Thread: vans boa

Hybrid View

vans boa

also posted this on passion, but wondering what people think of this system.
    Looks sweet?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck
    also posted this on passion, but wondering what people think of this system.
    Looks sweet?
    I don't dig it because it seems like the top gets tight enough, but not the bottom half. There should be two separate dials, one for top and one for bottom. It is also a slower process time wise than standard laces. I know others that feel the same way.
    MARK

Hmmm... I like the two dial idea... Definitely need a way to control the tension specifically in the upper and lower areas independently. A lock out of some sort between the two would do this job as well.

Time wise I didn't see any issue. First thing in the morning it might take a hair longer, but it makes it easier/quicker to adjust tightness when taking breaks, etc...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees
    Hmmm... I like the two dial idea... Definitely need a way to control the tension specifically in the upper and lower areas independently. A lock out of some sort between the two would do this job as well.

Time wise I didn't see any issue. First thing in the morning it might take a hair longer, but it makes it easier/quicker to adjust tightness when taking breaks, etc...
    I agree with Noknees,when all is said & done,it's much faster. I normally have to relace my boots a few times during the day,this means taking my foot out of the binder & lifting my pant leg up. This is always with my front foot & doesn't matter which company makes the boot it's the same thing. Generally speaking most people don't want the boot tight around the top of the foot, it's from the ankle up.
    e