another off snow topic

damn funny though!!

Man survives shark attack

SYDNEY, Australia (AP) -- Lifeguards at a beach north of Sydney were stunned when a man walked into their post looking for help with a small shark attached to his leg.

Luke Tresoglavic swam 1,000 feet to shore, walked to his car and drove to the local surf club with the two-foot shark biting his leg and refusing to let go.

"I just realized I had to swim in like that, hanging on to it," Tresoglavic told Australian Broadcasting Corp. radio on Wednesday.

Tresoglavic, 22, was snorkeling on a reef off Caves Beach near Newcastle on Tuesday when a wobbegong, or carpet shark, attacked his leg.

"Once I got on to shore, a couple of people tried to help me, but I could not remove it. It was stuck there, so I got up into my car and then drove to the clubhouse, and luckily the guys down there had a clue what to do," he said.

Lifeguard Michael Jones said he couldn't believe his eyes when Tresoglavic turned up -- shark in tow.

"He basically asked the question: 'Can you help me get it off?' There's nothing in our procedure manual for that type of thing," Jones said.

The lifeguards flushed the shark's gills with fresh water, forcing it to loosen its grip on Tresoglavic's leg -- with blood oozing from 70 needle-like punctures. The shark later died.

Tresoglavic was taken to hospital, but it was not immediately clear what treatment he received.

Wobbegong sharks can grow up to 10 feet in length, possess razor-sharp teeth, and are said to be moody and short-tempered.

Those Aussies are pretty tough...

I wonder if Pecheur know this bloke?
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Carpet sharks

Yeah, I've run afoul of carpet sharks, myself. Got the rugburns to prove it!

Yumyum dinner!

Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky

Damn, Liz you got it going on...

Quote Originally Posted by LazyL
    Yeah, I've run afoul of carpet sharks, myself. Got the rugburns to prove it!
    LMFAO
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.