Thread: cd swap update

cd swap update

so what's happening?? Everybody have theirs in the mail already???

I have all my tracks picked just need to get to a burning...so I'll be a wee bit late getting them to LL....

Neomaxi Zoomdweebie Reverend SC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck
    so what's happening?? Everybody have theirs in the mail already???

I have all my tracks picked just need to get to a burning...so I'll be a wee bit late getting them to LL....
    Mine are going out today.

Is DrBunda in the swap this year?
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I'm just now burning them as well... Good times..

Gimpy
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

hey, so I just picked up a disc by Richard Dorfmeister called "A difference drummer selection...."

you heard it?

Nope, haven't heard that one yet. First impressions? You like?
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

ya, I like but don't buy it quite yet. I'll throw a couple of tracks on my disc...

lots of dub style stuff but still with the heavy K&D base line..

I just sent the envelope out today, a bit late.
    Note: my CD was supposed to have a couple videos on it and a word pad thing for the song list. The master copy works excellent but the whole heap of disks does not work this way. A CD player recognizes the songs and plays em fine but a computer reads the disk as empty? Anyway, Liz look for the master disk in the shipment, it is your copy.

Mine went out yesterday via FedEx

So, LL, let me know if you have received them by now. BTW, did you get my voicemail?
    Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky

caboose.

I had a few issues with mine. first something was funky with the recording, then had some car issues which threw my schedule off....

but now!...

now...

they are done. going out first thing tomorrow. or second thing.

-mht

The rock is rolling in!

First through the gate: Reverend SC's CD.

Timely, too, as this evening I'm holding a private memorial service/Irish wake for the recently departed, dearly beloved Murray the Furr (see photo, below). Born: 2/14/85 - Died: 5/31/04 (Murr-Morial Day). I'm not really a cat person, but Murr is inextricably linked to snowboarding for me; her owner got me into the sport, and I've had to babysit her senile cat butt many a day while he was on the road chasing freshies. Rest in peace, Murray. (She will be interred in an expensive and surreal-cool pet cemetery outside Palm Springs.)

So, the Reverend's irreverent drinking tunes are perfect for the occasion.

Second up: CanariaChick's happy-feet CD. This one goes in the CD player next.

Eagerly awaiting the rest.

For you cabooses and and other ass-draggers, the new deadline is June 9th.

Rock on till the salmon spawn,
    LL

(Photo: Murray and groupies, back in her rock star days.)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Awww, I love Calicos...

I have two myself. RIP Murray.

BTW, how'd the chick cat get a dude cat's name? Or is that OK in the feline world?
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Have fun in heaven Murray! I've heard there's mice whenever you want one, and warm beds in sunspots everywhere.....
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Awww... Say howdy to my long since departed kitty General White Socks when ya get there... Or just say howdy "Gen Gen" as I used to refer to her... Enjoy the kitty happy place..

As for the CD's, I just finally sent mine off... Sheesh, boy I'm laggin this time around... Oh wait, I always lag..
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Jibnot's in the house

Got your goodies, jibby. Gonna slap that sucka in the stereo and scare the neighbors. ;)

Thumbs up canuck and sara, sittin' in a tree...throwing apples at ol' NoKnees

Yowza! Scored the trifecta today.

So, here's who's ponied up so far:

Reverend SC
    CanariaChick
    Jibnot
    Sara
    canuck
    NoKnees

Still comin' round the bend:

mehugtree
    Kim (mehuggie's gal pal)...
    evilninja
    LL

---

C-Chick, I'll FedEx whatever I have in hand on Thursday p.m. so you'll have it Friday a.m. Everybody elses stuff will go out whenever I get all the goods.

Yay! New music. Yay!

Liz, did you get my email today? If not, check it....

That's affirmative, Rev...

Check yers, baby.

I'm still trying to figure out how to cable in my DVD player to my stereo unit. Too many prongs, not enough holes.

(huh uh huh. I said unit. And prong.)

Thumbs up "...she clutched his bulging, over-sized package

to her quivering bosom. She sensed his urgency; the label he had affixed to his throbbing lovegift (URGENT DELIVERY) further quickened her trembling fingers. Under the loving strokes of her fingertips, she felt his hardness straining against the flimsy confines of the material that encased it. Unable to restrain her lust any longer, she gently placed the tip of his passion package between her lips, and obeyed his fevered bidding to PULL TAB TO OPEN. As her breath caught in her throat, his bountiful offering spilled out before her. ..."

mehugtree's mix has arrived!

yowsa.

that's my kind of post!

let me know whatcha think.

-mht

I need a cold shower after this one...

Hubba hubba!
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyL
    Check yers, baby.

I'm still trying to figure out how to cable in my DVD player to my stereo unit. Too many prongs, not enough holes.

(huh uh huh. I said unit. And prong.)
    Hehe, you also said "holes", heh he he....

As Liz eludes to, my CD this year comes with a bonus DVD. You'll probably have to put it in a regualr DVD player on your TV, I've had problems with playback on computer DVD ROMs.

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by LazyL
    Got your goodies, jibby. Gonna slap that sucka in the stereo and scare the neighbors. ;)

Interested if you could actually get the record to play?
    Roxio doesn’t like me.

Thought it was a more friendly mix so maybe the neighbors will come over and give you pie

Thanks a bunch for hubing it!

Sang like a canary

Quote Originally Posted by jibnot
    Interested if you could actually get the record to play?
    Roxio doesn’t like me.

Thought it was a more friendly mix so maybe the neighbors will come over and give you pie

Thanks a bunch for hubing it!
    Worked like a charm in my car's CD player. I ended up listening to it on the way to a movie screening in the Hollywood Forever cemetery. Nice soundtrack for slinking through the sketchier parts of H'wood.

Neighbors came by and gave me some sort of mac-n-cheese-n-meatballs meal, though, so you did something right.

Kickin' like Jet Li...

evilninja's CDs have arrived!

All's we need now are Kim's CDs, and we're all set.

I *really* need to start putting mine together...

get on it girl!

um,I think kim is out. I mean, I know kim is out. So go ahead and get em out girl!!!!

-mht

Hold on, hold on!!

..just a tiny eensie weensie minute....

If you tardy a little bit with your CD, LL, I might have time to finish mine. If you are willing to help me again, that is...

Yeah I know, I ditched this swap-go-round at first, but I just couldn't contain myself. I have been thinking of making a passionites CD part IV to send out by the end of the summer as a surprise package, so I started fiddling with songlists and I have pretty much finalized the (mp3) CD already. (to my own surprise - praise be to computerfilled days and nights...)

So my question is, can I send you one CD again, like last time, for you to copy? And paypal you the money for CD's, additional ice cream and shipping.

It would mean more delay, of course............
    ( We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing ~Shaw )

Have a look at my
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For me some tunes from Chilly Kitty are worth waiting for.. But that's just me...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Sounds great to me, too...

Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees
    For me some tunes from Chilly Kitty are worth waiting for.. But that's just me...
    What does everyone else think? If anyone wants the other CDs ASAP, I can go ahead and send what I have in-hand.

I will send CanariaChick what I have, since she's heading out soon for her homeland.

Rebecca, you can make arrangements directly with her to get yours to her? I'm glad you're in. Funny, last night I dug out my portable CD player (since my computer was barfing, and I couldn't play discs on it). I haven't used the portable in years...inside, was your CD from two years ago. I'd taken it on my trip to NZ. Brought back great travel memories.

Cool by me, should I send you another cd Liz??!! I only sent 10

I had a problem playing the last couple of ChillyKitties cds due to the labels she stuck on top....anybody else??

LL, I can mail another set.

Oh, and you can still feel free to take me up on my offer if that would help smooth things out.

No worries, mate...

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend SC
    LL, I can mail another set.

Oh, and you can still feel free to take me up on my offer if that would help smooth things out.
    You sent enough CDs to go around. If we're short on anyone else's, I'll just dupe an extra copy. Thank you again for the offer though...

Sounds like a plan to me!

LL, I sent you like 12 cds, so there should be plenty to go around. Your plan makes complete sense, and I am utterly thrilled to hear there will be a Marije compilation this time around too (my world nearly collapsed when she said she wasn't sharing her fantastic music taste with us this time, imagine my relief at the false alarm! ;) )

Marije, should I e-mail you a snail mail addy in the Canary Islands where you can send me a copy? (or deliver it in person, or send your brother, whatever works best! )
    Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky

It's cool..

Quote Originally Posted by canuck
    Cool by me, should I send you another cd Liz??!! I only sent 10

I had a problem playing the last couple of ChillyKitties cds due to the labels she stuck on top....anybody else??
    I'll just dupe your CD for myself, and I'll send Rebecca one of your originals with liner notes, etc.

Nope, had no problem playing her last one. I might even have an extra copy of it around...if so, I'll send it along in your care package (maybe you got a bum disc).

..I see I have a new name

yet again! "chilly kitty"

like it.

I will get to you, Liz, with a mail for the details, and I'll get the CD on the mail ASAP (read: tuesday or wednesday) so it should be at your place somewhere around the 23d?

And yes, Canaria, tell me (by mail) where to find you, and/or where to send you eye-candy. Ticket prices are continuously dropping over here so who knows which ways the world will turn?
    I am happy to have saved your world.
    It is too good a universe to be lost, after all.

Due to time constraints there won't be a fancy label on top this time around, so that problem should be solved?
    ( We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing ~Shaw )

Have a look at my
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

where's my boobookitty?! evilninja's Avatar

Yeah!

I would love to wait for a ChillyKitty cd....they are always one of my favs. I sent LLiz a couple of extras so if anyone wants them maybe you can sweet talk(bribe?) LL and make arrangements! I look forward to the new music.

later!

me

I'm not the only one to sweettalk Liz: I just tried to send her a private message, but her inbox is too crammed, so it bounced back to me. This while I was writing her to ask for both her snail mail and email addy's as I clean out my inbox (too) regularely. Heh.

Hey LL, clean out your box! (I'll refrain from elaborating on this one..)
    Send me a mail with the info and I'll get my extra late contribution on the mail.

Have a look at my

I like Coldcat, but for some reason I was in a strange mood and felt like saying your name a different way. It seems to be sticking though... Glad you're okay with it...

And yah, can't wait to here everyones tunes.. I missed out last time around..
    Greg
    "NoKnees"