Need help finding new board

I just checked out this forum and realy liked the information I saw. I was hoping to get some advise on what type/size board would work well for my needs.

I am 6 foot 2 inches, weigh 175 pounds and have size 11 boots. I have been boarding about 5 years all on the same board, a 158 Limited. I have enjoyed the board and been able to take it all over the mountain with no big problems other than in powder. The nose drops easily and I sink quickly. I am thinking that a longer board might help this situation. I was thinking in the range of 163-4 or so. I live in Southern California and mainly ride local mountains, with at least one trip a year up to Mammoth. Also I will be spending a week boarding in Chlie next summer, hoping for lots of fluffy dry powder!!! I am looking for a board that will take me all over the mountain, through powder, let me carve, and perform at high speeds. I will be using my short board for the park or when snow is not optimal.

So far I have considered the following boards.

Burton Canyon 168 Custom 163
    Arbor Aframe 166 Element 162
    Ride Timeless 164

I have mixed feelings about wide boards. I have heard they make edge-to-edge transitioning difficult. Not sure how much truth to this there is.

Any thoughts on these boards or others that might be good?

Stay away from a wide specific with only an 11 boot, too slow edge to edge. Go with what is commonly referred to as a mid-wide, such as a Timeless or slightly wider. Try to stick within a waist range of 25.4 minimum to 25.9 maximum, depending on the sidecut. Pretty much every company offers a board like this that would meet your needs. I'd check out some of the new Palmers as well since they are now a little bit wider than in previous years.
    MARK

Thanks for the Info

Quote Originally Posted by MARK
    Stay away from a wide specific with only an 11 boot, too slow edge to edge. Go with what is commonly referred to as a mid-wide, such as a Timeless or slightly wider. Try to stick within a waist range of 25.4 minimum to 25.9 maximum, depending on the sidecut. Pretty much every company offers a board like this that would meet your needs. I'd check out some of the new Palmers as well since they are now a little bit wider than in previous years.
    Thanks I will keep the waist range in mind when I go shopping. I was also wondering about board length and what would work well with someone my height/wheight. Would something in the 164 or 169 range be good, or would I even notice much difference in the 5cm.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillgar
    Thanks I will keep the waist range in mind when I go shopping. I was also wondering about board length and what would work well with someone my height/wheight. Would something in the 164 or 169 range be good, or would I even notice much difference in the 5cm.
    There's lots of good boards for people your size. Check out the Burton Triumph, Option Free Plus, K2 Ambush, Recon Riser, Legend. My buddy with size 12's can ride my 164 Ambush thats 25.4 wide because of the risers.
    Yes you will notice the difference between a 164 or 169. If you ride more hardpack go shorter, if you're lucky enough to hit a lot of pow days go longer.
    I agree with Mark, you do not need a super wide board, something in the high 25's will work perfect for you.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SMR
    There's lots of good boards for people your size. Check out the Burton Triumph, Option Free Plus, K2 Ambush, Recon Riser, Legend. My buddy with size 12's can ride my 164 Ambush thats 25.4 wide because of the risers.
    Yes you will notice the difference between a 164 or 169. If you ride more hardpack go shorter, if you're lucky enough to hit a lot of pow days go longer.
    I agree with Mark, you do not need a super wide board, something in the high 25's will work perfect for you.
    Thanks guys, this information really helps.