so my trip to macedonia was great...

weather was great, family was great, my niece is amazing, and i learned a couple new words. we stayed in a cabin in a beautiful mountain area for a couple of nights - surrounded by songbirds, wild strawberries, and sheep. we saw the local mountain - and it looked like some pretty good riding. sounds like they can get a lot of snow ther ein the winter.

i was amused that i was able to stop people in their tracks when they saw me! and no, it's not b/c of my ravishing beauty but b/c it is rare that you see asians there. i also enjoyed several croation and serbian folk songs at the local "hot spot" - well known for their excellent chicken fingers. the cheese, yogurt, and baklava were more to my liking, though, as was the fresh local produce. de-lish! the communist architecture truly left something to be desired, but at least the city stayed intact after the breakup.

and coldcat - i ended up in your neck of the woods (unexpectedly). my sister and i were in amsterdam for 2 nights b/c macedonian air changed our flight time and basically left us stranded in amsterdam. i am not sure what city you live in, but my sister and i enjoyed our very brief stay. i admit it wasn't your typical visit to amsterdam...i was in bed before the freaking sun set! but in my defense, i don't think it set until after 10pm....oh ok, i am a little old lady trapped in the body of a 29 yr old. that is, until you give me some macedonian wine and skopje-reknowned chicken fingers - things can get pretty crazy after that (i was hung over for the the ENTIRE next day and night).

You shoulda given me a holler!

But then again, you don't have my number, of course.....darn

Yes, the sun sets at about 1030 pm here in june, don't you love it? looooong romantic sunsets......

Good to hear Macedonia was good. Did some good glass-smashing for good luck or don't you remember?
    (And now you know why Alexander the great never came farther then the Indus: too much drunken soldiers every night.....)
    ( We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing ~Shaw )

Have a look at my
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thumbs up Neat-o

Wow, Twinkie. Excellent adventure. How is it that your sib ended up there again?

Love their flag. Mad style!

But the U.S. flag redesign is coming along nicely, too...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sounds like fun...

You'll have to go back and take advantage of your celebrity and the snow.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

the late sun setting was awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Coldcat
    But then again, you don't have my number, of course.....darn

Yes, the sun sets at about 1030 pm here in june, don't you love it? looooong romantic sunsets......

Good to hear Macedonia was good. Did some good glass-smashing for good luck or don't you remember?
    (And now you know why Alexander the great never came farther then the Indus: too much drunken soldiers every night.....)
    on my way home, i realized that our days will gradually be getting shorter....on the plus side that means snow for the enthusiasts!

hehe!

Quote Originally Posted by LazyL
    Wow, Twinkie. Excellent adventure. How is it that your sib ended up there again?

Love their flag. Mad style!

But the U.S. flag redesign is coming along nicely, too...
    funny us flag! the macedonian flag is cool. reminds me of the arizona flag a bit.
    sib is a political analyst in kosovo - he lives in skopje w/his fam. after the fun i had this trip, i am really regretting that i didn't make it out for his wedding. i watched the video, and they danced in a circle for HOURS....the wedding festivities lasted for literally 9 hours!

yup...

Quote Originally Posted by Tantrum
    You'll have to go back and take advantage of your celebrity and the snow.
    last winter, the snow was waist deep at their cabin. It took them 2 hours to dig out the place to turn on the water. yipes!

they probably were staring at you because they thought you were a Mongolian midget.
    (a cute one, but nonetheless)

Apologies to any mongolians or midgets in the house.

well duh!

Quote Originally Posted by canuck
    they probably were staring at you because they thought you were a Mongolian midget.
    (a cute one, but nonetheless)

Apologies to any mongolians or midgets in the house.

how dear of you to refer to me as a cute mongolian midget! but i think the accepted term is cute mongolian little person (arse!) and why apologize to the mongolian little people on the board? am i that offensive ? sheeeesh....tough crowd!

Ignore him.

You know how guys get all dopey around beautiful women.

So, basically, it's your fault for bein' hot.

(I always wanted to be petite, with pretty dark tresses. So, you get to live my fantasy. ;) )