Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow WHO WE ARE........ (re-visited)

So, a lot has changed since we last did this including new faces, location changes, additions to families, and of course a brand new site lay-out to name just a few. I thought it would be cool to once again get acquainted with each other, so please fill out the following and add anything extra you'd like.

Name: MARK
    Birth year: 1974
    Sign: Gemini
    Snowboarding since: 1993
    Board set-up(s): recently sold most, main current ride is still a K2 Electra 161cm with Frankenstein bindings(Burton, Ride, etc. parts)
    Favorite hobbies: snowboarding, mountainboarding, basketball, all sports, making stuff
    Favorite band(s)/type of music: Metallica, rock, metal, alternative, most except country
    Favorite movie(s): The Lost Boys, The Doors, horror, comedy
    Favorite book(s): non-fiction and the kind that become movies so I don't have to read them
    Favorite saying(s): nice!
    Pet peeve(s): stupid people(ignorant is okay!), those that do not want to learn new things
    Places visited: all over the US and Canada, for some reason still haven't hit up Europe
    MARK

Wave-Maker / Pot-Stirrer

Talking Introductions

Name: Glen (Rampage)
    Birth Year: 1971
    Sign: Aquarius
    Snowboarding since 2000
    Board Setup: Ride Timeless 164 with Ride MiG bindings and Palmer Risers
    Occupations: Technician, bodyguard and bouncer
    Favorite hobbies: Snowboarding, Mountain Biking, and dinking around on computer
    Favorite band(s): Rob Zombie, White Zombie, Metallica, Iron Maiden, and most everything from the 70's and 80's (sry, I'm kind of ecclectic)
    Favorite Movie(s): Princess Bride, Out Cold, Down Periscope, and The Incredibles
    Favorite book: Not a big book reader, I usually wait until it hits the theatre.
    Favorite saying: Kewl or groovie
    Pet peeves: Ignorant people, people talking during movies, and people who give up before they've really tried.
    Places visited: Germany, France, England, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Austria, Italy, Greece, Spain, Egypt, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Panama, Costa Rica, El Salvadore, Honduras, Guatemala, Belize, Nicaragua, and Columbia. I actually shouldn't count Germany, I lived there from when I was 6 till I was 17, so it's not really a visit.
    Rampage

"Beware the good assumptions in life, the light at the end of the tunnel is probably an oncoming train!!"

Name: Eric;E;Erock
    Birth year: 1972
    Sign: Will make snowboard for food
    Snowboarding since: 1987
    Board set-up(s): Lots, whatever needs testing; for pow I ride a Solitude 169
    Favorite hobbies: snowboarding,soccer,prototyping, sitting on the beach, getting hammered
    Favorite band(s)/type of music: McGnarly's Rant, Classical, folk & old punk
    Favorite movie(s): Raiders of the Lost Ark, Cool Hand Luke, 12 Monkies
    Favorite book(s): Anything on composites,sorry I'm a nerd, I'm a horrible reader
    Favorite saying(s): Oh my Jihad! Aren't you the sharpest marble
    Pet peeve(s): chewing with your mouth open & people who don't ever sacrifice to help others. For me it's procrastination, organization-I'm just a lazy bastage
    Places visited: Work Related-Canada,Germany,France, Switzerland(sort of), Austria & Italy.

Name: dee (deepak)
    Birth year: 1978
    Sign: Taurus
    Snowboarding since: 2000
    Board set-up(s): '00 Ride Timeless w/ Drake F-40, regular, 18 / 0, highback set straight up for park days, and a little forward when i'm carving. I haven't tuned the edges for a long time because i've been riding rails a lot.
    Favorite hobbies: Snowboarding, travelling, parties, spinning records, bbqing, video games
    Favorite band(s)/type of music: dnb, punk, trance, hip hop/rap,
    Favorite movie(s): ...
    Favorite book(s): don't read enough
    Favorite saying(s): nothing right now
    Pet peeve(s): well this weekend.. ppl that don't want to push themselves!
    Places visited: US, India, France, Singapore, London...... everything but the US was when I was little. I'm going to Korea in June.. and Europe next year.

Same ol', same 'ol

Name: Canaria aka Marina
    Birth year: 1974
    Sign: Do Not Cross, with Yield rising
    Snowboarding since: 1992
    Board set-up(s): Pow: Ill22 158, Beater: Arbor Woodie 150, Everything else: Arbor Woodie 155 with Bent Metal bindings. Oh, and the ever-important, riding-enhancing, metal studs for stomping
    Occupation: Immigration law, mother, wife, student, comunity volunteer, activist, etc...
    Favorite hobbies: Board sports, sailing, biking, traveling, learning about sustainability/self-suficiency/renewables, and practically all of the above in the best company: family and friends.
    Favorite band(s)/type of music: All over the spectrum, from melodic chill stuff (Bebe, Chambao), to raunchy punk (The Dwarves, The Briefs), passing through anything in between (HBMS, Ozomatli), as long as the musicianship is there and it moves me.
    Favorite movie(s): Practically anything with Gael Garcia Bernal in it, what can I say? the guy is pure eye candy!
    Favorite book(s): Lots and lots. Writings by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Tom Robbins or Chuck Palahniuck, are some I like, although latelly I've been reading more non-fiction, but even that ranges in scope. In the last two weeks I read: Hell Bent for Leather by Seb Hunter (hillarious) and Confessions of an Economic Hit Man by John Perkins (fascinating)
    Favorite saying(s): "The folk who look the happiest, with feet that are light, are not always those who lived in the sun, but those who faced darkness, fought it, and won"
    Pet peeve(s): Arrogance, Contempt, Intolerance, Belligerance, Hypocresy,... (you catch my drift)
    Places visited: US, Canada, Mexico, Morocco, Western Sahara, Spain (+my home, Canary Islands), Portugal, France, UK, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Czech Rep., Slovenia, Poland, Yugoslavia (former), Austria, Switzerland, Costa Rica in 2 months and I got the feeling I'm forgetting some... well, more to come, anyway!
    Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky

back from the dead
    Name: Yotes (real name is Ryan, but most call me Yotes)
    Birth year: 1981
    Sign: Scorpio
    Location: Washington (pullman for the past 5 years, back to Olympia in May)
    Snowboarding since: 1997
    Board set-up(s): MLY Variable, Ride Preston LX bindings, Rossignol boots
    Occupation: Student, Theatre Tech, Whitewater Raft Guide, currently seeking career in Environmental Science
    Favorite hobbies: snowboarding, mountainboarding, whitewater kayaking and rafting, guitar, bass, backpacking
    Favorite band(s)/type of music: Youth Brigade, Rancid, 7 Seconds, Ducky Boys, Catch 22, mostly punk, ska, and oi, although there are few things I enjoy more than sitting back with a good microbrew listening to some live jazz.
    Favorite movie(s): zombie movies, comedy
    Favorite book(s): DaVinci Code, Whispers, Guide to Washington Whitewater (2nd ed.), dunno if it counts, but I really like looking over topo maps.
    Favorite saying(s): "hmm, that was a little sketchy" (usually, but not always, said while out mountainboarding)
    Pet peeve(s): people who put status over having fun, people who flake out on you
    Places visited: Washington, Idaho, Oregon, Nevada, Utah, California, BC

My bio...

Name: Jason
    Birth year: 1969 (yikes!)
    Sign: Libra
    Snowboarding since: 1992
    Board set-up(s): Salomon ERA 158, Flow MK bindings, and Salomon Malamutes
    www.consumerreview.com/channels/consumerreview/data/main/pr071300.html)
    Favorite hobbies: snowboarding, mountain biking, poker, model trains
    Favorite band(s)/type of music: Doesn't everybody know by now!
    Favorite movie(s): Shawshank Redemption, Full Metal Jacket, Pulp Fiction, Rob Roy, Top Gun
    Favorite book(s): Anything by Chinua Achebe, Robert Ludlum, Kenneth Follett
    Favorite saying(s): Riiiight
    Pet peeve(s): Self-centeredness
    Places visited: Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, France, Italy, Monaco, Spain, Germany, Denmark, New Zealand, Hawaii, St. Lucia
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Cool Who am I?

Name: Greg
    Birth year: 1971
    Sign: Cancer
    Snowboarding since: 1993
    Board set-up(s): Too many..'01 Ride Timeless 167 w/Ride Team Binders, Salomon Malamutes. Other boards: '05 Ride No. 4 164, '03 Prior 172ST Split, '03 O'Sin 178 Swallowtail, and about 4 others that don't see much service..
    Favorite hobbies: snowboarding, volleyball(beach prefered), baseball, mountainbiking...
    Favorite band(s)/type of music: 80's Punk & New Wave, 90's Alt and Electronic, and what'ev else floats my boat at that point in time..
    Favorite movie(s): Anything but horror flicks.. Those bore me to tears..
    Favorite book(s): Anything about the outdoors. Mountaineering and travel essays especially...
    Favorite saying(s): No worries..
    Pet peeve(s): Clueless people. Need to thin the herd..
    Places visited: Never enough.. Around 30 out of the 50 states so far.. Denmark, UK (London area), New Zealand, Italy, France, Mexico (Baja), Canada (B.C.), West Indies (bunch of islands there), Jamaica...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Name: Kevin
    Birth year: 1973
    Sign: The Horse Guy Thingy
    Snowboarding since: 1999 (used to ride skateboard decks backwards down hills back in the 80's....does that count?)
    Board set-up(s): NeverSummer 2002 166 Legacy, NS 2005 163 T5, 159 Avalanche Beater circa 1999
    Favorite hobbies: hockey, snowboarding
    Favorite band(s)/type of music: Bagpipes
    Favorite movie(s): Field of Dreams, Suicide Kings
    Favorite book(s): Science & Biographies
    Favorite saying(s): Over-rated! Bunch o' sucks & wimps.
    Pet peeve(s): people who write checks in the 10 item or less line.
    Places visited: Snowboarding-wise - Breck, Copper, Vail, Aspen, Whistler, Big Sky, Park City, Jackson Hole (this Thursday!!!) Killington, Holiday Valley (NY), Beech (NC).
    I love the fat boards for the pow pow...

hey!

I'm in that article!! (how's that for self-centeredness)

aka bulldozer aka hot nickels aka cliff rosenthal

Name: mehugtree
    Birth year: 1970
    Snowboarding since: 1988
    Board set-up(s): all Ride baby. Yukon 164, Ride bindings. All brown.
    Favorite hobbies: mountainboarding, snowboarding, reading, writing, drinking, my left elbow
    Favorite band(s)/type of music: everything from bhangra to indie hip-hop to classic country. no bling-bling, please
    Favorite movie(s): The Jerk, Super Troopers, anything with John Stamos
    Favorite book(s): ones that fit in my pocket so I can carry them with me anywhere.
    Favorite saying(s): can I get another beer?
    Pet peeve(s): pet pee
    Places visited: all over the US, Canada, Costa Rica, Brazil, Mexico, the inside of a warehouse in England.

Wasn't you...

Quote Originally Posted by mehugtree
    I'm in that article!! (how's that for self-centeredness)
    I was referring to Luna.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Name: Ian
    Birth year: 196yikes
    Board set-up(s): Brtn Custom 157 w/ride teams and Brtn Supermodel (old I know) 168 with cool brown suede ride teams.
    Favorite hobbies: snowboarding, surfing (i suck), skate, skimboard, flyfishing, etc
    Favorite band(s)/type of music: punk, some electronica, most anything none-country and none-top 40, even some folky singer-songwriter stuff like Jack Johnson.
    Favorite movie(s): Napoleon Dynamite (for new ones), Pulp Fiction, Mulholland Drive (ok, kidding), Princess Bride.
    Favorite book(s): Tom Robbins stuff
    Favorite saying(s): this rounds on E
    Pet peeve(s): rollerbladers, skiiers, bike riding guys with too much "gear"
    Places visited: Most of Canada, lots of US, Europe (England, Scotland, France, Switzerland, Czech Republic), Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea.

Damn, you're old...

Quote Originally Posted by canuck
    Birth year: 196yikes
    Hey, this looks familiar.;) Are you really a libra also?
    Tantrum

I barely ever post here anymore, but I do still lurk around!

Name: Kira
    Birth year: 1987
    Sign: Leo
    Snowboarding since: 2002
    Board set-up(s): '02 (?) Lib tech Jamie Lynn 145 (I'm in love with this board but it's ready to retire) with also ready-to-retire drake f-40s. An '03 Ride Fuel 148, and a brand new Bataleon sitting in my living room waiting to be demo-ed. (quick plug: If you haven't heard about triple base technology, you should check out the bataleon site).
    Favorite hobbies: snowoarding, gymnastics, music, photography, hooligan-ing of all kinds.
    Favorite band(s)/type of music: My musical tastes are all over the place but some of my favorites are: Aesop Rock, The Beatles, Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly, Elliott Smith, The Ramones, and so on.
    Favorite movie(s): Fight Club, Boondock Saints, Snatch, Ocean's 11, Love/Hate, Pop...
    Favorite book(s): Anything by Chuck Palahniuk, American Psycho, The Contortionist's Handbook, right now I'm reading The Glass Bead Game.
    Favorite saying(s): "what a rockstar!", "questionable", "holy woah!"
    Pet peeve(s): 75% of the girls who "snowboard", incompetent drivers on the Mt. Baker Highway, the sound of people clipping their nails.
    Places visited: To snowboard: just Washington, Oregon, and BC. For other reasons: Canada, Mexico, California, Montana, Colorado, Arizona, Florida, and quite a few others not worth mentioning.

Kira, long time no see!

How are you doing girl? I know lame season so far, but maybe you wanna join us at Baker on Friday. By the way, do you go to school with Nick? Say hi!

P.S.> I'm selling my car, forildo. ;)
    Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky

October 8th

mature, yes

Hey. Yes, very lame season indeed...But I've been riding Baker every weekend they've been open thanks to some buddies with comfy couches in B-ham. The Summit is opening West on Friday and Alpental on Saturday but I fully intend to skip out on work there to ride at Baker. I'm getting over a nasty cold and haven't decided about Friday yet but if you guys are for sure going I might consider it!

I don't go to school with Nick anymore but our paths do cross occasionally, I'll pass on the "hi" the next time they do.

P.S. I was all trendy and ended up with a subaru instead ;)!

where's my boobookitty?! evilninja's Avatar

evilninja....

Name: Chapell
    Sign: Capricorn
    Board set-up(s): Burton BMC168 w/ Burtin Misson Bindings, Burton Custom Split165
    Favorite hobbies: Snowboarding, Backpacking, Biking, Running....
    Favorite band(s)/type of music: Modest Mouse, Afghan Whigs, Wilco, Uncle Tupelo, Neko Case, Fugazi...listen to lots of stuff
    Favorite movie(s): Lost in Translation, Matrix, i like zombie movies too, lots of lots more
    Favorite book(s): Fight Club, Good Omens(or anything by Neil Gaiman), Dharma Bums...this could be a big list....
    Favorite saying(s): Pretty Like A Panda, I'm a Bear
    Pet: Jessie-Mojo-Dog
    Places Visited: All over the East coast, PNW, Alaska, Costa Rica, France, Spain, Canada, New Zealand

Awww... Don't I feel special...

Glad you guys haven't totally forgotten me. Although, I think Mehug has since all my emails to him lately bounce back to me as undeliverable.

Jeez, how long ago was it...

That I risked my life to meet with 2 people from the internet at Filini's in Buckhead? I know my bro and sis-in-law thought I was crazy. Well, I think it was worth the risk!;)
    Tantrum

no no no

how could I forget you darlin??? just dropped an email is all. get me at tedladue at gmail dot com

Name: Ryan
    Birth year: 1985
    Snowboarding since: 99/00
    Board set-up(s): K2 World Wide Weapon 147 with Technine Dominator Justin Hebbel bindings. Sometimes ride a Capita Cut and Paste 152 with Drake Matrix bindings. Oh, and Burton Sabbath boots.
    Favorite hobbies: Snowboarding, surfing, crocheting, v-dubs.
    Favorite band(s)/type of music: Indie rock and hardcore mostly.
    Favorite movie(s): Rad, Shawshank Redemption, The Endless Summer 1 & 2, Pulp Fiction, Robot Food, First Tracks Productions, Neoproto films.
    Favorite book(s): 1984
    Favorite snowboard mag: Snowboard or Frequency
    Favorite saying(s): You won't!
    Pet peeve(s): Foggy car windows bother me a lot, especially when people write on them.
    Places visited: Some Caribbean Islands, Tahoe, Vermont, Florida, North Carolina.
    -Ryan

Name: Jay
    Birth year: 196doubleyikes!
    Sign: n/a
    Snowboarding since: 1997 (ski since 1986)
    Board set-up(s): A bunch. Main ride: 170 Volkl Powercarve. Pow board: 178 O'Sin 4807. Rock board: 168 Ride Mountain. All Salomon SPX bindings and Malamute boots.
    Favorite hobbies: Snowboarding, mountain biking, surfing, windsurfing, playing guitar, photography, video
    Favorite band(s)/type of music: Hard rock, Metal, Fusion, 80s/90s Alternative. Technical guitar: anything from Mahavishnu Orchestra to Meshuggah. Current faves: Buckethead, Candiria, QOTSA.
    Favorite movie(s): Ronin, Team America, Undercover Brother, Baseketball
    Favorite book(s): Hyperion series (Dan Simmons), Known Space series (Larry Niven), lots more sci-fi
    Favorite saying(s): Rip it up! (usually when I'm saying it I am looking down a mountain side of powder)
    Pet peeve(s): Warm winters, rainy summers
    Places visited: Most of USA and Europe, Maldives, Peru, Costa Rica.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

yet another profile to fit into......

Name: Marije. Some here still know me as Rebecca
    Birth year: 1970. Damn good port year.
    Sign: Twin/ Dog. I believe I should be cynically charming.
    Location: The flattest, least snowed uponland of northwestern Europe: The Netherlands.
    Snowboarding since: 1996
    Board set-up(s): Rock board: A Burton 156 try-out board someone sweet once totally unexpected sent to me (Thanks, Su!) that might have carried God knows who before me. I am suspecting it's an early version of a feelgood. Not snappy enough, but a sweet ride. I am still waiting around for my custom made Valhalla's from Oz. Till they arrive, I just drew on this one with a pencil to make it look raggedly cool. Or ok, just ragged.
    Brand spanking new Burton mission bindings, very old and torn ruler boots.
    Occupation: Depending on how you look at it I am a freelance artist who waitresses three evenings a week to pay them bills, or I am a part time waitress with artistic aspirations. Both viewpoints hold their truths.
    Favorite hobbies: Snowboarding, snowboarding, snowboarding!
    Favorite band(s)/type of music: Any and all except heavy metal, country, too simple and agressive trance. Other then that, I appreciate anything that's got heart and soul.
    Lately I have been quite into The Brighteyes, The Doves, Songs Ohia, Plaid, Aphex Twin, Jocelyn Pook, Kroke, Mercedes Peon.
    Favorite movie(s): Quite some...but one that immediately springs to mind is "Yo no ho paura" (Italian film) All time favourites: Arizona Dream, Strictly Ballroom, Trainspotting
    Favorite book(s): The sandman series (written by neil gaiman, Vertigo Comics)
    Favorite saying(s): "We do not stop playing because we grow old, we growold because we stop playing"~GB Shaw
    "We must be the change we want to see"~Ghandi
    "It was not the harshness of my enemies that I remember with pain and sorrow, but the silence of my friends"~MLK
    Pet peeve(s): Many. Mainly being inconsiderate and not willing to stay alert and keep one's eyes open.
    Places visited: Never been out of Europe, alas. That's still on my to do list.
    ( We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing ~Shaw )

Have a look at my
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

so when are you coming to visit?!?!?!?

maybe we could rendezvous in LA at Liz's pad!

so when are you coming to visit?!?!?!?

maybe we could rendezvous in LA at Liz's pad!

Hmm..........that sure conjures a tempting image...Liz's pad, I mean.

Well, who knows. This year Köln, next year New York? :P
    ( We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing ~Shaw )

Have a look at my

make sure you have a few Kolsch while there.....apparentlly to brew that type of beer the brewery must have a view of the Cologne Cathedral's steeple or some shizz like that..

Name: amERICa
    Birth year: 73
    Sign: Taurus-Gemini, cusp
    Snowboarding since: 1994, Skiing 1976
    Board/ski set-up(s): 163 Volkl selecta, 178 Nitro swallowtail, 161 N/S (will be cut in half)
    190 Volkl Gotama (alpine) 183 Volkl Gotama (AT) 186 Stockli Asteroid
    Favorite hobbies: snowboard/ski, mountain biking, designing.
    Favorite band(s)/ rubber are cool but prefer the bungee cord or zip-tie
    Favorite movie(s): you all need to watch “the ski bum”
    Favorite book(s): book
    Pet peeve(s): I’ve had a few peeves but they all died. Figured all the bills and responsibilities just wasn’t worth it anymore. Sometimes a friend lets me take care of his or her pet peeve and that’s fun for awhile.
    Places visited: all over the US and western Canada, Sweden, Finland, Australia. Most recently I went to the Reams grocery store.

Nice book... Unfortunately my diety was offended at my reading about another diety and I was promptly smited, loosing 10hp and 1 constitution.
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

SpaceCowboyGangsterofLove

What no saving throw?

Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees
    Nice book... Unfortunately my diety was offended at my reading about another diety and I was promptly smited, loosing 10hp and 1 constitution.
    Nice one, I laughed aloud, and my bloody co-workers might have caught on to my f@wking off on the internet! Now I must shoo them away with my best "go away, I'm working on a very important project right now".

I never get tired of geeky D&D refferences.

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Been a while...

Name: TBone
    Birth year: 1971
    Board set-up(s): Never Summer Decade, Salomon SP4 bindings, Salomon boots (can't remember the model
    Favorite hobbies: snowboarding, volleyball, playing piano, video games, shoveling, watering dead grass
    Favorite band(s)/type of music: trance/house, rock, classic rock, whatever...
    Favorite movie(s): American History X, Shawshank Redemption, (guess I really like prison movies)
    Favorite book(s): Undaunted Courage, A Walk In the Woods, Into the Wild
    Favorite saying(s): Do we have to register on a powder day honey? How many more envelopes do I have to stuff? When do I have to get fitted for a tux? (oh sorry, I must have gotten sidetracked) For some reason, I've been in a Swingers mood lately using the term "money" a lot.
    Pet peeve(s): coworkers that write bad code, slow drivers in the left lane, jackasses that don't respect the mountains
    Places visited: every US state except Alaska and many Canadian Provinces, Mexico a couple times, and St. Marten

Name: Darius Fleck
    Birth year: 1982
    Sign: Cnacer
    Snowboarding since: 1995
    Board set-up(s): Several, my main rides are/will be when it snows again: Head Fusion 163 w/Option Team bindings, F2 Eliminator 168 w/Ride Spi bindings, Option Pintail Legacy 163 w/Drake Matrix bindings. All boards ridden with 32 Prion boots.
    Occupation: College student, Senior Bachelors of Business Admin.
    Favorite hobbies: snowboarding, mtn. biking, BMW cars, motorcycling, anthing that is fast and handles well. Also selling/buying on Ebay.
    Favorite band(s)/type of music: Christian rock.
    Favorite movie(s): Napoleon Dynomite, Gone in 60 Seconds, James Bond.
    Favorite book(s): none right now.
    Favorite saying(s): "Yes, I am getting married soon."
    Pet peeve(s): inconsiderate drivers,
    Places visited: All over western North America, some midwest U.S.

Who We Are: Who I Is.

Name: Scott
    Birth year: 1965 (40 this summer)
    Board set-up(s): Never Summer Premier, Drake F-60, Salomon Dialogues. New toy: Dynastar O-Sin 4807 Powder Stick.
    Favorite band(s)/type of music: Sublime, Bob Marley, Steel Pulse, Clash, Specials, X, Cake come to mind.
    Favorite movie(s): Anything from Quentin Tarantino and David Lynch.
    Favorite book(s): Anything from Michael Connelly and Robert Parker. Love dem police mysteries.
    Favorite saying(s): Badges, we don't need no stinkin' badges.
    Pet peeve(s): people who call you on the phone and let it ring more than 6 times. If I wanted to talk I would have answered by now.
    Places visited: Aside from the US and Canada; Belgium, Germany, Austria, the Netherlands, Virgin Islands, St. Maarten.

"Howzit Brah"
    Name: Rich, Rick, Rickie, Ricardo, Dick, Dickie.....
    Birth year: 1964 (41 this summer)
    Married with wife and two boys (Sean & Ryan)
    Gay Friends/Boarders: NK, AC and E the cute one....
    Snowboarding since: 1991
    Board set-up(s): 156 Sims Noah Slasnik (Trucks on the bottom), 152 Custom, 154, Seven.
    157 Option Kevin S, Bindings: C-14s, Missions, Customs. Boots: Nothwaves
    Favorite band(s)/type of music: DK's, Agent Orange, Suicidal Tendencies, Adolecents, Jimi Hendrix, AC/DC, TAD the Inhaler, Ramones, Queens of the Stone Age etc etc....
    Favorite movie(s): Big Wednesday, Full Metal Jacket, Scarface, Tommy Boy, Kill Bill I&II.
    Favorite book(s): Anything from Grishman, Turow, Connelly, Clancy, Brown.
    Favorite saying(s): Crack is whack, jk....Really I don't have one.
    Pet peeve(s): I'm pretty mellow, don't have many PPs.
    Places visited: Lived on both coasts, Alaska (Red Dog Saloon) Japan (born & stationed there for 7 yrs total (I'm 1/2 Jap 1/2 Mick), Mexico, Australia, Bali, Hawaii, United Arab Emerites (UAE), Hong Kong, Kiribati, Guam, Guadel Canal, Phillipines, think i ate some dog there jk.., Korea, love that kemchie.... Singapore, Jordan and Bahrain and other unk. Pacific Islands (This was due to 10 yrs of Navy Service) and I cannot forget Poor Reds in Shingle Springs....

I might be one of your gay boarder friends, but at least I'm cute, yeah.
    Thanks I feel better,
    e

Still Around....

Name: Claudia Barroso (soon to be Bailey)
    Sign: Taurus
    Snowboarding since: 2001
    Board set-up(s): Salamon
    Favorite hobbies: snowboarding, beach volleyball, watching movies, puzzles, playing piano, hiking, laying on the beach
    Favorite band(s)/type of music: Country, Classical, R&B, Top 40, Alternative, basically anything but Jazz and Heavy Metal
    Favorite movie(s): Top Gun, Gone with The Wind, Pretty Woman, Grease
    Favorite book(s): dont really have one. lately i loved The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons was quite the page turner! Both Dan Brown books so i think i'll check out his other two.
    Favorite saying(s): WHATEVER!
    Pet peeve(s): People that turn into my lane on the road when there are two or more other ones that EMPTY!
    Places visited: Mexico, Columbia, Argentina, Brazil (duh, i was born there), Jamaica, Bahamas, several US states and hopefully Europe soon!!

What?!?! (insert shriek of horror) You have never visited Canada???!

Shame on you!!

I suck.......

What?!?! (insert shriek of horror) You have never visited Canada???!

Shame on you!!

I actually HAVE been to Canada but it was for a conference and i went straight to the hotel and never really left all weekend so I dont count that! I really need to get up there and see you .

Name: Cori
    Birth year: 1956 (TRIPLE YIKES!)
    Board set-up(s): Burton Witchcraft 151 w/Burton Stilleto bindings, Burton Feelgood 152 (switch bindings if I ride this one), Prior 156 Splitboard w/Burton Custom bindings.
    Occupation: weekend warrior (72 consecutive weekends tomorrow) and executive secretary (or to be more pc: administrative assistant)
    Favorite hobbies: snowboarding, backpacking, peakbagging, split-boarding
    Favorite movie(s): anything with Ben Stiller (don't watch too many, but since we don't have a computer in our Mammoth home I started watching movies)
    Favorite book(s): Zdon's Desert Summits, Secor's High Peaks & Passes, Moynier's backcountry skiing, or anything that has info on stuff I like to do.
    Places visited: lived in a few different states, lived Germany 8 yrs, snowboarded UT & CO, backpacked WY, MT, AZ, NV, BC,

Name: Richard
    Birth year: 1977
    Sign: Aquarius
    Snowboarding since: 2001
    Board set-up(s): Never Summer Legacy 166 with Drake Podium bindings
    Occupation: Internal medicine resident, not showing up for / calling about snowboard meetings because I'm shy
    Favorite hobbies: Snowboarding, snowboarding, snowboarding, photography, computer stuff, hoarding gear, and now lately, fixing up new house!
    Favorite band(s)/type of music: Just about everything.. but mostly indie and trance.
    Favorite movie(s): Harold and Kumar Goto White Castle, Better Luck Tomorrow, Shawshank Redemption, Infernal Affairs series, Hard Boiled, Aliens, High Fidelity, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Glory
    Favorite book(s): Prostate Exam Secrets
    Favorite saying(s): dude... strong..
    Pet peeve(s): lazy, unmotivated people at work
    Places visited: Outside of the US -- Mexico, Taiwan, China
    "I better not feel both of your hands on my back"

- Overheard during a rectal exam

[QUOTE=MARK]So, a lot has changed since we last did this including new faces, location changes, additions to families, and of course a brand new site lay-out to name just a few. I thought it would be cool to once again get acquainted with each other, so please fill out the following and add anything extra you'd like.

Name: alf ( Andres Franchy)
    Birth year: 1977
    Sign: leo
    Snowboarding since: 1998
    Board set-up(s): 04 Ride timeless 161, ride lx bindings, heelside team boots
    Favorite hobbies: sex, snowboarding, surfing , drums, soccer and bbqs
    Favorite band(s)/type of music: Metallica, meshuggah,tool, Iron, deicide, all kinds of music, specially metal
    Favorite movie(s): point break
    Favorite book(s): playboy, penthouse, hustler.etc...
    Favorite saying(s): puff. puff pass..
    Pet peeve(s): drivers that throw their garbage thru their car window....stupid f#cks.
    Places visited: england, usa, peru, brazil, mexico, canada, easter island

this would be me in a nutshell - if I wasn't allergic to nuts

Name: Anthony
    Birth year: 1975
    Sign: Virgo
    Snowboarding since: 1989/90
    Board set-up(s): Pressure Snowboard 167 for freeriding, soon to be Pressure 160 for park
    Occupation: video producer, aspiring manager of midget wrestlers
    Favorite hobbies: snowboarding, hiking, snowmobiling, keep my dog Otis in line
    Favorite band(s)/type of music: pretty much everything but country and cheezy pop
    Favorite movie(s): Airplane, Fletch
    Favorite book(s): by Charles Bukowski, Kurt Vonnegut, David Sedaris, and Augustin Burroughs
    Favorite saying(s): no
    Pet peeve(s): people who vote for a candidate/party but can't explain why
    Places visited: not enough...

Old Skool?
    Name: Nick
    Birth year: 1983
    Snowboarding since: 1999 or 2000 something like that I dont remember
    Board set-up(s): really old 5150 pacer with drake matrix bindings, and Salomon Malamutes.
    Favorite hobbies: snowboarding, video games, sleeping, my car
    Favorite band(s)/type of music: pretty much everything
    Favorite movie(s): Boondock saints and a bunch of others I am too lazy to think of
    Favorite book(s): dont read much lately
    Favorite saying(s): uhhhhh
    Pet peeve(s): bad drivers, most of my coffee customers, stupid people, students who dont want to try
    Places visited:west coast, NY, WI, GA, FL and Canada Im boring like that.

who we are

name: rydeordie
    birthdate:1975
    cancer
    loc:reno/tahoe
    ryder since:1996? doesnt seem like 9 years? i musta lost a year or 2 with fing surguries
    setup:166/161, forum bindings/32 boots
    Hobbies mnt biking changing my babies diapers and telling her " your so smart"
    Movie: boyzndahood, dont be a menace, scream
    Book: king ,barker, political books about plutocracy and the evil the rich do
    saying: what if i just kill u, ill kill you yo, stfu before i fing kill u, im all in, ghead
    pet peeve: lift ticket prices in tahoe yo its outrageous
    places visited: reno, caribean, " you boys like mexico?"~super troopers, duetchland
    hit me up if u want to get together to ride tahoe i go alot also im looking for volunteers for the sos program hopefully it will be up and running this year holla if u can commit 4-6 days on consecutive weekends, 1 day a week to ride with underprivileged kids!

Whory clap Blatman!

Name: Caribbean Ian (Ian)
    Birth year: 196 oh my oh my!
    Sign: Sagitarius
    Snowboarding since: 1999
    Board set-up(s): Ride Timeless 164 w Flow bindings, K2 Electra
    Favorite hobbies: snowboarding, scuba diving, autocrossing, rugby
    Favorite band(s)/type of music: I will listen to almost everything
    Favorite movie(s): The Usual Suspects
    Favorite book(s): Shadow Divers, ton of SciFi stuff
    Favorite saying(s): no problem!
    Pet peeve(s): That it is easier to gain weight than loose it! Just not fair!
    Places visited: French, Italian and Swiss Alps, Whistler and this winter, Breckenridge! WOO HOO!

Whoopadeedoo!
    Name: LisaLisa
    Birth year: 1978
    Snowboarding since: 1999
    Board set-up(s): Solomon Ivy 149
    Favorite hobbies: snowboarding, badminton, softball, painting, reading
    Favorite band(s)/type of music: almost everything except for country
    Favorite movie(s): Punch Drunk Love, The Princess Bride, Clueless,
    Favorite book(s): Don't have one!
    Favorite saying(s): Well, I like to say this to my students if they walk slow in the
    hallway-->"MY GRANDMA WALKS FASTER THAN YOU!"
    Pet peeve(s): Canuck....(j/k)
    Places visited: Parts of the US, and Canada!

hey! you not only mentioned me in your profile, but you also like The Princess Bride!!!
    One of my fave films ever!! The fireswamp is the best part, don't you think?

Whoopadeedoo!
    Actually, one of my fave. parts is towards the end, when Indigo and the 6 fingered man start fighting. It has the best quote ever!

snowboarder mtbiker coder mikeG's Avatar
    Name: MikeG
    Sign: Virgo
    Board set-up(s): Burton Canyon 185
    (wish I could dedicate all my time workin' on outdoorreview and mtbr, but they make me work on photographyreview and audioreview )

... some day I'll fill out the rest ...