Talking My off-season update!

I know I haven't posted in months, so long even that most of you may not even remember me. I haven't forgotten about all of you though! When I haven't been swamped with term papers, I've been checking out a few other message boards, but nothing could ever compare to SBR and that's the truth. I really need to stop lurking because nobody likes a lurker. Anyway, I thought I'd make a little pic post to show you how I spent my summer while still getting my shred fix in and see how you all have been doing.

At the begining of June we started to get a little desperate and decided to build a box.

After the box was finished, someone tossed around the idea that instead of waiting for next winter, we should hit it this summer. We made the call to the local ice rink and they said it wouldn't be a problem for us to come pick up the snow from the Zamboni.

We unloaded the truck and made a nice little trail in the yard.

Who needs snow for the landing? A watered down tarp will do...

Boardsliding the box donned in shorts, Chuckie style.

Tailpress sometime in August.

We had 4 or 5 seperate sessions on the pink box, some more successful than others but once Fall hit things got serious. Our buddy Dave welds and over the summer he made some pretty rediculous rails. These were from the Halloween Havoc c-box session at Daves yard.

The week following the Halloween Havoc session we rounded up a U-Haul, and 3 pick up trucks and filled them with snow. I don't have any pictures of the madness, but conditions were packed granular with a base depth of 6-12", operating with 2 rails and 1 jump. It was about 70 degrees out that day, but the snow lasted well into the night. I couldn't explain, even if I tried, what it was like seeing the convoy of trucks leaking water down the highway that morning. The lengths some of us will go to ride snow. Now that the mountains are beginning to open up, I've logged in 6 days on the hill and can't imagine how I survived all summer by riding ice rink shavings. Make me jealous and show me some powder shots, because all we've got so far is that manmade junk.
    -Ryan

F*@#ing Brilliant

Woke up this morning and everything outside my window was white...

ready...

set...

go!

Snow is finally falling in our mountains, yay!
    Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky

That's pretty sweet Ryan... Not too many folks can say they improved on their rail riding abilities over a snow-less summer... Looks like way too much fun...

Hope you are enjoying the real snow now as well..... The season is rolling....
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

"Howzit Brah"

Talking Wishing I was your next door neighbor.....

Hey Ryan,

Talk about rail skilzzz.. nice tail press....Can I come over and play! Your front yard rules...... Any 270 on to 270 off.....

Not to mention, looks like a nice neighborhood...

Quote Originally Posted by Ric-N-NorCal
    Hey Ryan,

Talk about rail skilzzz.. nice tail press....Can I come over and play! Your front yard rules...... Any 270 on to 270 off.....
    Check that sweet house in the background!

...I think Reon's shenanigans lowered the neighborhood property values a good 10%, though.
    ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Ric-N-NorCal
    Hey Ryan,

Haha, thanks man. If you ever find yourself in Jersey over the summer we'll bring out the pink box for you (no pun intended ). If you can see in the one picture, the kicker onto the pink box was way too sketchy to spin off. The c-box did see quite a few impressive combos, I just wasn't the one doing them, haha.
    -Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees
    That's pretty sweet Ryan... Not too many folks can say they improved on their rail riding abilities over a snow-less summer... Looks like way too much fun...

Hope you are enjoying the real snow now as well..... The season is rolling....
    Thanks Greg! I'm still waiting for that "real snow" to arrive, hehe.
    -Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by LazyL
    Check that sweet house in the background!

...I think Reon's shenanigans lowered the neighborhood property values a good 10%, though.
    ;)
    Lol, I don't think the neighbors were too keen on the U-Haul and miscellaneous pick up trucks rolling into the yard. It's not like we were being loud or anything.
    -Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by CanariaChick
    Woke up this morning and everything outside my window was white...

ready...

set...

go!

Snow is finally falling in our mountains, yay!
    Lucky! Now post some pictures to make me jealous.
    -Ryan

Didn't you surf as well?

Quote Originally Posted by REON
    Lucky! Now post some pictures to make me jealous.
    Ok, no snow yet, but this is the best I can provide that may make you jealous <a href="http://canaria.blogspot.com"> Now you know what I did this summer </a>
    Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky

Hey Ryan...

Glad to see you back on the board.

How about some pictures of Silverton Ski Area in SW CO. 60" in the last week with 38" yesterday.

Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Good to hear from you Ryan. My only quesion is why weren't you using a mountainboard?
    MARK

Thanks Tantrum and Canaria, I'm officially jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by MARK
    Good to hear from you Ryan. My only quesion is why weren't you using a mountainboard?
    I really need to take some pics of me on your old Razor. Mountainboarding, along with surfing definitely helped pass some long summer days. Here's an old picture so that you don't think I'm a total kook.
    -Ryan

Dayum...

Quote Originally Posted by Tantrum
    How about some pictures of Silverton Ski Area in SW CO. 60" in the last week with 38" yesterday.

Why the #ell you coming to Tahoe when you have that a little drive away? Nice... Quite nice.... For some reason I wouldn't mind breaking trail through that.... It'd be work, but how nice would the pay be?

That settles it... Road trip to Silverton has gotta happen sooner than later for me... Need to get the wife up to speed in powdery steeps first though. No way she'd let me near that stuff if she isn't enjoying some of it as well...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Wohah!

That does it! I'm emigrating! I think I'll suffer going back into the closet for THAT!!!

aaaaaaaaauuuuuuggggghhh!!!!!!!!
    ( We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing ~Shaw )

Have a look at my
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wow!

That is some of the best pic editing I have ever seen ...j/k
    MARK

It's sad but...

Silverton is about 360 miles and 7 hours+ driving from Denver in the Winter. It's also a "guide" only resort with limited daily access for $99. However, it has some of the steepest North American terrain. In fact, it boasts that it has terrain that rivals Valdez in steeps and technical.

Wolf Creek is also in the area with the same amount of snow and resort-type terrain. So make your plans to get there with your wife. While you're there, rent a 5 bedroom place so all of your "friends" can stop by.

Wolf Creek

Summit Base Depth : 66 inches
    Last 24 Hours :
    Last 48 Hours : 5 inches
    Last 72 Hours : 19 inches
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

If that isn't passion, I don't know what is. The effort as well as the pics are impressive. I have ghetto 7' tall 1/4pipe in my backyard(now covered in snow). I had to do some creative snow farming as well,but it was just from the shaded areas in my yard. Nothing like what you had to do. Good sh!t !
    e

Very cool! Thanks!

rad!

man, that is some dedication! I love that green rail, it looks like a blast!

here's what I've been up to in my backyard:
    the first pic is the first jump, the second, you guessed it, the second jump. Off to the side is a little hip that sucks. In the background are a couple of desks that were set up for boardslides and grinds. The last pic is of our high tech dirt packer. And in the background of that, you can see the roll-in off of the box trailer. The is going to roll into a big kicker. Someday.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wave-Maker / Pot-Stirrer

Thumbs up American Enginuity at it's finest.

I love that last pic!! BTW, I did spell that word correctly... it means: half engineering half ingenuity!! Keep up the fine work!!
    Rampage

"Beware the good assumptions in life, the light at the end of the tunnel is probably an oncoming train!!"

Awesome pictures MHT. You must pick up some crazy speed off that roll in!
    -Ryan

Brazilian Whipping Boy

You're my hero dude!

Good to see things are well and you've still got the jones man.

Hopefully the real thing will start coming your way out East soon!

T

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Very nice man!

I need to rig up some stuff in my backyard, but my dirtpacker is nowhere near as good as yours.

T

nice!

hey reon,
    i'm glad to see you're still around and using your powers for good (and not evil). good luck w/finals, etc. and hopefully you'll get some snow out there soon, if not at the resorts, then in your backyard!
    nicki