, I was Switch before going Flow.

Caribbean Ian

Watched a guy slide down Dave's Run (Mammoth) this weekend head first, belly down. Then his board flew up in the air, landed and slid a few feet, hit a bump, up in the air again and landed in the snow straight up. The guy kept sliding. His FLOW bindings broke and he hiked down. I've never seen anything like that! Will post a picture later.

I use Flow FL-11's and love them. Took a bit to get them set where I like them but not that big of a deal and I think they've tweaked the binding so you don't have to take it off the board to adjust the cable anymore (though I'm not certain of that).

Bill