snowboarder mtbiker coder mikeG's Avatar

Question Tahoe Backcountry?

Just bought a new board ... the recent nor cal rain is getting me stoked for this year's season. Might be a good one. Wondering if anyone has the low-down on good Tahoe Backcountry runs. I've ridden Loveland Pass and Berthoud Pass in Colorado and Togwotee Pass near Jackson Hole in WY. Anything like that around Tahoe ... somewhere where you can hitch a ride for backcountry laps?

Mike... Nice to see another local on board... I'm down in Menlo Park, riding Tahoe in the winters...

Anyway, not sure about too many places to run laps, as I haven't done that in the Tahoe area myself. There are a lot of relatively accessable backcountry spots that are sweet, but they do require you to "earn your turns" with a bit of hiking.

A place to check would be 'couloirmag.com'. Good discussion group there, and a good core group of splitboarders that specialize in the backcountry fun...

I hope to get out into the woods a bit more this year, but we'll see. I keep saying that and still end up at the resorts more often than not. Oh well...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"