Hybrid View

New Stuff - Bindings specifically...

Anyone get their hands on a K2 Cinch yet? I've heard of them starting to show up in shops and was wondering if anyone had fondled these yet...

My random collection of thoughts on these based on looking at them, vs what my experience with standard straps and flows...

Pros
    - Easier in-out than flows, due to tension being taken off upper strap when heal drops
    - allows for tighter fit than flows without readjusting every time due to the above mechanics
    - less time invested in initial setup/comfot due to familiar strap adjustments
    - less expensive than comparable flows

Cons
    - More moving parts to fail

Unkowns
    - weight
    - stiffness
    - durability
    - comfort

Obviously until I can demo these or at least play with them in the store I'll never know the truth... So, anyone else have any 1st hand knowledge to share?

Best price I've seen so far is $179 online... List is $199 I believe... Defintely lower than I would have guessed..
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees
    Anyone get their hands on a K2 Cinch yet? I've heard of them starting to show up in shops and was wondering if anyone had fondled these yet...

My random collection of thoughts on these based on looking at them, vs what my experience with standard straps and flows...

Pros
    - Easier in-out than flows, due to tension being taken off upper strap when heal drops
    - allows for tighter fit than flows without readjusting every time due to the above mechanics
    - less time invested in initial setup/comfot due to familiar strap adjustments
    - less expensive than comparable flows

Cons
    - More moving parts to fail

Unkowns
    - weight
    - stiffness
    - durability
    - comfort

Obviously until I can demo these or at least play with them in the store I'll never know the truth... So, anyone else have any 1st hand knowledge to share?

Best price I've seen so far is $179 online... List is $199 I believe... Defintely lower than I would have guessed..

I have been able to play with them and actually strapped in with me boots on a demo.
    Very easy to get in and out of. The bindings do feel on the heavy side atleast heavier then my Ride Team bidings but not much. Not fond of the straps and rachets at all. They could have done a lot better than this, to me they kind on border on the cheap side considering this is K2s high end binding. Don't know about you but it a pet peeve of my mine I prefer toolless bindings especially the foward lean, on the K2 cinches the forward lead is set with a screw.

Overall it's a great concept, alot of moving parts though. Not sure if K2 has ironed all those things out or not, but they seem to be prone to breakage. Again my biggest complaint is the straps. I will probably give a run sometime this season to see how they perform.