Venice Beach rocks!

thanks so much Lizzie! Had an awesome time and will be moving there soon.

Hard to believe how nice it is there, especially now that I'm back in the grey and gloomy Northwest...

If I knew how to post multiple pics, I would!

PS> a relatively obscure movie star sat 2 rows behind me on plane home..Think her name is Helen Shaver or something, was that series called Poltergeist, or something.
    ya, something. not as cool as our siting of Britney Spears' bodyguard's hummer.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

oh yes, there was a concert too!

and lunch in Malibu... salad nicoise washed down with a margarita, nice!

Well, well, well...

Canuck had a good time in Cali. Good for you! If you move there, you'll have to change you name as most Angelenos don't know what a Canuck is!

You must dish as to what our LL is really like! Sure she puts up a great façade here on the board, but what is she really like?;)
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

I must "dish" must I?

Let's just say as I am struggling to shave Friday am, (nursing a slight overhang), I notice from the corner of my eye a picture of our very own mehug stuck on the side of the mirror!!!!! This didn't make me feel any better...

She's very sweet and drives an Outback...

need more? yes?

well her Outback is a 5 speed....nuff said?

oh, and she has an about 15 foot surfboard standing up in her bathroom...and doesn't like beer....I know I know very sad, but at least she seems to drink anything and everything else you can imagine.

Remids me of a Prince song...

Quote Originally Posted by canuck
    I notice from the corner of my eye a picture of our very own mehug stuck on the side of the mirror!!!!! This didn't make me feel any better...
    Little Red Corvette: "All the pictures of the jockeys there before me." You knew LL was MHT's gal don't sweat it. If anyone should be worried, it's MHT.

Did you get to surf? Beats paddling out in a 5mm wetsuit in the PNW, eh? No mention of the Venice crowd. Obviously, you have seen all of those weirdos before so it wasnt' much of a shock.

Nice photo of the band. Did you see them at Roosterfish?
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantrum
    Little Red Corvette: "All the pictures of the jockeys there before me." You knew LL was MHT's gal don't sweat it. If anyone should be worried, it's MHT.

Did you get to surf? Beats paddling out in a 5mm wetsuit in the PNW, eh? No mention of the Venice crowd. Obviously, you have seen all of those weirdos before so it wasnt' much of a shock.

no surfing, but I will return!! The water was 68F which for me means a wetsuit!!! Not a 5mm perhaps. It's pretty cool to think I could fly down from Vancouver and be surfing after lunch the same day! On the other hand, I would still suck at it.
    There are some interesting peeps hanging around, but nothing too outrageous

It was an outdoor show on the Santa Monica Pier, I was a bit distracted by the "young Bo Derek" standing right behind me.
    Who would've expected a bunch of blond girls to be into hip-hop huh? Ok, maybe you would have.

I like the original name of this place?

Roosterfish! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantrum

Good local reference, there. Sorry, no Roosterfish or other gay bars on this trip, but many fruity drinks were sipped. I think canuck earned enough frequent-flier miles via our bar tabs to fly right back!

canuck is the coolest, sweetest guy ever. I think. My memory is a little hazy.

Hee hee...

My memories of Venice are limited but I do remember a few of the more "colorfull" local hangouts from my college days in LA. Not that I've been in the 'Fish, mind you.
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyL
    canuck is the coolest, sweetest guy ever. I think. My memory is a little hazy.
    Nope you are right. He's a good chap.
    Tantrum