Tahoe 12/12-12/19 North or South

If there are any locals that read this, my questions are two in number: # 1= It may be too soon to predict but for the above stated week, where will the best conditions be?
    # 2 = Is Heavenly worth the $. It's the only place I haven't tried. Thanks

I personally love Heavenly. It's a big mountain. I usually stick to 1 side or the other. I don't try to go from Cal. side to Nev. side. That being said, I think you should stick to North shore because of the number of resorts up there.

I'll pretty much echo that..... Heavenly has a lot of good stuff to offer. It's a pain switching from side to side (Cali vs Nevada) due to the layout, but you really don't need to. The Nevada side is more of a free-ride side with some sweet steeps and trees, Cali is a little mellower but has the park and other stuff as well..

If you are spendng 7 days up there, I'd suggest finding a place to stay in North Shore. You can still drive over and do a day or two at Heavenly, but then you have all the different north shore places to hit.

As for conditions, yah, too early to tell. Heavenly doesn't get quite as much snow as some of the other places around the lake, but they do okay. If the storms have been warm, you're better off elswhere. If they've been cold, Heavenly will be great..

Having said that, Tahoe is off to a good start this year. Everywhere has a 2-3 1/2 foot solid base, and the temps have been cool with light snow falling on and off over the next couple days, and some forecast for next week. So you should at least have coverage anywhere you want to go....
    Greg
    "NoKnees"