Surgery went well. Wanna see?

Check out my lovely new wrist jewelry.

Looks icky, but I got immediate relief from pain, numbness and tingling. Sure, it's sore, and I'm kinda stiff too, but it's only been a week. I wasn't surprised about all the swelling, but I was about the bruising. My palm is bruised too but you can't tell in this photo. My forearm is even bruised!

I can't wait to have the other one done and get back to biking. Hope I'll be able to board this next winter too, although I will probably have the other wrist done sometime in December when I'm off from school.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Heal quickly...

It's amazing what relief from chronic pain can do for you psychologically. Good luck with the recovery.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

That's purdy... It was nice of them to follow the natural lines in your hand to kinda hide the scar... Kinda... ;)

Glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery... Chronic pain is no good...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Carpal tunnel, my be-hind...

Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees
    That's purdy... It was nice of them to follow the natural lines in your hand to kinda hide the scar... Kinda... ;)

I think Stine got a Spiderman web-slinging implant! Cooooooool.

Stine, very good to hear the op is actually helping. PT LazyL recommends rehabbing that wrist by uncorking a nice bottle of red wine.

Right you are about that!

Quote Originally Posted by Tantrum
    It's amazing what relief from chronic pain can do for you psychologically. Good luck with the recovery.
    I feel like a new woman. The stitches come out tomorrow and that will feel even better!

Thanks

ahhh, that's ok...

Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees

Scars are cool. hehe (I'm a freak)

Fortunately, you can't get CT in your be-hind...

Quote Originally Posted by LazyL
    I think Stine got a Spiderman web-slinging implant! Cooooooool.

Stine, very good to hear the op is actually helping. PT LazyL recommends rehabbing that wrist by uncorking a nice bottle of red wine.
    unless you do a lot of repeatitive motions down there.
    waaaahahaha

Glad to hear that it went well for you Stine. Hope you can hit the slopes this season.
    MARK

Talking um.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stine
    unless you do a lot of repeatitive motions down there.
    waaaahahaha
    You need help with that?
    I mean, I'd hate it if you couldn't get your sleep!

I am happy it worked out well! One more step taken by Stine! kudos! How's school?
    ( We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing ~Shaw )

Have a look at my
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've gotta hand it to you...

...for keeping your finger on the pulse of this thread!

Low-fives all around!

Don't mind me, I'm just giddy with delight at canuck's impending arrival. I hope he likes me!

I've met Canuck a few times so let me give you some advice...

Quote Originally Posted by LazyL
    I hope he likes me!
    It helps if you have a hot colleague with you when you hang out. He likes Italian food, especially served in a trendy restaurant. And, he's a good driver and host.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Coldcat
    You need help with that?
    I mean, I'd hate it if you couldn't get your sleep!

I am happy it worked out well! One more step taken by Stine! kudos! How's school?
    Good thing it doesn't hurt when I laugh!

School is awesome so far! 3.75 grade point average. I just started a class called "GSD". It's going to help me decide what I want to be when I grow up.

I'm going to do my best to try!

Quote Originally Posted by MARK
    Glad to hear that it went well for you Stine. Hope you can hit the slopes this season.
    Just hope I remember HOW! waaahaha I have a feeling those first few minutes (hours?) are going to be a little painfull on the keester.

How is everything with you these days?

Stiner!

Your stitches look bigger than my stitches!

Hope things are well my friend. Sounds like they are?

Whatchu doing for Christmas? Looks like Bunda and I may wind up back in the Midwest. Can't guarantee anything, but....if you're around, and we can "steal" a car...maybe we could meet up and exchange scar stories?

T

All things considered...

Quote Originally Posted by DrBunda
    Your stitches look bigger than my stitches!

Hope things are well my friend. Sounds like they are?

Whatchu doing for Christmas? Looks like Bunda and I may wind up back in the Midwest. Can't guarantee anything, but....if you're around, and we can "steal" a car...maybe we could meet up and exchange scar stories?

T
    I guess I'm doing ok. I would love to meet up with you guys. Keep in touch. Do you still have my correct email address (@core.com)? If not, just put StineMTB before that and you've got it.

Don't know if you remember me…

Quote Originally Posted by Stine
    Check out my lovely new wrist jewelry.

Looks icky, but I got immediate relief from pain, numbness and tingling. Sure, it's sore, and I'm kinda stiff too, but it's only been a week. I wasn't surprised about all the swelling, but I was about the bruising. My palm is bruised too but you can't tell in this photo. My forearm is even bruised!

I can't wait to have the other one done and get back to biking. Hope I'll be able to board this next winter too, although I will probably have the other wrist done sometime in December when I'm off from school.
    I used to post as "AZRider", (someone else using it now).

Good luck with the hands!!! Get some comfortable grips/gloves…
    ( I had some stuff done to my hands, more to go including a CTS procedure, you offered encouragement. kind words, also did the same when my buddy, my kitty, died).

Once the stiches are out, almond oil and Maderma help cut down on the "nasty" look. If you feel any scar tissur forming, aggressively massage it to help break it down, (check with your doctor, first), it helps a lot. Warm water is wonderful, also!

You'll be back before you know it!!!!

CJ (formerly AZRider)
    Way Out West
    Tucson, AZ

Of course I remember you...

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.
    I used to post as "AZRider", (someone else using it now).

Good luck with the hands!!! Get some comfortable grips/gloves…
    ( I had some stuff done to my hands, more to go including a CTS procedure, you offered encouragement. kind words, also did the same when my buddy, my kitty, died).

Once the stiches are out, almond oil and Maderma help cut down on the "nasty" look. If you feel any scar tissur forming, aggressively massage it to help break it down, (check with your doctor, first), it helps a lot. Warm water is wonderful, also!

You'll be back before you know it!!!!

CJ (formerly AZRider)
    Way Out West
    Tucson, AZ
    I remember all my fans ;)

I had a follow up with the doctor today. I can go back to work in 2 weeks. I sure am enjoying the time off. I asked him about masage and he said no. I also got a shot in my thumb for the tendonitis in there (I can't bend my thumb very much anymore.) We'll see if that fixes it. If not, it's only a small surgical proceedure to fix that.

When is your surgery? Are you having the full open surgery like I had or the endoscope thingy? I couldn't have that one because mine was too advanced to fit the instruments in there. There was no room.

Good luck to you and it was good to hear from you.