Thread: Canaria

Canaria

What do you think of Graceland?

Good venue?

Yeah, I've enjoyed many a show there! now... why do you ask? can't leave me hangin' like that, are you playing a show there? are you coming to town to check out a show?

BTW, I may hold aginst you that you were at my local hill 2 days in a row, and didn't call to request my "expert" guiding services...
    Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky

Basically I missed seeing friends/family when I indulged in the PNW. The timing of a show I would like to see fits perfectly. Kept an eye out for you but there are to many cute brunets littering Baker, what’s with that? The end of May is when I plan to visit, any corn harvesting around that time?

I’ll buy you and husband tickets for a must see show

Lol!!

I know what you mean... Baker locals (male and female) are a good looking bunch!

So you visiting again in May? (you'll need to stick around till Aug/Sep for the corn harvest!) What's this must-see-show you talkin about Willis? Inquiring minds want to know...
    Canaria

Canaria!

Speaking of you and your husband....I might have missed the latest "update" post or something since i've been fickle bout checking the board, but have been thinking about you and your situation. What is the update with moving to the Canary Islands? Is that even still something that might happen? Did your hubby say No Way or is it just put off for a bit longer??

Hope you dont mind discussing....just been thinkin' bout you!

Doutora Bunda!

What's up, sweet-to-be Mrs. TBone? Lot's going on with you too, eh? I'm soo happy for you guys, tres cool!

Funny you ask about an update, cause indeed a lot has been "updated" in the last week... Yesterday I gave my 2 month notice at work, very sad because I love what I do for a living and the team I work with has been like my surrogate family for the last 5 years... but it was something I needed to do. Hubby, lil'M and I, recently got tickets to go to the Canary Islands when school is over in mid-June, hubby will return to Seattle after his 3 wks vacation, and Lil'M and I will get to spend the whole summer in the islands. I'll do some work at my mom's bar to make some $$, but otherwise most of the time will be spent kicking it with the fam, surfing, sailing around, some scuba, some fishing, some writing, and I would love to try out kite boarding, other than that, pretty mellow.

I just got an e-mail from my friend Sergio (who did the Bali surf-trip, remember the photos?), saying that he's also gonna be there for the whole summer (before taking off to Australia for 3 months, bastage!), so we are starting to plan a little surfari around the islands, that ought to rock!

As always, all good things come to an end, and I'll have to return in the fall, get a job, rejoin the rat race, b!tch about Bush, etc... unless, I can manage my funds well enough to be able to afford to go spend some time with my sister, who will be working in some projects in the Dominican Republic and Mexico, that would be really cool, let's see.

So, that's the 411 in a nutshell, steady but surely, baby. So what about you? How do you feel about this new period in life that is unfolding before you? Excited, I bet
    Canaria

Hippy

The show is the little known band I featured on the last cd swap. The legendary Alice Donut (well the more catchy stuff anyway)
    After the Seattle show I think I’ll head north to Denman Islands, BC and catch NoMeansNo.

The corn I was talking about was that of snow, any touring late may?

Hippy-potamus

Alice Donut, huh? I don't think I feel about it as strongly as you do, but I'm ok with drinking some beers while they play in the background, I guess... ;)

May is a fine month for corn cruising, just keep me posted, and we may just be able to work out something fun (maybe we can crash on E's pad @ Mt. Hood? )
    Canaria

Just got around to reading this!!

Quote Originally Posted by CanariaChick
    What's up, sweet-to-be Mrs. TBone? Lot's going on with you too, eh? I'm soo happy for you guys, tres cool!

Funny you ask about an update, cause indeed a lot has been "updated" in the last week... Yesterday I gave my 2 month notice at work, very sad because I love what I do for a living and the team I work with has been like my surrogate family for the last 5 years... but it was something I needed to do. Hubby, lil'M and I, recently got tickets to go to the Canary Islands when school is over in mid-June, hubby will return to Seattle after his 3 wks vacation, and Lil'M and I will get to spend the whole summer in the islands. I'll do some work at my mom's bar to make some $$, but otherwise most of the time will be spent kicking it with the fam, surfing, sailing around, some scuba, some fishing, some writing, and I would love to try out kite boarding, other than that, pretty mellow.

I just got an e-mail from my friend Sergio (who did the Bali surf-trip, remember the photos?), saying that he's also gonna be there for the whole summer (before taking off to Australia for 3 months, bastage!), so we are starting to plan a little surfari around the islands, that ought to rock!

As always, all good things come to an end, and I'll have to return in the fall, get a job, rejoin the rat race, b!tch about Bush, etc... unless, I can manage my funds well enough to be able to afford to go spend some time with my sister, who will be working in some projects in the Dominican Republic and Mexico, that would be really cool, let's see.

So, that's the 411 in a nutshell, steady but surely, baby. So what about you? How do you feel about this new period in life that is unfolding before you? Excited, I bet
    Wow...sounds like you will be having an amaaaaaaaazing summer!!! And I do remember Sergio and his unbelievable pics. You'll have to promise not to forget us while you are down there and post pics of all your many adventures.

My 411 is that I started my new job this week. WOOHOO! I'm employed!! I desparately needed to start making money. Gotta start paying back those student loans in June. YIKES! Wedding planning is a pain in the butt really, but it'll all work itself out. It's really crazy when you think about it....all that has happened in such a short time. Last October I finished school and finally became a PhD. Big accomplishment and hurdle, new phase of my life. Then I make a major move out to Denver, another big event in most people's lives. Then 4 months later we get a house and move in, another big event. Then less than two months later I get a job and get engaged!!! Freakin' Insane I tell ya. In 6 months I've had more major live events than I've had in my entire life!! Well....maybe not....but it's a lot. It's like an entirely new life. Everything in different and new and FABULOUS. I absolutely LOVE my new job. Great office with a great view and a new computer and the people are fabulous. I'm really happy and excited about it. The house is still great and CO is still great (even though it's snowing like crazy today and it's end of April!!! WTF?).

My birthday is Sunday so this weekend should be fun. Going to dinner with 16 of my closest new friends on Sat. night ;). Hopefully some will wanna hang for drinks afterwards (some are claiming to be too old....but really they are just lame and will go home and go to bed after dinner).

Life is truly grand. Thanks for asking :-D.

Things seem to be working out for both of us!! Can't wait for you to come to Denver for a visit. It's gotta be on your List of Things To Do.