Went boarding last friday

I went for an indoor stint for the first time in one and a half year (yes, you read right, I haven't set foot on my board for a full 18 months....) and boy, was I jonesing for it!!

Apart from rocking new pants that I scored in the sale this summer (I figured rips in your pants' butt area are not cool anymore since 1988) I bought myself some brandspankin' new Burton mission bindings, with capstraps.
    The bindings I had were the first customs ever to go on the market, (1995 or 6?) had lost what rigidness they had, sported three different straps and gave me a little bit of heellift. As did all my bindings until now.

Not anymore.
    I had red heels afterwards, from the heelcup digging into them. And boy, was I STUCK to that board or what! No heellift whatsoever!
    The capstrap is, I find, really nice. My little toe is very thankful for it. It feels like you have no toestrap at all, but still you are rocksteady in your binding. I'm very glad with these bindings. (Next stop: new boots... anyone of you interested in buying a painting?? )

Too bad I was about as stiff as the board I was riding.

The riding felt good, but I lacked the fluidity I've come to expect from myself. Now, I am ridden with musle ache.. I guess I have to do this far more often to keep this older body into shape!
    But I can still do a good method. Glad that one has become almost instinctual.

Oh man.......now I am jonesing for it even worse .........
    ( We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing ~Shaw )

Have a look at my
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new board

Apart from new boots, I could also use a new board. How about this one as a birthday present:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ( We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing ~Shaw )

Have a look at my
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You Rock

Girl, you crack me up! Your gear tribulations remind me so much of my own! LOL!
    I can't believe we haven't gone boarding together yet, our riding styles' strike some similarities, visualize this... wouldn't we look awesome bustin syncronized methods off some powdery hip in the Italian Alps? ;)

And I MUST say, your board design totally moved me, so intense and so beautiful... is valhalla pressin' this design of yours? They should. And you should get one, as a bonus pay.

Have a blast in Barcelona!
    Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky

We will ride together, I'm sure. And I'm sure our synchronized methods will be just f* awesome.

And yes, Valhalla will be pressing this board (next to two other designs) though the placing of the logo will be different, and yes, I will be getting one. I took care to buy black bindings as I want them to fit the design (And that will be the first time in my life my bindings colour are actually bought for the design of the board they'd end up on..)

Have a look at my

That would be a cool sticker. I want one but man just a quality sticker of the art would be cool.

Reminds me of a happier Trevor Brown artwork.

Thanks!

I'm not sure if he's converting them to stickers, but he is pressing shirts with this design. Both this drawing with the valhalla logo as the same drawing with the anti cancer sign in the heart, to be sold at benefit concerts he's hosting to fight leukemia. Which is super cool too.
    When all is printed and pressed, the designs will appear on his website. Will ping this board when that is.

Quote Originally Posted by jibnot
    That would be a cool sticker. I want one but man just a quality sticker of the art would be cool.

Reminds me of a happier Trevor Brown artwork.

Have a look at my