Unhappy Jobs are nice and all..

...but...

My first meeting today starts in half an hour... My last one ends in 11 1/2 hours... This is going to be a fun day... Not... At least if I bail after my last meeting it'll only be 4:00pm... Oh wait, I actually have to do some work today as well.. Oh well..

But hey, it pays the bills...

Time for some coffee..

So, how's your day?
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

It's hard to go from the...

8AM roll out of bed, stay in you PJs routine to meetings all day long, huh? You need to spice up the meetings by playing some practical jokes on your boss. You'll back to the PJs in no time.;)
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

lol.

yeah....i was in my PJs for a really really really long time. Have been back in the work force for almost three months and am not sick of it yet. Im sure that will change in a year or however long it takes, but I still love the fact that I get to see other real adults during the day and not just the retired folks at the grocery store ;).

Plus I get to use my brain! What a concept....

All depends on where you work though. They play a lot of practical jokes here and there arent that many meetings. Everyone is super smart and funny and just cool people to work with. So...all in all things are good.

I AM super duper tired today though. On my second cup of coffee which I dont usually do! Watched Monster last night. Wow.....great flick.

Well, sure it's nice not have to dress up for work, but the 4:30am wakeup to get ready for the 5:00am meeting kinda bites.. Ah well.. On lunch break from meetings now... On 5 1/2 hours after start of first meeting.. Not bad.. At least I get lunch..
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

job

Sipped whisky and read books in the national forest and then woke up around 10am. Was going to go mountain biking but a rare rain is falling. Just arrived at the Boulder public library to take some mind taping tests for some Right Management classes that where part of my severance package, luckily they let me procrastinate for ever and still except me.

When I was laid off I tipped the scale at 167lbs I’m down to 156lbs, that’s like high school mass. Off with the office fat! Things have been fun for the last five months, reminds me of being a freshman in college, lots of new stuff to see and experience.

5 a.m. meetings?!

What the--! Do you work on a farm, or something?

That's a long day, my friend. But it'll put pennies in the piggy bank for the honeymoon.

LOL!!!

Yep, sounds like he's out doing chores at sunrise huh?!

For what I pay consultants...

They should be working 24/7.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

yowzers, 5 AM meetings!

5 AM? that bites! Unless you're driving to Tahoe, that is.

Got into the office today at 9:30 AM, still messing around right now and reading this message board. Meeting at noon, lunch at 1 PM, probably do some shopping before the stores close at 8 PM, and then head home for some dinner, CNN, and preparing for my next lecture. . .

Right Management!! I did work for them in ATL. Spoke with the Director here in the Denver office when I first came out about doing some contract work with them here.

Small World.

Hmmm can I bill 24/7? My contract is fixed price... Oh well... Still pays the bills...

Today is better, didn't have to start 'til 7am...

And JCC, you are right 4-5am is fine when you are gearing up for a powder day in Tahoe... A bit rougher for a conference call with the UK just to hear them complain... (justified complaints though, that's why they brought me in)

Good times...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Glad you're working brutha!

How's the rehab my man?

T

Ah, rehab... Fun stuff.. I should ask you the same....

Of all the surgeries I've had, it's the slowest rehab. Something about two months in a boot and that little word, um, atrophy? I've had a full 4 weeks of rehab now so things are actually pretty good. I can't complain much at least. Most of my range of motion is back, and the strength is starting to get there. I'm walking pretty normal now, at least as normal as ever.. Just trying to get the muscle back, and break up all the nasty scar tissue down there. The layers are kind binding between the skin and tendon still, causing some issue.. It'll break down over time, but it's work..

So, how's the knee doing? Out dancing yet? Still on schedule for a healthy start to the next snowboard season? That's all that really matters... At least for me, for now..
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Good to hear!

Yeah, scar tissue can be some nasty stuff! My buddy's going in for his sixth knee surgery in nine months due to scar tissue, doctor screwing up initially, yadda, yadda, yadda.

I'm doing well. Saw my OS yesterday. He told me to start easing back into all my sports. My operated on leg quad/hamstring circumference is bigger than the non-operated, so I suppose working on my "good leg" now is key. ;) Glad to at least have the freedom to do the things I love.

T

Sweet.. That's good news for ya. Glad to hear your leg bounced back well. Hope mine does the same.

It's a lot of work though, especially when the muscle was aloud to completely atrophy... At least the pt's I'm working with are entertaining enough to keep be coming back. It's funny, the guy I've worked with there is way easier on me than the woman I'm working with. She enjoys living up to the nickname "physical terrorist"... Good times...

Well, get out there and hit a few vballs for me while the sun is still high in the sky... I miss it...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"