Knonees ST @ the wood?

Did you bust the bad boy out this weekend? If so,which one. I rode Heavenly on sunday, good times. I was trying to hunt down rock & trees. My board found quite a few. Not to bad. It was sad taking a brand new board into those conditions. The snow was great & deep, but there are still rocks just under the pow. The -10 to -20 windchill took it's toll. The fog on top didn't lift till I was ready to leave. I wish I could've hit the wood, but I have to leave on friday & I'm not sure if I'll have a weekend open for the rest of the month. Let us know what it was like.
    e

MONDAY NOVEMBER 29, 2004 , 5:30AM
    MT. BAKER WILL BE IN VERY LIMITED OPERATION TODAY OUT OF HEATHER MEADOWS BASE AREA FROM 9:00 TO 3:30.

TODAY WE WILL BE OPERATING CHAIR 1 FOR ADVANCED SKIERS AND SNOWBOARDERS ONLY, WITH JUST AUSTIN AND NORTH FACE OPEN. THE CHUTE, PAN FACE AND ALL RUNS OFF THE CHAIR 6 SIDE WILL BE CLOSED.

WE WILL ALSO BE RUNNING THE BEGINNER CHAIR 2 AND HEATHER ROPE TOW. JUST THE GALENA SIDE OF CHAIR 3 WITH MITZI'S RUN WILL BE OPEN - BOARDER AND COOKS TOUR ON THAT SIDE OF CHAIR 3 WILL BE CLOSED. ...AND THATS ALL FOR NOW.

OUR RENTAL SHOP AND INSTRUCTION PROGRAMS WILL BE AVAILABLE AND THE HEATHER MEADOWS LODGE WILL BE IN FULL SERVICE. LIFT TICKETS WILL BE REDUCED TO $20 AND WE RECOMMEND BRINGING THE CAMERA AND OLDER GEAR, BUT LEAVING YOUR NEW BOARDS AT HOME UNTIL WE GET BETTER COVERAGE.

I recommend a comfy couch, cold beer and TB's Greatest Hits on the TV.
    out

Wanted to bust out the ST, but was too lazy.... It was pretty skied up and they didn't get as much of the good stuff as a lot of places did. Alpine claimed 20-30"... Musta been nice... I hit a couple 2 foot drifts here and there, but it was pretty slim pickings and rough riding going from sastrugi, wind buff, then deep powder... Made for a couple head plants... Good stuff...

And yah, not sure the exact wind chill, but the high for Kirkwood valley was no more than mid teens on Sunday... Constant breeze with extreme winds over the ridges...

And yah, coverage is still kinda iffy. I ended up going down a few more chutes that I'm used to hitting at mid season. I think I'll hold off on that kinda behaviour for a while, as I ended up spooking myself a bit. Too many mandatory air into 'no-turn' zones. Even at mid season form I don't handle that well..

More snow coming in the next week though... Holes should be filling up... Hopefully it'll be in good shape for Tantrum's visit.. Not only if I could get some time away to go ride then... Still working on it... Next few weeks are bad for me as well..
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

.. Tantrum is all about dropping off big cornices into narrow no turn zones....

Yep, that's me!...

Quote Originally Posted by canuck
    .. Tantrum is all about dropping off big cornices into narrow no turn zones....
    Just point me downhill and watch me go.

Now who's the fool?! Well, I still am a fool but it looks like real winter snow will be had for my visit.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Don't anger the Rain Gods!

Shhhhh!...

Don't you jinx me also.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Road pow pow all day yesterday. Nothing like winds at night to blow the snow into the trees. It was well over a foot & untracked. Thanks in part to not all the lifts are open, the majority of the riders are tourists or park rats. Got to drop my first drops of the season, which is pretty sketchy in low snow conditions.
    e

Sweet... I knew there were going to be some goods to be had a few days after the dump. Glad to hear you got some.. Of the snow at least...

As for drops this time of year, I hear ya. Definitely a bit sketchy when you don't know how deep that fluff is under you... Good times though...

Looking at my calendar I'm not sure when I'm going to make it to the snow next. Might be as bad as not until after Christmas... sigh... sad times...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Uh oh...

Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees
    Looking at my calendar I'm not sure when I'm going to make it to the snow next. Might be as bad as not until after Christmas... sigh... sad times...
    Not looking good for the 10th?
    Tantrum

I'm still working on it, but work is really getting in the way. Might be able to pull it off, and then go into work on Sat and or Sun... Last major application release is scheduled to go in that weekend, with some critical work being done leading up to it. Basically a support nightmare, and I'm the support manager.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted on it... Should know for sure by the 9th.. Hopefully sooner so you can plan accordingly... Good times, good times...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

No worries...

If you can make it great if not, then I'll survive. I need to work on e and AC as well.
    Tantrum

Yah, good luck with those flakEs... ;)

Anyway, I'm still working on it if only for my own sanity... I'll need a break....
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees
    Yah, good luck with those flakEs... ;)

Anyway, I'm still working on it if only for my own sanity... I'll need a break....
    My schedule is a little messed up also. I fly back(into the US) on the night of the 9th. Then take off again on Sunday. I might be able to do something on the 10th. Where is you people riding.
    flakE

Check your PMs.
    Tantrum

Quote Originally Posted by Tantrum
    Check your PMs.
    Cool,didn't know I had a PM. What I really need is an adminstrative assistant, do they have those on this site also? I say there is a 90% of me riding the heave that day & 74.8% chance of fun.
    heavE

No way...

Quote Originally Posted by elex
    74.8% chance of fun.
    It's always 100% fun when you ride with me. Just ask Canuck. And Victoria Jealouse.
    Tantrum

I'll ask Victoria over breakfast. We got snow forcasted this week. So we should have powder for your pleasure. Where are you staying at? I might have some room at my house, depends on how many women are staying here.
    e

Gee, and I thought VJ saw you half naked in a parking garage and just walked on by like you weren't there? Oh wait, maybe that was my dream... ;)
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

That's just a nasty rumour started by...

Canuck. He's quite jealous of me and VJ.
    Tantrum

Canuck. He's quite jealous of me and VJ.
    I got to pull my pants down for Gretchen Bleir. We were comparing knee braces, glad I was sporting boxers,without Bugs Bunny on them.
    e

Yeah, but were your skivies...

clean?
    Tantrum

clean?
    Sort of...they were turned inside out.
    skidE