tantrum -whistler

remember that hike we did, you know the one where you were at the top before I was half way up? Well, that terrain is called Flute:

Flute Bowl - an inbounds backcountry experience.
    Visitors to Whistler Blackcomb can now venture into the backcountry without leaving the ski area boundary.

Flute Bowl starts in the alpine with deep snow and rolling bowls and transitions into gladed sub-alpine terrain.

The area features 700 new inbounds acres, wide-open spaces, fewer people, and natural snow conditions.

These vast expanses of rolling terrain and steep, powder drenched ridges are a high alpine variety pack.

Kiss the pow goodbye!!

D'oh!...

That was a good hike. What you didn't see was me sweating like a pig trying to make you flatlander look slow and out-of-shape!;) I remember the hike out was pretty long also. Will they make some connector-type runs to get you back onto the main mountain? If not, that'll go a long way to keeping the riff-raff out.

BTW, I'm starting a new study and I'm looking at the BC Cancer Centre in Van and/or in Kelowna. I may get up there during the season. I'm keeping my finders crossed! I'm also looking at Portland and Seattle so I may get more days of riding in outside of CO!
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

sweet! keep me posted, I can do Seattle also!