Magne traction? triple base technology???

I was wondering what's up with all the new inventions invading the snowboard market at the moment. I just saw a board with an edge that was bent like an indonesian style knife and I have been spotting Bataleon ads about a triple base technology in the euro mags.
    Has anyone here tried one of these boards, tested them or know something more?

I am baffled. The triple base I kinda get (Though I'd have to test in when boarding with major speed..looks rickety) But the libtech cutting edge just looks weird!

Info, anyone?

Lib technologies' magne traction

bataleon's 3D base
    ( We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing ~Shaw )

Have a look at my
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Can't argue with the hockey skate analogy...

If it works as described, it sounds pretty good. It'll turn the worst hard pack into a nice carving run. A limited run of 500 should also boost the interest.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

No one has ridden it yet

Ovre on the Burton message board, a search for "magne traction'resulted in a couple of threads, but no one seems to have ridden it yet. I am amazed that, if Lib thinks it is so good, why there aren't rider reports up on their site? Lib tech pro's who rock the boards?

I can't help but think about nasty classic edge catches.......remeber those?

When someone has tried these boards, I'd love to hear what they think of it though. (Hint for anyone who will try them in the future)
    ( We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing ~Shaw )

Have a look at my
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Terrible thought...

With the edges like "serrated knife blades" what happens when you accidently ride over someone? I've taken a few edges to my body from newbies and friends alike. What a nasty wound if it really hits you hard.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

I've seen both in person.
    I rode with one of the mervin riders up at Hood when he was trying it out. He didn't really have anything to say,but he was riding softer snow. The magne traction is to aid in ice, shouldn't hurt in the softer stuff. I think it's interesting,but Mervin is pretty good about bullshi!!ing about their product.

Heard good reports about the triple base,but it was from the manufacturer. I'm curious about the delayed reaction, how would the board would carve since it's cutting into the snow at different angles. I worked with alot of beveled & base angles(not as extreme). The thing I noticed is that it would drift like a mother when going straight,since the center of the board is a pivot point.

Unless your Burton, it's difficult to come out with new technology. I've heard good things Inca which has multiple cambers on the board. Heard good things,they've been doing it for along time. Still they don't sell a whole lot,course the graphics & prices are horrible,which doesn't help.

Neomaxi Zoomdweebie Reverend SC's Avatar
    Yeah, but snowboards are being designed to ride on snow, not people

The one I'm interested in (and maybE E could shEd somE light) is the one with the angles built in under the bindings, so your feet and ankles don't bow out. Kind of like wedges at the insets under the topsheet. Seems like that would be a lot more comfortable and controllable than with your feet flat, prolly better on the knees too. If E doesn't have any info, I can dig through my last year's Transworlds, it was in there....
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Maybe if you go back about seven or eight years worth of Transworlds, it might be in there...or at least, I remember from my hardboot racing days (Yepp, granny speaks: 1994) that I used to have canting plates under my bindings. To get them knees locked together nice an' tight. (You know, I was afraid of Canuckies accidentally roaming the pistes..but never mind..) It sounds as if that is roughly the same idea that you are talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend SC
    Yeah, but snowboards are being designed to ride on snow, not people

The one I'm interested in (and maybE E could shEd somE light) is the one with the angles built in under the bindings, so your feet and ankles don't bow out. Kind of like wedges at the insets under the topsheet. Seems like that would be a lot more comfortable and controllable than with your feet flat, prolly better on the knees too. If E doesn't have any info, I can dig through my last year's Transworlds, it was in there....

Have a look at my

Neomaxi Zoomdweebie Reverend SC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldcat
    Maybe if you go back about seven or eight years worth of Transworlds, it might be in there...or at least, I remember from my hardboot racing days (Yepp, granny speaks: 1994) that I used to have canting plates under my bindings. To get them knees locked together nice an' tight. (You know, I was afraid of Canuckies accidentally roaming the pistes..but never mind..) It sounds as if that is roughly the same idea that you are talking about?
    Yup, but I just found it from last year. Louis Fornier (or some such spelling) is hoping to get some in production in "04/05" according to the article, and the board shown in the write up is not a racing board. I'll try to scan it and post the pic....
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Well, most of the good plate bindings these days have all the canting stuff built into them. For strap users, just pickup Catex's strap binding and you're in business. I'd rather not have it built into my board as its very specific to an individual's preference...

For most of my riding I'm doing fine without any canting, but that's just me I guess..
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend SC
    Yup, but I just found it from last year. Louis Fornier (or some such spelling) is hoping to get some in production in "04/05" according to the article, and the board shown in the write up is not a racing board. I'll try to scan it and post the pic....
    Louis sent me one of his boards this past spring. It does work, but not so well on the front foot. A lot of hard booters use mostly rear cants. The idea is to rock you back a little naturally,Craig Kelly style. But I tend to drive my front leg forward, so I wasn't a fan of the front cant. The board did ride nice though,ugliest thing you've ever seen. Yellow top with green base.
    nastE