Hybrid View

Weight range for new board - HELP!

Hi all,

I need some help with a new board purchase. I'm looking at a board with a recommended weight range of 135-185. I'm below the max recommended weight by 5 pounds. Would it be okay for me to get the board or should I consider a longer board? The reason I want this specific board length is so I can play around in the park.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by FreeClimb
    Hi all,

I need some help with a new board purchase. I'm looking at a board with a recommended weight range of 135-185. I'm below the max recommended weight by 5 pounds. Would it be okay for me to get the board or should I consider a longer board? The reason I want this specific board length is so I can play around in the park.

Depends on the board and the type of snow you will also be riding outside of the park. What board is it(model/length)? Where do you ride? What is your boot size?
    MARK

Quote Originally Posted by FreeClimb
    Hi all,

With all your gear on you will probably be at least 5 lbs heavier. Regardless, I don't have much faith in a lot of companies weight ranges for boards, flew ratings for boots etc. If that is your only concern I would get it as long as it's the right width and length.