Thread: NS Titan

NS Titan

Just got Snowboarder Mag's 2004/05 Buyer's Guide. Was planning on getting at least one more year on my Legacy (believe it's an '02...one with the bear grabbing the penguin), but after looking at the Titan I may have to rethink.

NS is only making 650 of them. Supposedly has better technology/design exclusive to NS. Their regular boards are top notch, so I'll buy into the hype.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I love the fat boards for the pow pow...

For those of us without the review, or just plain lazy, what makes the Titan special?

I've always been a fan of NS boards, but have yet to actually buy one...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees
    For those of us without the review, or just plain lazy, what makes the Titan special?

I've always been a fan of NS boards, but have yet to actually buy one...

I quote Never Summer:

"The Titan is the most technically advanced and innovative freeride board we've ever built, using exclusive laminates, base materials, damping system and shape. Only 650 Titans will be built this season and each will be numbered."
    * Micro Lam carbon technology
    * Tri Radial Sidecut
    * TDS Damping System
    * DuraSurf XT sintered 5501 base
    * Polyamide co-ex topsheet
    * STS adavanced pretensioned stringers
    * Dual Torsion box woodcore
    * Full wrap metal edge
    * P-Tex tip & tail protection
    *Suggested Retail Price - $559.00 (Ouch!)

Compared to their description of the Premier, their selling schtick is pretty dead on. Looks like a better base and and a more effective damping system. I'd like to think I'm tech savvy enough to realize that most of the features touted by snowboard companies are hyped up. But I own an NS and have ridden several others, so I'm quite familiar with the performance and quality of their boards. If they say this one is better, I'm willing to believe them.
    I love the fat boards for the pow pow...

I'm wondering how the weight of the board is. The only complain I've ever had about their boards is that they run a bit heavy. I know, this does add to solid feel and ride, but it does slow you down a little in other areas...

Still, it'd be nice to demo... Maybe Santa will bring me one to try out this year.. Doubt it though.. I'd rather fly to Co. and go boarding there for a few days for that price...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Thumbs up It sounds like the NS Decade from a few years ago.

It was a limited edition also. I have the 158 model. It is a little stiffer than the Legacy 159 I had before it. It is a great all around board. It seems faster and has better pop than my Legacy even though its had many more days of use. I doubt you'll be disappointed with the Titan.

Darius

Quote Originally Posted by Kevbeau
    Just got Snowboarder Mag's 2004/05 Buyer's Guide. Was planning on getting at least one more year on my Legacy (believe it's an '02...one with the bear grabbing the penguin), but after looking at the Titan I may have to rethink.

NS is only making 650 of them. Supposedly has better technology/design exclusive to NS. Their regular boards are top notch, so I'll buy into the hype.