Hey, Dave E.!
I just returned home from an enjoyable day with my better half on Valentine's Day ;) and discovered I had won the auction on that most famous auction website for a NIB w/warranty Abel Super 8. Now the barn is full! Well, at least from 3 through 10 weight, that is. Now, if I can just remember how to make those braided loops you showed me while I was out West! Let's see - you said to use acetone, I believe, for taking the outer coating of the fly line off to expose the core for this purpose. Where can that be most easily obtained? Would a drug store carry it? Where can the braided line be obtained to construct the loops? Would you care to pontificate a bit on this subject for me to refresh my failing memory? I'm a bit unsure which size of the braided line I should use for my lines - I need to put loops on six, seven, eight and nine weight lines that I have recently obtained. Also, did I understand you to say it would be best to replace the factory loops on the Rio Versa-Tips with braided loops? Man, I hate that I can't remember this stuff! Many thanks in advance for your patience with an old forgetful doddering fool .........