Talking Just peeped Perception...

Perception arrived yesterday so I popped it in the DVD player and enjoyed. The main feature was full of great locations and riding. The opening panoramic scene is awesome. Where is that? The backcountry footage was spectacular; lots of fluffy stuff with great hits off of natural terrain. Some of the spills looked painful, especially when you see hats and goggles flying off at speed. Who would have thought that music from Boston would work in a snowboard flick but it did. The extras were good as well. Did I see E shredding up the powder in "Friends?" The main feature is a bit short at ~34 minutes but I was in a great mood at the end.

Thanks AC for this year's video.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Supreme Allied Commander

cool

Glad you got it already - and more importantly, that you dug it. We were fortunate to get in the backcountry a lot more for this vid then with our previous ones. That opeing shot is from atop a ridge line in interiror BC near Golden - and the terrain there is the best I've been in so far...

One of the things we didn't like about Arrival, our previous flick, was that it seemed to drag on a bit. We want to make videos that stay high energy all the way through and have you pumped to go ride at the end. So, with Perception, we decided to really just use the "best of" our footage and cut the movie down (about 10 minutes or so less than Arrival for the main flick) and just have more bonus features than before. I think the total length of Perception, with bonus features, is actually longer than Arrival by a couple of minutes. Last year, we would've included the "friends" section in the main vid, but I think it works better as its own bonus feature - and yah, that is E gettin' some fresh pow out the backcountry gates at Sierra at Tahoe - good snow, good day...

thanks abunch Tantrum - we really appreciate the support, AC
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    nifty place to waste some time...and money)

Watch The Daily Show

Opening shot...

Quote Originally Posted by AC in CA
    That opeing shot is from atop a ridge line in interiror BC near Golden - and the terrain there is the best I've been in so far...
    I had to pause it a few times to drool at some of the high bowls and wicked chutes. Definitely a cool location.

That's interesting that you thought Arrival dragged on as I wouldn't have said that. However, the footage in Perception was definitely high adrenaline and made me want to get out and ride. A job well done AC.

The FTP stickers will make their way onto the lift poles of Summit County.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Received and viewed my copy yesterday as well..

Can safely say, job well done. I think the shorter "main" movie length worked well, with good flow throughout. Definitely fueled my stoke with the increased backcountry footage. And yah, was nice to see the footage you grabbed of E on that Sierra backcountry day. I managed to safely stay clear of the camera that day myself.. Always fun seeing stuff and going, "Hey, I was there that day and road some of that!".

Nice to see some of Mike's stuff turn out for the film as well. Even a nice view of his basement in the "extras". Definitely a good guy...

Anyway, has me looking forward to the season...

Congrats on a job well done. So, you giving it a go at least one more year now, right?
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees
    I managed to safely stay clear of the camera that day myself..
    You didn't want to be a snowboard movie star? That's right, you're newly-wed so the groupies would be too much.;)
    Tantrum

Vid...

Haven't seen it yet, but I personally favor a snowboard vid that's a good 30 min. with lots of extras as you've described AC. I feel that it keeps the viewer interested and leaves them with the perception that they are getting a lot for their $ when there is a good amount of extras. I'll order mine in the next couple days.
    MARK

Supreme Allied Commander

thanky

Thanks all. I'm off to San Diego tomorrow for the ASR show - should be a good time - a lot of video premieres - I'll report back next week....

peas,
    ac
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    nifty place to waste some time...and money)

Watch The Daily Show