Thread: Portland info?

Portland info?

Yah I did live in the damp city years ago for a year but……………
    Leaving tomorrow to visit my kid sister and see a show. Just wondering if anyone can recommend any small hole-in-the-wall killer food? (Cheap)

Canaria, might not make it up to the Seattle area, driving would be in$ane. I just ended up using a frequent flyer ticket I had laying around from my old job. So no NW tour for me

I still thing you should drag some friends to this.
    http://www.theringingear.com/article.asp?RevID=4052202

http://plaguedoctor.com/costrough.ht...8UQ7KCXp4cbyNd

Wow, didn't even know they were still around... Caught them a few years back in S.F. in some club... Glad to hear they are still kicking it.. So to say..
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

There are tons of cheap places...

Anything in particular you're looking for? Actually Willamette Week just came out with it's top cheap east list...

http://www.wweek.com/

There's a link on the front page for Cheap Eats 2004, but it seems the link is broken.

But here's another:

http://www.wweek.com/story.php?story=3683

Cheap Eats

The links above may offer too much info...

My recommedations are... (there are incredible places to dine all over Portland but these are more towards downtown and are definite holes with excellent grub)

Mexican - El Grillo (Downtown next to strip club)
    Thai - Thai Peacock or E-San (also downtown)
    Burgers - Red Coach (on Broadway downtown)
    Pasta - Pastini Pasteria (a little less hole-in-the-wallish but super cheap and excellent - NW 23rd or SE Broadway)
    Breakfast - The Roxy (near Panorama so lots of late nighters go there after bars close)
    Vietnamese - Pho Hung (can't beat a $3 bowl of the best pho)
    Pizza - Roventes (downtown near Greek Cuisina)

Where are you staying in Portland? I lived right by 84 se 39th.My area was mostly se Portland,which I like the most.I know alot of places for cheap drinks by the Hawthorne area & some serve good food.I'm trying to remember it's been awhile.

Dang!

That's cool to go visit the little sis, and I hear you about the drive, I gotta go to Bellingham this weekend and the drive is the least appealling part, this Bachelorette party better rock!

And Luna, good to see you still wandering in, I may be able to fit one trip to Hood before I leave in mid-June (tight), if so, maybe we should hook up for some riding, maybe a little camping, or just crash at E's Flow pad (no pun intended).
    Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky

Canaria...

... I still wander in from time to time. If you do find yourself in Portland... definitely let me know. And of course, you're welcome to stay at my house should you need a bed - plenty of room. I'm going to have lots of free time starting next month. My job is relocating to Houston, TX (of all places - glad to see employment is strong in Bush-town) and I won't be relocating, so I'm joining the unemployment forces and planning to take some time off and have "me" time! Would love to see you!

My email address has changed - julie at freewells dot com

Quote Originally Posted by CanariaChick
    That's cool to go visit the little sis, and I hear you about the drive, I gotta go to Bellingham this weekend and the drive is the least appealling part, this Bachelorette party better rock!

And Luna, good to see you still wandering in, I may be able to fit one trip to Hood before I leave in mid-June (tight), if so, maybe we should hook up for some riding, maybe a little camping, or just crash at E's Flow pad (no pun intended).
    Is one of the Hurly Burly girls getting married? I ran into them in Tahoe during the New Years thingy.I'm moving to Hood on the 1st or 2nd.I think I have to go to SF,but I'm trying to avoid that part. I'm sick of driving.

Quote Originally Posted by elex
    Is one of the Hurly Burly girls getting married? I ran into them in Tahoe during the New Years thingy.I'm moving to Hood on the 1st or 2nd.I think I have to go to SF,but I'm trying to avoid that part. I'm sick of driving.
    LOL! no... not yet though, they are still having fun. Getting married are "R & R", friends from Baker, one of those couples you already saw getting old together, so we are all stoked to see them tie the knot.

Upon further consideration, I think it's a bit unrealistic of me to plan a trip to Hood before I leave to the islands, was looking at my schedule, and it's overwhelming as it is... crap!

While on the subject of SF, talked to Capm yesterday, it was great to hear from him (says hi!). Don't fall sleep at the WheEl, ok?
    Canaria

Luna...

Ditto. Our summers are going to rock!
    You got any particular plans for "me" time?
    Canaria

Quote Originally Posted by CanariaChick
    LOL! no... not yet though, they are still having fun. Getting married are "R & R", friends from Baker, one of those couples you already saw getting old together, so we are all stoked to see them tie the knot.

Upon further consideration, I think it's a bit unrealistic of me to plan a trip to Hood before I leave to the islands, was looking at my schedule, and it's overwhelming as it is... crap!

While on the subject of SF, talked to Capm yesterday, it was great to hear from him (says hi!). Don't fall sleep at the WheEl, ok?
    I haven't talked to Jimmy/Kim in awhile,did she pop out a kid ok.My June is looking real complicated,I could be flying to europe 2 times or not,going to whistler or not.I think I should know my plans a little better this week or not.I have to go to Seattle,the parents are about to disown me,so I better go.

If you do come up to visit the 'rents, give me a call, maybe we can go wakeboarding, or at the very least, get drunk. While on the subject, if your visit is this weekend, we will have a party going on Saturday, afternoon will be very kid friendly (as it is Lil'Ms B-day party), and then as the evening regresses, it will be more grown up oriented. Jimmy and Kim, will come over with Kai and their newest clan member, Indy. Here's a pic, aren't they adorable?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Canaria

Nice looking kid,I like the name.I won't be up there this weekend,probably next.This weekend is moving all my shyte into storage & one last party hopefully.Then the move, which should be easy,place is furnished.I just want to make sure I grab the best room.