Thread: Yaaaawwnnn...

Yaaaawwnnn...

What's up?!! Just got back from spending 3 mind blowing months in the Canary Islands... awww the memories! Today, first day at work Seattle hasn't changed all that much, same job, same home, same crappy weather, all and all, same ol' bs. Jesus, I'm already dreaming of leaving again!

Got hundreds of pictures and stories to share, I'll do it this weekend from home. I thought I would post from the islands and whatnot, but disconnecting turned out to be too much fun to pass. How ya'll spent the summer?

Lurv,
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky

Zzzz...

Has it been three months already?! Wow! Seems like it was just yesterday (well, last week) that I was pumping canuck in person (hey, now!) for insider info (uhhh) on your sweet self. For the record, he was uncharacteristically modest. Pfft! Yawwwn! ;)

So...you sportin' a savage tan?

Let's see lots and lots of photos from your visit to the homeland...soon. Based on the photo you attached, cars sure are small back home. Guess the menfolk compensate in other ways?

Welcome back.

Snooooze

Quote Originally Posted by LazyL
    Has it been three months already?!
    Tell me about it... I was just as shocked when the day came. Although I must say, that it was so packed with adventures, laughter and fantastic company, that I got enough memories to last a lifetime... it rocked! We sailed, hiked through forests that date back to the Terciary period (before the last glaciation!), surfed daily (I even worked for a couple of weeks as a surf instructor with the Municipal Surf school!), rock climbed, slept in volcanic caves, and under the stars (the 5 million star hotel). Spent quality time with my beloved family, and laughed non-stop with old and new friends... It was without a doubt the best summer ever, and now I know that I didn't have a romanticized version of home in my head, but reality sincerely surpassed all my expectations. Now I grin, rocking a savage tan, and blondie locks

P.S. Don't you just love Canuck? We gotta shake his love boat!
    Canaria

Welcome back...

I can't say I had as good a summer as you. Isn't it nice when reality lives up to your memories of something in the past? Now it's time to stop thinking of sun, surf and sand and concentrate on snow, riding, and hot tubs!
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Blondie!

That's you in the car? Foxxxxxxxxy! Sounds like based on your trip report, blondes really do have more fun.

Five-million-star hotel. That is a great expression.

Are you back at your old jobby-job?

When are you coming to visit? I have a nice bottle of wine sitting around that canuck left behind... I know you don't drink, but I can have my cute friend Rachel over, and you can watch. She thought canuck was cute. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by CanariaChick
    What's up?!! Just got back from spending 3 mind blowing months in the Canary Islands... awww the memories! Today, first day at work Seattle hasn't changed all that much, same job, same home, same crappy weather, all and all, same ol' bs. Jesus, I'm already dreaming of leaving again!

Got hundreds of pictures and stories to share, I'll do it this weekend from home. I thought I would post from the islands and whatnot, but disconnecting turned out to be too much fun to pass. How ya'll spent the summer?

Lurv,
    Welcome back! Glad you had a great summer.AC has a new vid out & it's very good. NoKnees got married now that gay marriage is ok.I spent most of the summer at Hood. Now I live in my car,Motel 6 is the best. Look forward to hearing about the summer. Hope to make it to Seattle sometime.
    Later,
    e

YAY!!

Welcome back baby!!

The leaves are changing colour, the nights are getting cooler...

Glad you had such a great Summer, and looking forward to riding with you soon!! Maybe we should retry the snowcat thingy??

Peas

Red face But Canuck IS cute

C'mon, we gotta hook him up with your friend Rachel, let me tell you, it's a real shame that a super-nice guy like him, ain't gotten any for like... ooops! let's not shatter the mystique.

I don't know if I'll be heading to California anytime soon, interested in Costa Rica maybe? I'm craving surfing like crazy, and I can't imagine having to wait 2 more months before I can even begin to think of snowboarding... and what 2 months! Maybe Canuck will invite us to sail around Canuckistan while we wait for the tidal wave to pass... ;)
    Canaria

Aha! Mi Chica!

Welcome back, beauty!

Geez, what did you experience in your past live that you now get to make up for? Sounds like a f**g awesome summer!! Can't wait to see the pics!

Nothing special to mention over here, just thet we'll be off to Barcelona coming saturday.
    ( We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing ~Shaw )

Have a look at my
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Welcome back! But at the same time, I'm sorry you are back too. I know how much you wanted to make the trip back to the islands a bit more long term. In due time I'm sure though.

Sounds like you had an awesome time at least. Definitely need to store up the good times while you can, as we all know how hard they can come by when you need them the most.

At least you are in time for the snow to start, right? Okay, maybe another month or two for most of us, but still. Keeping with the happy thoughts theme...

And yah, not much new. Finally got hitched to my beautiful best friend, Tiina. A woman, despite E's gest's otherwise. She's still convinced E's in the closet and just jelouse. Anyway, had a good little wedding and honneymoon in Jamaica... Glad we got there before Ivan rolled by... Definitely not a good time to be in the Carribean right now...

Anyway, welcome back... Time to start sharing more photos of your trip!
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

The earth spins to fast in the summer. I almost got spun off, had to dig my fingers into the ground. Unfortunately the bottoms of my feet got sunburned but the sun is now dimmer and well, since the spinning is subsiding that gravitational phenomenon is becoming more prevalent.

O....................

And I guess this can go out to everybody

BACK

Island Pace

Hellooo everybody, wassup?

Man, I'm totally feeling island withdrawal, got all the symptoms: teary reaction at txt messages from family and friends, a parsimonious approach to getting sh!t done (yeah, I'm still working on loading up the pictures!) and yesterday, I came to work wearing sarong and sandals (and it wasn't even business casual at the law firm)...

It better start snowing soon...
    Canaria

eek. work!

there's got to be a cure for it.

the islands sounded like a blast! must be quite a transition to the (infamous) Seattle gloom.

post more pics!

-mht