The surgery is ON!

Finally, I am scheduled for the carpal tunnel surgery for my right hand on Aug. 16th! The left one to follow at some point. I have waited a long time for this. I hope it works! Wish me luck. I might be in here a lot more during my recovery; pecking along with one hand..hehe. I'll be off of work for a minimum of 2 weeks.
    After that I'll just have to work on the newly aquired tendonitis in my thumb. Good grief. At least these are things that are not life threatening and "fixable".

How is everyone? canuck, twinkie, and TBone.... sorry I didn't read your replies until now. Thanks though!

Take care everyone.

Right on!

Quote Originally Posted by Stine
    Finally, I am scheduled for the carpal tunnel surgery for my right hand on Aug. 16th! The left one to follow at some point. I have waited a long time for this. I hope it works! Wish me luck. I might be in here a lot more during my recovery; pecking along with one hand..hehe. I'll be off of work for a minimum of 2 weeks.
    After that I'll just have to work on the newly aquired tendonitis in my thumb. Good grief. At least these are things that are not life threatening and "fixable".

How is everyone? canuck, twinkie, and TBone.... sorry I didn't read your replies until now. Thanks though!

Take care everyone.
    I hope the procedure gets you out of pain, and back into pleasure, ASAP. I hear doing beer-curls is excellent PT.

How's school, btw? Are you taking classes during the summer?

And how about that Obama! Local boy done good, eh?

It nice getting things fixed. I 2nd the beer curls.
    e

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Hey Kiddo!

Having just had my first bout with surgery, I think surgery rocks! ;)

Hope everything goes well. I'm sure it will, and you'll be typing at record speed in no time. Or at least once your PT tells you to really let it go.

T

I'll be wishing you well on the 16th

I'm glad you are able to take care of it. Of course everything will go well, but I agree w/LL - things will probably go even better if you add some beer curls into your PT!

Ah, surgery... Good times.. Remember, RICE is your friend... Or more common these days just CE. Compression and Elevation. Don't discount the elevation thing. It makes a HUGE difference in many areas. Not that I've had that much experience with surgeries or anything...

I hope it goes well for you and you have a nice complication free speedy recovery.
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Am I the only one in the world that...

Quote Originally Posted by LazyL
    I hope the procedure gets you out of pain, and back into pleasure, ASAP. I hear doing beer-curls is excellent PT.

How's school, btw? Are you taking classes during the summer?

And how about that Obama! Local boy done good, eh?

doesn't LIKE beer?? hahahaha
    But, if it would make my recovery faster, I just might down some. ;)

My summer classes will be over Aug 4th. I am trying to go to school year round to speed things up. I have no time to waste. So far, I am a 3.75 grade average student. whoohoo

ya... Obama did do pretty good, eh? I am not really of any particular party, and after watching the Dem. Convention last night, I've got some thinking to do. I kind of like what he said about "women" and "health care" issues. I wish we could kill HMO's about now.
    Or better yet... we need more candidates to choose from.

You must be fairly new here...

Quote Originally Posted by elex
    It nice getting things fixed. I 2nd the beer curls.
    e
    Or have I been away from the board THAT long??
    Well, nice to meet you elex, and thanks for the reply.

T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TBone
    Having just had my first bout with surgery, I think surgery rocks! ;)

Hope everything goes well. I'm sure it will, and you'll be typing at record speed in no time. Or at least once your PT tells you to really let it go.

T

thanks

Thanks twinkie!

Quote Originally Posted by twinkie
    I'm glad you are able to take care of it. Of course everything will go well, but I agree w/LL - things will probably go even better if you add some beer curls into your PT!

ok ok, I'll buy some beer. If I don't drink it, I could still do curls with it.
    ;)

Just a wild guess here but...

Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees
    Ah, surgery... Good times.. Remember, RICE is your friend... Or more common these days just CE. Compression and Elevation. Don't discount the elevation thing. It makes a HUGE difference in many areas. Not that I've had that much experience with surgeries or anything...

I hope it goes well for you and you have a nice complication free speedy recovery.

I'm betting that knee surgery is WAY worse than what I'm having done. While we're on the subject; I'm supposed to have (of all names) a "Bier Block" for the anesthesia. From what I've read about on a google search about it, it sounds kind of uncomfortable (involving a big, fat tourniquet). Did you have that for your surgery?

Good luck Stine...

Hope all goes well for you.
    MARK

You are not alone...

...I don't like beer anymore, either. Used to though. Well, a chianti bottle might do the trick for you.

Kick-booty on the GPA!

I sure wish we could get this health-care sitch improved. I'm now considered "uninsurable" by private policies, for a relatively minor (cost-wise) condition. Pfffft!

For my last surgery I had a similar setup. My last being to repair my ruptured achilles...

The setup was they used a lower nerve blocker for the lower leg where the surgery was. But they didn't want to deal with bleeding during the procedure so they used a tourniquet on the upper leg (similar to your deal). But, because those things hurt when left on for an hour or two, I had an epidural(sp?) to block the pain for that. The epidural deal with blocking the pain for that.

Anyway, all things considered I thought it was a good setup. Felt better during and after the surgery than I have for any of my past sugeries (shoulder, knee).

It'll be fine... enjoy..
    Greg
    "NoKnees"