Nobody wished me a Happy B-day!

That's okay, no one else really remembered either. Well, that is except for the sales lady that I bought our last car from, but she was two days late so screw her and her attempts to gain more of my business Come to think of it the lady that we bought our house from also sent me a card. I see a pattern developing here. So is it normal to feel a lot older when you turn 30?
    MARK

Talking 40 is the new 30...

Quote Originally Posted by MARK
    So is it normal to feel a lot older when you turn 30?
    ...so that makes you like 24 or something.

Happy, happy birthday!

Time to bust out the spanking machine. (Offer not valid in all jurisdictions. Teenage girls not included. Member FDIC.)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

no, that's not normal

it's a ploy by the entertainment industry to make you believe youre worthless after 29....
    I tend to think 30 is finally growing up for real.

Wait till the big four-o hits...that is supposed to be a real hard one...then again, whenever my granddad looks at a picture of him from 20 years ago (he's now 90) he mumbles: "snotnosed kid. I knew nothing back then" So no, I guess the trepidation never stops.

So Happy birthday Mark! Hope you had a good one!

(And don't mind the board. It was my birthday a week ago, nobody gave a peep. Not even Canuck. Sheesh. So much for true love.
    )
    ( We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing ~Shaw )

Have a look at my
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Happy birthday MARK...

You just get wiser with age. Just think of how much snowboard knowledge you'll have when you are as old as Coldcat's g-pa!
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

happy birthday ya big lug! (what is a lug exactly?)...

30's not so bad, there are worse ones to come!!

;)

GASP! I missed your birthday rebecca?

ah, I''m always missing birthdays it seems...

Hope yours was romantic and full of passion.... so was it??

;)

Happy Birthday MARK!

I think I agree with Coldcat -- i actually loved turning 30 and 31 and will look forward to 32, 35, 40, etc.. I like the knowledge and experience I've gained and how 'comfortable' I feel in who I am etc. and I hear it only gets better. I hear that 40 is when you really get to know who you are and that your 50s are what you were Born to Be. So....for me its almost like I'm looking forward to getting older.

Then i see some 19 year old with no wrinkles or extra weight and wonder what the hell I'm talking about ;).

No....but seriously....i wouldnt trade my age to be in my 20s for anything.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with what you've said. Like I told MARK -- I can't wait to be in my 50s. Actually....70s would rock. Retired, Living Life, Grandkids......what could be better???

Eeeek!

Happy Birthday Mark and Marije!!!! Tonight there will be a "Ladies Night" at my house, kick the hubby out, and enter the girlfriends with Margarita Mix, nail polish, and hot tub session... we'll toast one for each of you. Mark, you would wish you were here, Marije, I wish you were here.

At the end of this year, I too will be departing the careless 20s, and entering the realm of a new decade of life, and you know what? I'm totally excited about it! For one, I have felt very motivated to accomplish a lot of things in the last year because I wanted to reach 30 with change and direction in my life, you know? a purpose. But with all the wisdom we gather through our journey, one key to aging gracefully is to remain young at heart and still do the things that fill you with joy. I know I'm in the right track when my seven year old daughter, at my suggestion of jumping from the shed roof, into the hottub, looks at me seriously and says: "Mom, I don't think that's a good idea"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky

Thanks all. Marina, although I will be at the gig in heart, please post a pic or two of the hot tub session so that I can then have been there in mind as well Now that I am 30 I am attacking life with a vengence it seems, so I fully understand what you are talking about. Here's to getting older
    MARK

where in the world

Quote Originally Posted by LazyL
    ...so that makes you like 24 or something.

Happy, happy birthday!

Time to bust out the spanking machine. (Offer not valid in all jurisdictions. Teenage girls not included. Member FDIC.)

did you find that picture?! is that something from your personal collection...maybe there's a young lazy liz back in her dance team days?? too much!

Happy Birthday to you both!!

Hope you both had a good one!

Neomaxi Zoomdweebie Reverend SC's Avatar
    I blame the board. I can't find the page with everyone's b-day. I found it a couple months ago in time for Ripz, but when I checked last week, I couldn't find it again.

Er, maybe it was a short between the keyboard and the chair....

Anyway, happy happy!

30 is no biggie. Age doesn't (or shouldn't) make you feel old. All my clothes are shrinking, now THAT'S making me feel old, lol!
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Lexis-Nexis search: "Twinkie+spunky+spanking+team"

Quote Originally Posted by twinkie
    did you find that picture?! is that something from your personal collection...maybe there's a young lazy liz back in her dance team days?? too much!
    Google image search for "spanking machine," silly goose.

Good grief!!!

.. she'll have her hands full with you as a mom, that's guaranteed...but...
    SEVEN??? Somehow, the age of three stuck in my mind.. (a great affront to her, I know..) am I around on this board that long?? sheesh... that's the only thing I do not like about getting older: time accelerates. A day seemed like a year back then, now a year seems a day!
    ( We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing ~Shaw )

Have a look at my
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

it's true, mine'll be turning 4 in a few weeks!

Ha, gotcha beat...

my oldest will be turning six this month and the youngest just turned three. I'm an old man.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

pretty amazing when you consider I can remember when your second was born!!

sheesh

I know...

the oldest just finished Kindergarten and will be going into first grade! The youngest will start Montessori this next year. All of my babies are leaving the nest! Well, not really, but it's now on to the next phase of our lives.
    Tantrum

what next phase? You planning to take up needlepoint?

my girl is taking her sailing lessons as we speak, never to young to become a Yacht Club brat I figure...

Not needle point...

crochet. The next phase is the one where the kids start to leave the house. I was being sarcastic but I guess it didn't come through in the message. Maybe I needed the sarcastic emoticon.
    Tantrum

Kids and Time

My daughter is most certainly the starkest reminder in my life of the passage of time, I still remember as a kid the passage of each day seemed never ending, now the weeks go by, and I'm caught by surprise... imagine what it will be like when it gets to 50!

Awesome boat Canuck, and specially awesome that Jordan is taking sailing lessons already, that is so cute! In a couple of years Noah will get started, and voila! you got a full crew for your boat. Good planning!
    Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky