wakeskating is neat.

it is!

only been out a couple of times this year...but twice within the last 4 days, and I'm stoked! I miss that stoked feeling.

here's my trying a shovit... haven't landed em yet...but soon!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Supreme Allied Commander

neato

Quote Originally Posted by mehugtree
    it is!

only been out a couple of times this year...but twice within the last 4 days, and I'm stoked! I miss that stoked feeling.

here's my trying a shovit... haven't landed em yet...but soon!
    I haven't tried it - but it looks freakin' hard man. That's dope that you're already trying some tricks with it. buena suerte
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    nifty place to waste some time...and money)

Watch The Daily Show

Awesome MHT!

Wakesk8in' looks like fun, but I got a q? for you, how do you launch in the water? are you able to start, like when you wear bindings?

In Seattle it's too cold to be practicing any water sports at the moment... So, I've just been ridin' my bike and rock climbing.

Keep the stoke alive!

By the way, are you guys gettin any Ivan leftovers in Georgia?
    Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky

getting it up

ac and ca(naria),

Starting isn't really that hard. Very similar to with bindings. You start out holding the board in front of you (I find an indy grab works nice) and put your front foor in it's general location. Then have the boat tighten you up, so you are being pulled at idle speed behind the boat for a sec. Put your other foot on and the resistance of the water against the board holds it in place.. Now get up just like on a wakeboard!

I've actually had people who haven't wakeboarded do a wakeskate first. I like it better than boarding cuz, well, i'm a puss. It's harder to take big slams on a board when you can jump off.

I really have been stoked on it. Usually after a run or two boarding, I'm whooped... but the other day I didn't want to stop! Love that feeling.

-bdz