Hybrid View

Question Has anyone heard of Gabriel and/or Nolie bindings?

Hi,
    I found a small board shop that carries a line of bindings called Gabriel and Nolie. They look identical to one another except for color and they are by far the best quality bindings that I have found for the price ($110.00 Can.). The strange thing is, I haven't been able to find any info on either brand. Today I was in large sports chain store and I saw a pair of Technine bindings and I noticed that they have the same ratchets as the Gabriel and Nolie's, even the little rubber TT logo.
    Anyone know if these are the same company?

Quote Originally Posted by ratboy
    Hi,
    I found a small board shop that carries a line of bindings called Gabriel and Nolie. They look identical to one another except for color and they are by far the best quality bindings that I have found for the price ($110.00 Can.). The strange thing is, I haven't been able to find any info on either brand. Today I was in large sports chain store and I saw a pair of Technine bindings and I noticed that they have the same ratchets as the Gabriel and Nolie's, even the little rubber TT logo.
    Anyone know if these are the same company?
    I would assume a company had bindings made at the same factory & then bought the ratchets,straps,etc from Technine. What they do is use the tooling that Technine owns & then they pay Technine for each piece. You can make a great pair of bindings for $15 but the tooling can cost $300k to $500k. So, it's wise to use someone else tooling.