so, non snowboarding topic

today at 11:30 my time I have to call my Co President to either get a substantial raise, or to be told "see you later" (using another job offer to leverage my current position).

Wish me luck!!

I hear you Ian, good luck. I've been going thorugh this kind of stuff for awhile now on a number of levels. While my situation is now resolved, my fiancee's company has now just raised her salary by 22k(!). She is in Florida for the next three months since her company was bought out by another and, while this latest of raises is due to her previous year's numbers, I'm certain that it is also in part a way to keep her with the company in Florida. We just bought a new house recently and I am doing well, but not nearly as well as she is. The question is whether to move to Florida for the $(which =even more in Florida's ecomony) or to stay(I hate Florida/family, etc.) and have her get a new job which will not pay even close to as well since her line of work can't really be found anywhere else locally. Grr...
    MARK

I'll think of you as I...

gooble my sandwich at lunch. Good luck with the call.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

That's a tough decision MARK...

You'll be farther away from the snow in FL. Stay put!;)
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantrum
    gooble my sandwich at lunch. Good luck with the call.
    would rather not picture you "goobling" your sandwich bro...

Quote Originally Posted by canuck
    would rather not picture you "goobling" your sandwich bro...
    Get your thoughts back on the task at hand.
    Tantrum

Quote Originally Posted by MARK
    I hear you Ian, good luck. I've been going thorugh this kind of stuff for awhile now on a number of levels. While my situation is now resolved, my fiancee's company has now just raised her salary by 22k(!). She is in Florida for the next three months since her company was bought out by another and, while this latest of raises is due to her previous year's numbers, I'm certain that it is also in part a way to keep her with the company in Florida. We just bought a new house recently and I am doing well, but not nearly as well as she is. The question is whether to move to Florida for the $(which =even more in Florida's ecomony) or to stay(I hate Florida/family, etc.) and have her get a new job which will not pay even close to as well since her line of work can't really be found anywhere else locally. Grr...
    agree with Tantrum, if you "hate" Florida" and more importantly maybe, "family", you won't enjoy living there? On the other hand, will your fiancee be happy turning down the position?

Don't leave us dangling...

today at 11:30 my time I have to call my Co President to either get a substantial raise, or to be told "see you later" (using another job offer to leverage my current position).

Wish me luck!!
    I hope it went well? Sounds like you're in the ideal negotiating position.

So??!!

Wish me luck!!
    What happened?? Are you one step closer to sugar-daddy material? Hopefully my obnoxiously loud good luck e-card didn't blow your strategy away by blasting outta your computer speakers during the negotiations...
    Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky

Canaria, you know you've always been able to...

...get a "rise" out of canuck, if not a raise for him.

I finally got a chance to see "Office Space." Oh my Zeus, what a great movie! So funny because it is so true. Anyway, maybe your in-your-face e-card will make canuck seem "cool" to his boss? I imagine his teal and purple tie won't do so. nyuck nyuck nyuck.

Quote Originally Posted by CanariaChick
    What happened?? Are you one step closer to sugar-daddy material? Hopefully my obnoxiously loud good luck e-card didn't blow your strategy away by blasting outta your computer speakers during the negotiations...

sorry, just back from lunch...burp!

They offered me MORE than I asked for, ..nice bit of leveraging huh? Oh, they also are paying for me to join the Royal Vancouver Yacht Club, we will go there for dockside drinks next time you are in town baby!
    (thats worth $25K Canuck bucks!)

ok, so I'm pretty happy today!

I want to go to the Royal Yacht Club...

Do they allow foreigners?

Congratulations. Now you'll be able to get a second Aussie to complete your au pair. Yuk, yuk, yuk.
    Tantrum

you can't wear hats in the bar....so I may not be going much until I buy my sailboat

damn, shoulda leveraged that too!

Ka-Ching!

LOL!! That's too awesome, jet-setting at the Royal Vancouver Yacht Club, now, that's veritable sugar-daddy status! Congratulations!!
    Canaria

As a wise man once said...

..."pour some sugar on me!"

Dang, canuck, smoooove play, there! I'm assuming you'll be staying with your current gig, then? I was hoping it'd go that way for you...smaller companies have a certain charm, and the thought of you having to leave Vancouver was a little off-putting.

So...when can Canaria and I show up with the Cristal (charged to your account) at the hot tub? I'll let you twirl my curls. While I blow Canaria's mind with the best footrub of her life...

3 months procedure to join Club, so, um I'd say mid-July will do?

I'll bring the camera

Yeah, baby, like a true playa

Quote Originally Posted by LazyL
    ..."pour some sugar on me!"

Dang, canuck, smoooove play, there! I'm assuming you'll be staying with your current gig, then? I was hoping it'd go that way for you...smaller companies have a certain charm, and the thought of you having to leave Vancouver was a little off-putting.

So...when can Canaria and I show up with the Cristal (charged to your account) at the hot tub? I'll let you twirl my curls. While I blow Canaria's mind with the best footrub of her life...

Learn from a true master, I don't even need a raise to score with the chicks, just be bad and dangerous, and sh!t

And while on the subject of foxy ladies... where are Bunda, Rebecca, Luna, Lisa, Stine, Mehug, et al? Gotta shoot them an e-mail with directions to the new board, don't wanna lose our chickies!
    Canaria

mehug may look like Elanore Roosevelt, but

Learn from a true master, I don't even need a raise to score with the chicks, just be bad and dangerous, and sh!t

And while on the subject of foxy ladies... where are Bunda, Rebecca, Luna, Lisa, Stine, Mehug, et al? Gotta shoot them an e-mail with directions to the new board, don't wanna lose our chickies!
    I'm not sure he qualifies as a chicky.

thanks for getting my back bro!

I don't post for a couple a months and I get lumped in with the hens. sheesh.

how you doin, bro?

CANUCK!!! you want to adopt a 30-something not-so-hairy ape??? I don't drink much (water).
    ps. almost had my hands on a free sailboat. needed work, yes, but still, free. Now have my eyes on an above ground pool. being a redneck rules.

-mht